Alien vs. Predator - Timeline

Outland Timeline
-Hypersleep Chambers exist. They were apparently invented in 2030 according to Alien lore.

-They don't use FTL travel to get back to Earth. FTL travel was discovered in 2032 according to Alien lore, but the first ship to utilise it was invented in 2035.

-Paul's (O'Niel's son) actor is age 14 in 1981, so let's assume that he's 14 in the movie. He has never been to Earth before. Presumably, they arrived on Lo before he was born and probably used a hypersleep chamber.

To lower the chances of FTL travel being widely used during the time of the movie, we should minimise how far into the future the movie is. They probably arrived on Lo sometime after 2030, and it took them one year to get there, so 2031. Paul would be conceived by the following year, 2032, plus 14 years means 2046. However, it likely took a few years before they slept to Lo, so we'll say 5-10 years perhaps, and we have 2051-2056. So, about 2053 I guess? It's really a complete estimate though, and some of the implied technology of Blade Runner could suggest differently, but that's my placement. Fitting right between Underwater and Marvel's Predator comics.

Paul W. S. Anderson: "Now, on Kurt's shoulder there is the Tanhauser Gate. That's one of the battles that he fought in, which people might recognise from Blade Runner as well, Rutger Hauer talks about C-beams glittering in the darkness off the Tanhauser Gate, and David Peoples also did the adaptation of Blade Runner. There's a lot of references to Blade Runner in this film. I always saw the two movies, Soldier and Blade Runner, although they're very, very different, as existing in the same universe, so that if Kurt ever went to Earth, he'd encounter Harrison Ford down there."
-Soldier, director's commentary

I'm including the Weyland Timeline and, I suppose, the Peter Weyland Files (Prometheus extra that references the distress signal on LV-426 and Blade Runner events). I love how we go from "global warming reversed" to The Predator referring to present global warming and then Blade Runner existing in a world that has been polluted by climate change, lol.

Imagine that Jonesy was a replicant cat, hehe.

Didn't the government made a law for replicants to be distinguished from humans or something? Can't be that the white blood in androids in the Alien films is a product of that and the androids are replicants?

Didn't the government made a law for replicants to be distinguished from humans or something? Can't be that the white blood in androids in the Alien films is a product of that and the androids are replicants?
The first android was invented in 2025 (David 1, as seen in the Covenant flashback). Plus, remember Peter Weyland's memo about replicants? He refers to replicants as being as whole different species to androids essentially.
1000007614.jpg
1000007616.jpg

1000007741.jpg
1000007742.jpg
Here's what Earth looks like in Alien: Earth from old concept art by the way. The Weyland-Yutani logo, talk of it being about the origin of "Weyland-Yutani", and the fact there's someone working for Weyland-Yutani in the cast suggests that it should be between Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, really set in 2099 based on the Weyland-Yutani Report. I suppose that some information could have gotten mixed up in the Big Deletion though. Perhaps they merged a year following the departure of the Prometheus (so literally 30 years before Alien, 2092)?

Alien: Director's Cut Chapter 30 (1:22:34 - 1:26:38)
Alien: Director's Cut Chapter 31 (1:26:39 - 1:38:49)
Alien: Director's Cut Chapter 32 (1:28:50 - 1:28:49)
Alien: Director's Cut Chapter 33 (1:30:49 - 1:32:39)
Alien: Director's Cut Chapter 34 (1:32:40 - 1:34:23)
Found a small mistake here

Alien: Resurrection: Special Edition Chapter 22 (1:07:41 - 1:07:40)
Alien: Resurrection: Special Edition Chapter 23 (1:19:37 - 1:19:36)
Alien: Resurrection: Special Edition Chapter 24 (1:22:07 - 1:22:06)
Alien: Resurrection: Special Edition Chapter 25 (1:28:21 - 1:28:20)
Alien: Resurrection: Special Edition Chapter 26 (1:31:46 - 1:31:45)
Alien: Resurrection: Special Edition Chapter 27 (1:34:16 - 1:38:57)
Where's the rest of the timestamps?

Are the Alien 40th anniversary short films canon? I know they are fan made, but in association with Fox, so they are semi-official

I watched the entire director's commentary of Outland.

"In the future, the whole concept of non-sleek looking, non-romantic looking kind of set in the future, is totally due to Ridley Scott making Alien and Blade Runner. That's the genesis of giving some people like me the courage to say 'oh I think I know what it should look like', and then work within it." - Peter Hyams

That's the only reference to Alien. Again, seems to me more like an aesthetic design choice more than anything. Underwater is similar in this regard, but that actually has in-universe connections so I feel that's understandable (Weyland Corp categorically exists because we can see it in the movie).

