Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

Also, the small Wolverine joke annoyed me because that is not comic accurate 5.3. They're making fun of Wolverine being small by... making him far shorter than in the comics? It would have been fun to get an actual 5.3 Wolverine. He should be up to at least Deadpool's shoulders.
I think it was a monkey's paw joke by Marvel. You asked for short Wolverine? Well here is one shorter than in the comics!

Do the Wolverine variants come from branches of Earth 10005 or are they alternate universes?

apparently bucky has his arm in the sdcc footage, do we just assume this is a replacement arm after nebula stole his if it's not directly addressed?

Do the Wolverine variants come from branches of Earth 10005 or are they alternate universes?
Alternate universes. Like, Old Man Logan, Age of Apocalypse, etc. We treated Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse cameos from the comics (that don't contradict) as the same versions, so to me it makes sense that, despite the change in medium, we could say those are the same, and if we do, then logically they must be alternate universes. Plus, those realities aren't in danger from the Earth-10005 degradation (though that might be due to them not being through time travel).

Alternate universes. Like, Old Man Logan, Age of Apocalypse, etc. We treated Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse cameos from the comics (that don't contradict) as the same versions, so to me it makes sense that, despite the change in medium, we could say those are the same, and if we do, then logically they must be alternate universes. Plus, those realities aren't in danger from the Earth-10005 degradation (though that might be due to them not being through time travel).
personally i view any on-screen version as a similar-but-cinematic version, presented as earth "xB" in across the spider-verse so for example i would designate the old man logan earth as earth-807128B and i would assume the deadpool 2099 we saw would originate on earth-16356B, etc.

personally i view any on-screen version as a similar-but-cinematic version, presented as earth "xB" in across the spider-verse so for example i would designate the old man logan earth as earth-807128B and i would assume the deadpool 2099 we saw would originate on earth-16356B, etc.
Yeah, but Earth-1610 Tarantula appeared in Spider-Verse and it was the comic version.

Also, basically all the non-first appearance versions are taken as their Comic counterparts:
1000007841.jpg
1000007842.jpg

Last edited:
from the live panel:

Now we're talking about TVA, written by Katharyn Blair, with art by Pere Pérez. "I asked my editor, what can I say, what can I not? They said, have fun. It's basically going to be the TVA after Loki Season 2," she says. There's an alternate world Gambit, and Doc Clock and Sir Seconds -- part of the Timely Team with Miss Minutes. "The TVA is really big," she teases. You think you know what the TVA is from Loki, but there's so much more here. She's promises "characters that you know, and characters you think you know."
Here's what I think: "He Who Remains" created the MCU TVA and they distinctly guarded the MCU timelines.

After Loki preserved the MCU multiverse in the S2 finale, the 'outside' TVA from the comics discovered and integrated with the MCU TVA; it expanded from there as a uniform organization.

Look at it like how Disney gobbled up 20th Century Fox.

Ok so I think I've figured out the Watch order for the X-men films now work in unison with the MCU multiverse.

So First is Avengers Endgame that kicked off the events leading to Loki S01 and S02 directly after that which now created and (for now) stabilised the Multiverse of the MCU now allowing for branching 616 realities from the main MCU and also allowing other multiverses like the fox and Sony universes to collide with the MCU and it's branches.

So
Avengers Endgame
Loki S01
Loki S02
What if S01
What if S02
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man S01
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man S02

(Animated Marvel Universe E.g. X-men 97,etc.)

Sony and Fox universes (in order of timeline start dates)

Blade

Daredevil/Elektra

Punisher 2003

Fantastic Four (2005)

Fox X-men (unsure of placement, before the venom verse crosses over but not the earliest universe as it starts in 1962)

Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-man (PlayStation)

Miles Morales Spiderverse

Venom-verse

(Back to the MCU)

With me so far?

So now that the multiverse is set up we can now move on chronological from Endgame as all of these realities are now accessible to the MCU making this the point to watch them before moving forward.

Then we have Eternals which is set in either Oct/Nov 2023 (i will die on this hill as the explanation marvel gave us is flimsy at best) then wandavision blah blah blah all the way to 2026 ok now here is where my theory comes in.

So we are in 2026 as GotG Vol.3 occurs in March 4th-6th 2026 so now with the exact date given to us in DP&W as March 14th 2018
in the MCU
and it jumps 6 years later into the Fox X-men universe again we are now in March 2024
But there are clues in the epilogue scene of Loki S02 finale that makes us believe that we are at a point close to the ending of Ant-man Quantumania in mid 2025 and in DP&W in the void and the TVA there are references to other MCU projects which implies that the audience has already seen those projects (Moon Knight,Quantumania,Multiverse of Madness)
So to make the MCU connections work with the March timeframe would lead us only a few days after GotG Vol.3 in mid March 2026

Last edited:
Ok so I think I've figured out the Watch order for the X-men films now work in unison with the MCU multiverse.

So First is Avengers Endgame that kicked off the events leading to Loki S01 and S02 directly after that which now created and (for now) stabilised the Multiverse of the MCU now allowing for branching 616 realities from the main MCU and also allowing other multiverses like the fox and Sony universes to collide with the MCU and it's branches.

So
Avengers Endgame
Loki S01
Loki S02
What if S01
What if S02

Blade

Spider-Man

Daredevil/Elektra

Punisher 2003

Fantastic Four (2005)

Fox X-men (unsure of placement, before the venom verse crosses over but not the earliest universe as it starts in 1962)

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-man PlayStation)

Venom-verse

(Back to the MCU)

With me so far?

So now that the multiverse is set up we can now move on chronological from Endgame as all of these realities are now accessible to the MCU making this the point to watch them before moving forward.

