DC Animated Movie Universe - Timeline

Now the confusing part, because Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are different universes and now we're seeing another connected storyline.
My headcanon, since GL:TAS technically is 'canon' to Justice League Action as well; maybe had something to do with Klarion's "Earth-17" incident mentioned in YJ season 4. Like he split Earths somehow, I dunno.

(Yes we saw the Atomic Knights on Earth-17 in Crisis: Part 2 just recently...ehh that could be the future or years after JL:A.)

While I'm talking about it...

FUCK. CANON. ADJACENT. YOUNG JUSTICE.

I like my media to be clean. It is either canon or it is not. Don't continue to implement narratives if you don't consider it to be "all-in". It's just annoying, confusing and very messy.
It is a Greg Weisman thing. Apparently at some point an Atlantis: The Lost Empire series was in development and he wrote an episode that was going to be canon to Gargoyles. NOT making Gargoyles and Atlantis the same universe, but that the episode was canon to Gargoyles and Atlantis simultaneously but the rest of the Atlantis series was only canon to Atlantis and the Gargoyles series was only canon to Gargoyles. The series was canceled (and the 3 episodes already made recicled as Atlantis 2) so it saved us another canon-adjacent dilema.

It is a Greg Weisman thing. Apparently at some point an Atlantis: The Lost Empire series was in development and he wrote an episode that was going to be canon to Gargoyles. NOT making Gargoyles and Atlantis the same universe, but that the episode was canon to Gargoyles and Atlantis simultaneously but the rest of the Atlantis series was only canon to Atlantis and the Gargoyles series was only canon to Gargoyles. The series was canceled (and the 3 episodes already made recicled as Atlantis 2) so it saved us another canon-adjacent dilema.
That's just stupid.

The transcript leaked:

Looks like the DCAU and Earth-16 are saved via Zeta Beam to a pocket dimension, but the Super Friends Earth (E-508) is destroyed. I guess that's why we have a version in the comic multiverse...

The transcript leaked:

Looks like the DCAU and Earth-16 are saved via Zeta Beam to a pocket dimension, but the Super Friends Earth (E-508) is destroyed. I guess that's why we have a version in the comic multiverse...
Good find!!!

I saw the movie and...this is going to infuriate everyone who loves DC Animation but
Every other Earth besides the Prime Earth (The DC Animated Movie Universe) is destroyed forever.

YJ's Earth-16 is destroyed, the DCAU is destroyed, the Teen Titans 2003 universe is destroyed.

And only certain things are only borrowed an carried over into this new Prime Earth.

So I guess that puts My Adventures with Superman in a separate multiverse entirely or it's all pre-2024 I dunno. The season 3 renewal means nothing really, plus Harley Quinn is in the live-action multiverse somehow so this is it.

I saw the movie and...this is going to infuriate everyone who loves DC Animation but
Every other Earth besides the Prime Earth (The DC Animated Movie Universe) is destroyed forever.

YJ's Earth-16 is destroyed, the DCAU is destroyed, the Teen Titans 2003 universe is destroyed.

And only certain things are only borrowed an carried over into this new Prime Earth.

So I guess that puts My Adventures with Superman in a separate multiverse entirely or it's all pre-2024 I dunno. The season 3 renewal means nothing really, plus Harley Quinn is in the live-action multiverse somehow so this is it.
Would you be able to send screenshots of the Earth's you mentioned? I'm very curious what they each look like. Also, glad we finally have an Earth designation for Teen Titans!

Considering how their universe works, even if they got destroyed they probably bounced right back

Okay don't panic I found a way to rewatch it:

The ending is basically the Anti-Monitor is killed: but the multiverse still gets wiped out ENTIRELY because an infinite amount of those anti-monitors blip in as a hopeless defense mechanism - but Spectre is who promises a completely reset universe/multiverse. He didn't promise ONE universe, just "new beginnings" in the vaguest sense.

So basically it's "We can't stop the cosmic nature and will of the multiverse, due to what Constantine did in Apokolips Wars, so we got to allow it to proceed - but Spectre gives a select few the option to stay behind and not join the new "Prime Earth" and hope the reset changes their fate. (Essentially saying there is still gonna be a new multiverse.)

I missed those lines of dialogue, I apologize. They leave it vague enough to tell the story they wanted.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back