This is obviously not a completely reliable source, but here's someone's claim about it when they asked the costume designer for Alien/Outland.
I don't know if I already wrote this before but I once interviewed Tiny Nichols over the phone (actually twice) and since I remembered this "question" from either this forum or the IMDb boards, I asked Nichols the very same question.
The answer is that there was not a connection, not a planned one anyway, it was just the way they (costumiers, set designer etc) imagined the future in those years, add the fact that a few of the same people worked on both films and you get fuel for fan-imagination where the two movies MIGHT co-exist in the same universe. Weylan might be a competitor of Con-Am.
But it wasn't in the idea of the movie-makers.
Some people claim that they read something about them being unoffically linked in Starlog Magazine, but Peter Hyams actually distanced himself from the Alien influence in the actual magazine.

However, though it's easy to get the impression that Hyams saw Alien and deliberately replicated it, Hyams himself denied that he was influenced by Ridley Scott's film. "No," he told Starlog magazine in 1981, "I was not influenced by Alien at all. This is a very dissimilar movie. Alien did not really focus on the characters. This movie is about a bunch of people that I think you get to see sides of that you don't ordinarily get to see in films."

When we're ignoring basically the entire Fox consultant's canon tiers because it doesn't make any sense (and has shifted because even he can't decide what's canon), I think we can ignore the shoehorn canon thing. That was made with the idea that the inclusions could fit in the same universe, but will never be officially the same. It's more of an opinion. There's no way Fox considered Outland more canon than Predator. Heck, there's no way they considered Blade Runner/Soldier more canon than Predator.

I don't feel comfortable having Outland on this timeline for those reasons, but I'll keep it copied just in case Megatron wants to use it for the expanded timeline.

Also, I've dated Predator versus Wolverine now. I worked it out based on the sliding timeline and the actual canon dates for Wolverine's past. Team X operated in 1961-1968, Wolverine's bone adamantium coating always happens in 1974, Wolverine trained with Muramasa decades ago, so 1980s seems reasonable, and the mid-point of Wolverine wearing brown suit worked out as 2014 using the sliding timeline.

I watched the entire director's commentary of Outland.

"In the future, the whole concept of non-sleek looking, non-romantic looking kind of set in the future, is totally due to Ridley Scott making Alien and Blade Runner. That's the genesis of giving some people like me the courage to say 'oh I think I know what it should look like', and then work within it." - Peter Hyams

That's the only reference to Alien. Again, seems to me more like an aesthetic design choice more than anything. Underwater is similar in this regard, but that actually has in-universe connections so I feel that's understandable (Weyland Corp categorically exists because we can see it in the movie).

This is obviously not a completely reliable source, but here's someone's claim about it when they asked the costume designer for Alien/Outland.

Some people claim that they read something about them being unoffically linked in Starlog Magazine, but Peter Hyams actually distanced himself from the Alien influence in the actual magazine.

When we're ignoring basically the entire Fox consultant's canon tiers because it doesn't make any sense (and has shifted because even he can't decide what's canon), I think we can ignore the shoehorn canon thing. That was made with the idea that the inclusions could fit in the same universe, but will never be officially the same. It's more of an opinion. There's no way Fox considered Outland more canon than Predator. Heck, there's no way they considered Blade Runner/Soldier more canon than Predator.

I don't feel comfortable having Outland on this timeline for those reasons, but I'll keep it copied just in case Megatron wants to use it for the expanded timeline.

Also, I've dated Predator versus Wolverine now. I worked it out based on the sliding timeline and the actual canon dates for Wolverine's past. Team X operated in 1961-1968, Wolverine's bone adamantium coating always happens in 1974, Wolverine trained with Muramasa decades ago, so 1980s seems reasonable, and the mid-point of Wolverine wearing brown suit worked out as 2014 using the sliding timeline.
thank you! For keeping Outland for helping me.

Could u copy it's timeline in the comments, please?

What does an apartment look like on 'Alien'? That basic stuff of the palette of 'Alien,' the design of that ship, that dripping is so specific. I think that the sweaty aesthetic of 'Alien' plays very well into climate change and the hot, wet future that we're all moving toward. Technology in the first two movies was rooted in the retro futurism of the '70s and '80s. Is that our aesthetic? Those challenges really excite me because I would much rather deal with computers that look like that than holograms and feel like I'm in an Apple store."
Yes to more retro-futurism!

Back