Then we have Eternals which is set in either Oct/Nov 2023 (i will die on this hill as the explanation marvel gave us is flimsy at best) then wandavision blah blah blah all the way to 2026 ok now here is where my theory comes in.

So we are in 2026 as GotG Vol.3 occurs in March 4th-6th 2026 so now with the exact date given to us in DP&W as March 14th 2018 in the MCU and it jumps 6 years later into the Fox X-men universe again we are now in March 2024
But there are clues in the epilogue scene of Loki S02 finale that makes us believe that we are at a point close to the ending of Ant-man Quantumania in mid 2025 and in DP&W in the void and the TVA there are references to other MCU projects which implies that the audience has already seen those projects (Moon Knight,Quantumania,Multiverse of Madness)
So to make the MCU connections work with the March timeframe would lead us only a few days after GotG Vol.3 in mid March 2026
Sorry for rambling but basically I was having trouble what film to put last in my X-men order before it collides with the MCU in DP&W and after watching it and thinking about it I landed on putting Deadpool 2 at the end after Logan but that didn't sit right with me because Logan occurs just over a decade later than Deadpool 2.
But because Deadpool 2 has time travel and overwriting the future of cables world I thought it overwrites Logan and Deadpool and Vanessa are dead in that timeline but the more I thought about it the more I realised that Deadpool's time travel shenanigans don't affect the timeline with Logan dying in 2029, the TVA does.

Think about it Mr. Paradox says that wades use of cables time watch is NOT the reason they bring him to the tva it has something to do with the MCU's future not wade messing with the past. But if the tva didn't take wade then his timeline (the one with Logan at the end of it) would die without wade knowing about it but because the tva went BACK in time to 2024 to take wade before he was gone forever due to temporal decay and tell him the situation that then leaves us with a slightly changed timeline with 2 wolverines and 2 X-23s by 2029 and then they become the new anchor beings. (I know Laura isn't one but the new variant wolverine certainly is)

So that would leave us with the true X-men timeline:

First Class
Origins: Wolverine
X-Men
X2
Last Stand
The Wolverine
The Gifted S01 & S02 (Optional but I count it)
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
New Mutants
Logan

(MCU after endgame)

Deadpool & Wolverine (TVA jumps back to 2024 to bring in wade about his timeline dying, inadvertently fixes it and changes the timeline slightly,so there is now a revised version of Logan (2017 film) instead of the original cut)

Last edited:

So
Avengers Endgame
Loki S01
Loki S02
What if S01
What if S02

Blade

Daredevil/Elektra

Punisher 2003

Fantastic Four (2005)

Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-man (PlayStation)

Venom-verse

(Back to the MCU)

With me so far?

So we are in 2026 as GotG Vol.3 occurs in March 4th-6th 2026 so now with the exact date given to us in DP&W as March 14th 2018
in the MCU
and it jumps 6 years later into the Fox X-men universe again we are now in March 2024
The Punisher came out in 2004, although it does take place in 2003. It doesn't have any viable connections. The Gifted is officially designated a different reality to X-Men.

Also, note how the Young Avengers and Deadpool both visited Earth-199999 before 2023, so the events of Loki literally affect all of time. In theory, you could watch Blade, X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, The Amazing Spider-Man, Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters and Spider-Verse following Loki or during the rest of the Marvel Multiverse, because TVA time isn't linear with any specific universe.

Sorry for rambling but basically I was having trouble what film to put last in my X-men order before it collides with the MCU in DP&W and after watching it and thinking about it I landed on putting Deadpool 2 at the end after Logan but that didn't sit right with me because Logan occurs just over a decade later than Deadpool 2.
But because Deadpool 2 has time travel and overwriting the future of cables world I thought it overwrites Logan and Deadpool and Vanessa are dead in that timeline but the more I thought about it the more I realised that Deadpool's time travel shenanigans don't affect the timeline with Logan dying in 2029, the TVA does.

Think about it Mr. Paradox says that wades use of cables time watch is NOT the reason they bring him to the tva it has something to do with the MCU's future not wade messing with the past. But if the tva didn't take wade then his timeline (the one with Logan at the end of it) would die without wade knowing about it but because the tva went BACK in time to 2024 to take wade before he was gone forever due to temporal decay and tell him the situation that then leaves us with a slightly changed timeline with 2 wolverines and 2 X-23s by 2029 and then they become the new anchor beings. (I know Laura isn't one but the new variant wolverine certainly is)

So that would leave us with the true X-men timeline:

First Class
X-Men
X2
Last Stand
The Wolverine
The Gifted S01 & S02 (Optional but I count it)
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
New Mutants
Logan

(MCU after endgame)

Deadpool & Wolverine (TVA jumps back to 2024 to bring in wade about his timeline dying, inadvertently fixes it and changes the timeline slightly,so there is now a revised version of Logan (2017 film) instead of the original cut)
Just to be a little more specific (not counting the flashbacks in the earlier movies), I think it's:

First Class
X-Men
X2
Last Stand
The Wolverine
The Gifted S01 & S02 (Optional)
Days of Future Past 1973 parts
Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
New Mutants
Days of Future Past 2023 parts
Deadpool and Wolverine
The Marvels post credits
Logan

I actually don't think anything was changed in Logan from DP&W.

And, if that wasn't enough:

1959 - X-Men First Class: The High Hand #1
1962 - X-Men: First Class
1979 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
2003 - X-Men
2003 - X-Men the Movie: iConnect Special #1, "A Rogue By Any Other Name"
2003 - X-Men 2: Wolverine #1
2003 - X-Men 2: Nightcrawler #1
2003 - X2: X-Men United
2005 - X-Men: The Official Game
2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
2013 - The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition