DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

Okay don't panic I found a way to rewatch it:

The ending is basically the Anti-Monitor is killed: but the multiverse still gets wiped out ENTIRELY because an infinite amount of those anti-monitors blip in as a hopeless defense mechanism - but Spectre is who promises a completely reset universe/multiverse. He didn't promise ONE universe, just "new beginnings" in the vaguest sense.

So basically it's "We can't stop the cosmic nature and will of the multiverse, due to what Constantine did in Apokolips Wars, so we got to allow it to proceed - but Spectre gives a select few the option to say behind and not join the new 'existence' - Constantine being one of them (so don't expect him to pop up in animation again; I guess him in JL Action is erased now.)

I missed those lines of dialogue, I apologize. They leave it vague enough to tell the story they wanted.
So essentially
DC's End of Evangelion

If you're to ask me, My Adventures with Superman is going to be used as the basis for a post-Crisis animated multiverse.

That's essentially the new "Earth-12" - something the Lois from other Earths said in-show was "a previous unknown universe".
Hmm. But I think the DCAU will still exist but renumbered is my guess.

Okay don't panic I found a way to rewatch it:

The ending is basically the Anti-Monitor is killed: but the multiverse still gets wiped out ENTIRELY because an infinite amount of those anti-monitors blip in as a hopeless defense mechanism - but Spectre is who promises a completely reset universe/multiverse. He didn't promise ONE universe, just "new beginnings" in the vaguest sense.

So basically it's "We can't stop the cosmic nature and will of the multiverse, due to what Constantine did in Apokolips Wars, so we got to allow it to proceed - but Spectre gives a select few the option to stay behind and not join the new "Prime Earth" and hope the reset changes their fate. (Essentially saying there is still gonna be a new multiverse.)

I missed those lines of dialogue, I apologize. They leave it vague enough to tell the story they wanted.
MUCH better.

Pre-Flashpoint Paradox

I see the animation side as encompassing the comic multiverse, with a direct method of travel to that side while live-action's 3-dimensional space cannot breach it.
All while the animation multiverse itself wasn't created until Flashpoint Paradox - and the restructured animated multiverse after the Animated Crisis.

1727242226447.png

Last edited:
I'll post this again, but here is how I "figured out" the entire DCAMU. It's def a head-canon, but I think it all works very well if watched like this.

Hi, looking at your Trello, I was surprised to see a bunch of post-2013 movies set in the Pre-Flashpoint Earth-1. How do you decide which ones? Couldn't most or all of this stuff fit better Post-Flashpoint, especially ones with Damian? If new films reference The Killing Joke or Under the Red Hood too tightly, it might be cleaner to just move those two post-Flashpoint? Or maybe Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles should be Elseworld if it's too difficult to reconcile?

Hi, looking at your Trello, I was surprised to see a bunch of post-2013 movies set in the Pre-Flashpoint Earth-1. How do you decide which ones? Couldn't most or all of this stuff fit better Post-Flashpoint, especially ones with Damian? If new films reference The Killing Joke or Under the Red Hood too tightly, it might be cleaner to just move those two post-Flashpoint? Or maybe Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles should be Elseworld if it's too difficult to reconcile?
There's 12 (non-Elseworlds/pre-existing continuities) standalone animated films under the DC Universe Animated Original Movies label.
In order (compatible vs non-compatible after previous film):
1.) Superman: Doomsday
2.) Wonder Woman
3.) Green Lantern: First Flight
4.) Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
5.) Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
6.) Batman: Under the Red Hood
7.) Superman/Batman: Apocalypse*(?)
8.) Green Lantern: Emerald Knights**
9.) Justice League: Doom***
10.) Superman vs. the Elite
11.) Superman: Unbound****
12.) Batman: The Killing Joke

* - Despite being labeled as a sequel to the first film, the existence of Power Girl in the first and Supergirl's introduction in the 2nd discredits that notion.
** - Too many irregularities, especially regarding Hal Jordan's timeline, Oa being destroyed prevents it from being a First Flight prequel, etc.
*** - IS compatible, despite the big deal made out of Metallo's death in Public Enemies, he just gets rebuilt. No biggie. Cyborg = immortality.
**** - Bottle city of Kandor gets saved and immediately placed on a planet to regrow and thrive. Clark never puts it in his Fortress, which we see in the background of Superman vs. the Elite.

