Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

How is that a clear example? First off, it's another franchise. How canon works in one franchise does not mean it works the same way in another franchise. There's dozens of examples of that (TRON, Star Trek, Star Wars).

Second, we're not talking about the inclusion or exclusion of the material in collected editions. We're talking about the literal creator, Will Corona Pilgrim, telling us it's not MCU canon.
The creators don't go on Reading/watching everything that they created, Also Canon works Like that everywhere.

Every franchaise has Canon levels and continuity errors, MCU included.

Also if this work Isn't done here (i mean esamining every media to see what can be Canon or not), then what's the use of this timeline? I could go searching their tweets and find out what's Canon in a faster way that I can coming here.

It doesn't make Sensei to me.

The creators don't go on Reading/watching everything that they created, Also Canon works Like that everywhere.

Every franchaise has Canon levels and continuity errors, MCU included.

Also if this work Isn't done here (i mean esamining every media to see what can be Canon or not), then what's the use of this timeline? I could go searching their tweets and find out what's Canon in a faster way that I can coming here.

It doesn't make Sensei to me.
The use of this timeline is to put canon material in chronological order. Which it does.

Then why It has a viewing order?

The viewing order is a simplified chronological order which doesn't require the viewer to pause the movie/show to then read two pages of a comic or novel, which completely takes someone out of said movie/show.

The use of this timeline is to put canon material in chronological order. Which it does.
Which It does not

The Word Canon on the dictionary strongly says that Canon is defined by the media that came before not by people.

It made the example of the holy writing from christianity.

The viewing order is a simplified chronological order which doesn't require the viewer to pause the movie/show to then read two pages of a comic or novel, which completely takes someone out of said movie/show.
And for Who Is this viewing order, since mostly Who would search for It are 1st timers?

Which It does not

The Word Canon on the dictionary strongly says that Canon is defined by the media that came before not by people.

It made the example of the holy writing from christianity.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canon
[Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin, standard]

b
:
the authentic works of a writer
The writer, Will Corona Pilgrim, states "inspired by" comics are not MCU Canon, and thus, not authentic.

c
:
a sanctioned or accepted group or body of related works
The "Inspired by" comics do not contain the red stamp and are thus unsactioned.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canon
[Middle English, from Late Latin, from Latin, standard]

b
:
the authentic works of a writer
The writer, Will Corona Pilgrim, states "inspired by" comics are not MCU Canon, and thus, not authentic.

c
:
a sanctioned or accepted group or body of related works
The "Inspired by" comics do not contain the red stamp and are thus unsactioned.
So i searched again on my dictionary and didn't found what Is written there.

Also the inspired by comics are in C. They are still made by Marvel, so falling in the soft Canon status.

Also most of the comics here doesn't have the red stamp on their cover, but are still here even the newer ones like eternals.

And i don't think the creators sayed that comic was canon.

And so we're at the starting point again.

Last edited:
View attachment 2185View attachment 2186View attachment 2187

NOTE: While not here, the Cap & Thor comic is considered 50% canon. Only the cap story in that comic is considered canon by the wiki.
this again is the list they made for reference. You can find First Vengeance, Jessica Jones, Eternals, the winter soldier prelude etc..

I doubt all of the people who listed them with the inspired by comics couldn't find the red stamp.

Ghost Rider is made by Marvel. Blade is made by Marvel. X-Men '97 is made by Marvel.

They're canon, too?
nope stated by the encyclopedia, which is a written proof certified by marvel.

(even if tecnically they are canon too. Just set in another universe)

Latest posts

Back