Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

You see The Dating Game in leaked SDCC footage for Fantastic Four. That first came out in December 1965, so we might be in 1966 for Fantastic Four's film. (A good 5 years after they originally appeared in the comics.)

I thought/ was hoping that DP would end up in 616 at the end of the movie and Wolverine and the X-Men universe would cease to exist. Wasn't that the original plan?
I'm glad they didn't didn't do that tbh. On the other hand, I think Blade, Elektra and Johnny's universes may be dying or have already died. It was a bit unclear.

Last edited:
I'm glad they didn't didn't do that tbh. On the other hand, I think Blade, Elektra and Johnny's universes may be dying or have already died. It was a bit unclear.
Not me I want Deadpool to be IN the MCU, not just made by the same people. That's stupid.

I thought/ was hoping that DP would end up in 616 at the end of the movie and Wolverine and the X-Men universe would cease to exist. Wasn't that the original plan?
I'm glad that didn't happen, because the X-Verse shouldn't be treated as disposable, nor should any Legacy universe, for the sake of one reality.

I'm glad that didn't happen, because the X-Verse shouldn't be treated as disposable, nor should any Legacy universe, for the sake of one reality.
Going into the MCU, I thought exactly that. I had no idea that there would ever be a multiverse. And now, it's cool seeing alternate versions of stuff, but to me, eventually, enough is enough. "Close" all of the other universes and continue with just 616. I honestly hope that eventually the multiverse will be abandoned and the movies will be more like phases 1-3. I don't want to have to watch 700 things during rewatches just because X appears in X.

Some questions about Deadpool & Wolverine:

- What happened to Blade, Elektra and Gambit? And what happened to their unuverses (especially Blade's New Line Cinema's universe and Daredevil/Elektra's Fox universe)?
- What happened to Chris Evans' Human Torch universe?
- Is the Laura the same from the Logan movie? Or it's an alternate one?
- Are the present scenes (in Deadpool's main universe) in 2024 or sometime in/after 2029?

Some questions about Deadpool & Wolverine:

- What happened to Blade, Elektra and Gambit? And what happened to their unuverses (especially Blade's New Line Cinema's universe and Daredevil/Elektra's Fox universe)?
- What happened to Chris Evans' Human Torch universe?
- Is the Laura the same from the Logan movie? Or it's an alternate one?
- Are the present scenes (in Deadpool's main universe) in 2024 or sometime in/after 2029?
Best answer I can give
- returned to their homes by the TVA. I assume they had homes to return to then?
- Either it was destroyed or perhaps he was just pruned. I don't believe it was specified. All we know is he was sent to the Void
- Could be. Might be a variant from a branch that's ever so slightly different
- in 2024 I believe

Going into the MCU, I thought exactly that. I had no idea that there would ever be a multiverse. And now, it's cool seeing alternate versions of stuff, but to me, eventually, enough is enough. "Close" all of the other universes and continue with just 616. I honestly hope that eventually the multiverse will be abandoned and the movies will be more like phases 1-3. I don't want to have to watch 700 things during rewatches just because X appears in X.
i'm sorry but the MCU has always being in the same multiverse as the comics. (and that universe is the real 616). Which will never end, so yk. I understand that newcommers aren't used to it. But comic readers are, expecially with marvel.

i meant the 616 universe, not the comics that are canon to the MCU. Anyway, that's how marvel always worked since 1939. I doubt they would change, so u be u. I personally like all these connections and everything.
Speaking of comics, do you think the Old Man Logan and Age of Apocalypse Weapon X cameos seen in the montage in the movie can be considered the same ones as the comic versions? They looked very accurate to the comics and their appearance don't really condradict their history (the montage could have happened any time in their lives). I like to think they were indeed the comic versions. Also, I wouldn't have expected a comic cover (X-Men #251) to be treated as an alternate universe in a movie of all places. Even in the comics, a comic cover has never been treated as an alternate reality to my knowledge. But it makes sense, since what happens in covers often don't match what happens in the actual comic.

Speaking of comics, do you think the Old Man Logan and Age of Apocalypse Weapon X cameos seen in the montage in the movie can be considered the same ones as the comic versions? They looked very accurate to the comics and their appearance don't really condradict their history (the montage could have happened any time in their lives). I like to think they were indeed the comic versions. Also, I wouldn't have expected a comic cover (X-Men #251) to be treated as an alternate universe in a movie of all places. Even in the comics, a comic cover has never been treated as an alternate reality to my knowledge. But it makes sense, since what happens in covers often don't match what happens in the actual comic.
could be. Also depends, Transformers have some alternate versions that are only covers.

that probably condenses things a lot
Especially Deadpool's variants might mostly be from comic-originated realities

Possible that Deadpool visited Happy during the end credits montage from DP2 and then returned the device to Cable? Explaining how he had the device and then how he later didn't have it? Also, assuming that the device has multiverse travel capabilities and he sort of randomly found the MCU?

Possible that Deadpool visited Happy during the end credits montage from DP2 and then returned the device to Cable? Explaining how he had the device and then how he later didn't have it? Also, assuming that the device has multiverse travel capabilities and he sort of randomly found the MCU?
He said he destroyed it when first talking to Paradox.

He said he destroyed it when first talking to Paradox.
My assumption was that the meeting with wade
and happy hogan in March 2018 in the MCU was the last stop on his travelling in time with Cable's time watch which happened after DP2 in May/June 2018 in the Fox universe so 6 years later would still put us in 2024 in both the MCU and the Fox universe but because Loki S02 ended with a kang variant being defeated in Quantumania in the epilogue not long after the sacred timeline was rearranged into the 616 multiverse tree that means that we are after Quantumania as B-15 is now one of the heads of the tva so it's been a while since Quantumania (Late July 2025) so that means we are probably a closer to March 2026 in the MCU or Depending if it's 6 years since the end of DP2 perhaps around May/June 2024 in the Fox universe.

Either way once wade finished up with his avengers meeting he went back to his universe (10005) and destroyed cables time device in 2018

i almost look at it like loki s2 where zaniac existed in the sacred timeline because of time travel, but it wasnt a big enough change to cause a permanent separate branch; also i view this is as happening after loki where the tva isnt so concerned about the separate timeline in the same way that across the spider-verse is april 2020 but after no way home

Also, the small Wolverine joke annoyed me because that is not comic accurate 5.3. They're making fun of Wolverine being small by... making him far shorter than in the comics? It would have been fun to get an actual 5.3 Wolverine. He should be up to at least Deadpool's shoulders.

Back