As far as I know, there's FOUR DC Animated Movie Universe timelines on Earth-1. The 4th and final one (post-Crisis) is too vague and benefits nothing from bringing in a prior work into the fold.

You can group most of these (8 of the 9, sans Green Lantern, compatible ones) as pre-Flashpoint.
First Flight fits better post-Flashpoint with Emerald Knights as pre-Flashpoint 'cause of Oa.
Unbound can weirdly fit in the post-Flashpoint continuity for the DCAMU; pre-Tomorrowverse. Elite's events slightly altered at that point.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse creates the biggest issue, unless you really want to shove two Kara Zor-(e)Ls into the same universe somehow, a clone or something I guess. But it can't be post-Flashpoint due to the Darkseid ordeal and it can't be Tomorrowverse because Darkseid doesn't exist on Tomorrowverse's Earth-1.

There ya go.

EDIT:

I guess if you wanna view this as the post-Crisis DC animated Earth-1 timeline...be my guest?
It can't fit in any of the prior timelines due to Jonathan and Martha Kent being dead plus Jimmy Olsen's obvious race swap in the film.

Last edited:
There's 12 (non-Elseworlds/pre-existing continuities) standalone animated films under the DC Universe Animated Original Movies label.
In order (compatible vs non-compatible after previous film):
1.) Superman: Doomsday
2.) Wonder Woman
3.) Green Lantern: First Flight
4.) Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
5.) Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
6.) Batman: Under the Red Hood
7.) Superman/Batman: Apocalypse*(?)
8.) Green Lantern: Emerald Knights**
9.) Justice League: Doom***
10.) Superman vs. the Elite
11.) Superman: Unbound****
12.) Batman: The Killing Joke

* - Despite being labeled as a sequel to the first film, the existence of Power Girl in the first and Supergirl's introduction in the 2nd discredits that notion.
** - Too many irregularities, especially regarding Hal Jordan's timeline, Oa being destroyed prevents it from being a First Flight prequel, etc.
*** - IS compatible, despite the big deal made out of Metallo's death in Public Enemies, he just gets rebuilt. No biggie. Cyborg = immortality.
**** - Bottle city of Kandor gets saved and immediately placed on a planet to regrow in thrive. Clark never puts it in his Fortress, which we see in the background of Superman vs. the Elite.

As far as I know, there's FOUR DC Animated Movie Universe timelines on Earth-1. The 4th and final one (post-Crisis) is too vague and benefits nothing from bringing in a prior work into the fold.

You can group most of these (the 9 compatible ones) as pre-Flashpoint.
Emerald Knights and Unbound can weirdly fit in the post-Flashpoint continuity for the DCAMU; pre-Tomorrowverse. With First Flight and Elite's events slightly altered at that point.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse creates the biggest issue, unless you really want to shove two Kara Zor-(e)Ls into the same universe somehow, a clone or something I guess. But it can't be post-Flashpoint due to the Darkseid ordeal and it can't be Tomorrowverse because Darkseid doesn't exist on Tomorrowverse's Earth-1.

There ya go.
My explanation for Power Girl's appearance in Apocalypse is she's just from a different earth. Seems simple enough.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse creates the biggest issue, unless you really want to shove two Kara Zor-(e)Ls into the same universe somehow, a clone or something I guess.
That's how it was in the Superman/Batman comic issues #1-13 being adapted, one Powergirl Kara descended from the Atlantean sorcerer Arion, and one Supergirl Kara, Superman's newly-arrived cousin from Krypton.

Latest posts

Back