Alien vs. Predator - Timeline

Oh yeah, BTW @Pro Bot, you planning to include any of the novels in the timeline, cause if so, I can get a list of ones that are canon. Not sure if you'd also want any that are novelizations of the movies or whatnot, but if so, lemme know.

exactly, the predator 2018 is my biggest issue with the overall timeline flow and everything looking at least somewhat congruous
To me, I have had this idea that Blade Runner is what 2122 looks like in the Alien series based on the existing statements. Merging them actually retcons quite a bit of lore. Like, the Moon and Mars being colonised in the 1990s if we follow the role-playing game. I'm certain that this comic didn't make those connections by accident though. To be honest, I can reconcile The Predator timeline in my head as long as it doesn't show an existing megacity like Los Angeles looking like our modern day version of it. It'd make me pull my hair out trying to make sense of it all.

Oh yeah, BTW @Pro Bot, you planning to include any of the novels in the timeline, cause if so, I can get a list of ones that are canon. Not sure if you'd also want any that are novelizations of the movies or whatnot, but if so, lemme know.
If I included novels then I'd include basically as many as I possibly could... which includes adaptations of the comics... they only explain that Ripley in Aliens vol. 3 is an android in the novel version which sucks because if you read the canon version of the story you'd have no idea how Ripley is alive in the 2190s. That's a ton of stuff that I'd rather worry about after the comics at least.

I'd also like to cover alternate timelines eventually, such as Alien: The Original Screenplay, Alien 3: The Original Screenplay, and all the crossover comics.

If I included novels then I'd include basically as many as I possibly could... which includes adaptations of the comics... they only explain that Ripley in Aliens vol. 3 is an android in the novel version which sucks because if you read the canon version of the story you'd have no idea how Ripley is alive in the 2190s. That's a ton of stuff that I'd rather worry about after the comics at least.

I'd also like to cover alternate timelines eventually, such as Alien: The Original Screenplay, Alien 3: The Original Screenplay, and all the crossover comics.
Fair enough. And makes sense.

I don't want to include Blade Runner right now (because that has implications), but I want to do a Blade Runner timeline anyway because I like the films.

Plus, Marvel might just throw in another random connection for all we know so the Weyland timeline just gets fucked anyway. I guess the global warming reference in The Predator would be an understatement if Blade Runner was canon (it also contradicts the Weyland timeline - climate change supposedly reversed in 2016). However, London is flooded by 2135 in Predator: Xenogenesis (it has recovered by the 23rd century I think) due to global warming... and I count that as canon.

The Weyland timeline states that hypersleep chambers were invented in the 2020s and FTL travel was invented in the 2030s, which again... contradicts the off-world colonies of Blade Runner.

Latest posts

Back