Alien vs. Predator - Timeline

"I really tried to make an effort as much as I can to respect the canon not only of the movies, but beyond. It's hard because there's contradictions in the same world once you expand to the novels and everything," he recalled.

"Thank god for Xenopedia and things like that, that was always open on my laptop when I was writing to just go and check like, 'What era those androids were created'. If you want to know, the information is there because someone wrote a novel about it."

"It's Ridley's movie, so it's canon. You cannot cherry pick and go, 'I don't like that, I don't like this'. I take everything. Ours is not that. It's more in-line with the first movie. There's a bit of a time jump in some moment which will allow you to go, 'That probably was enough time for the creature to grow'."
Common Fede Álvarez W.

This doesn't actually contradict Aliens because Burke's death was off-screen and they explain what happens afterwards. I suppose it's canon? But it does heavily contradict Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted so that's problematic.

Last edited:
This doesn't actually contradict Aliens because Burke's death was off-screen and they explain what happens afterwards. I suppose it's canon? But it does heavily contradict Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted so that's problematic.
ive personally just put this in its own category like star wars visions, as long as nothing explicitly contradicts existing canon i dont see a problem treating it as such but "on paper" its clearly not meant to imply anything greater

The thing is it explains how Ripley ended up on Fury in Alien³ though. It's showing another perspective on events that are supposedly diverged. It's not very good at being divergent basically.

The thing is it explains how Ripley ended up on Fury in Alien³ though. It's showing another perspective on events that are supposedly diverged. It's not very good at being divergent basically.
ah i see, i actually was waiting for the 5 issues to all be out before i read them all, just looking at the wiki i found this:

• Within the opening pages of issue #1, an alternate timeline of events depicted Burkes ability to escape from the hive in which he had been cocooned when Gorman and Vasquez, trapped within the operations center by a swarm of Xenomorphs, detonated a grenade, killing themselves and the Xenomorphs that surrounded them. The blast being the reason Burke was knocked loose from the hive's resin, allowing him to escape. Though, in the 1986 feature film Aliens, it was stated that the hive was located beneath the atmospheric processing station, miles away from the colony's operations center, where Vasquez and Gorman took their own lives.

Yeah, but I think that's more of a fuck-up than an alternate timeline. There's no way they died at the same time Ripley was coming for Newt. That's impossible regardless of if it was a different timeline or not. As you can see, I've worked around that entirely. I'm assuming the explosion was part of the atmosphere processor meltdown.

1000007540.jpg
Wasn't expecting the planet from Soldier to show up, what the hell? Granted, it got blown up in that movie so it's not connected in a direct timeline sense, but still. It is literally the exact same planet.

I guess this just further shows that Blade Runner is a parallel timeline to AVP, where technology progressed much quicker but the environment was at a much higher risk. We know that the events of Blade Runner played out in the AVP timeline (based on Prometheus extras), just not how we saw it in the film.

Last edited:
1000007542.jpg
He says he's a replicant. The android says he's a replicant, on a planet that originated from a Blade Runner spin-off. Blade Runner references, holy crap. If it wasn't for the fact that Arcadia 234 is apparently completely destroyed, this would be probably the most sufficient proof of a connection.

Last edited:
View attachment 2256
He says he's a Replicant. The Android says he's a replicant, on a planet that originated from a Blade Runner spin-off. Blade Runner references, holy crap. If it wasn't for the fact that Arcadia 234 is apparently completely destroyed, this would be probably the most sufficient proof of a connection.
what comic is this?

I suppose it's similar to how Aliens: Colonial Marines treated the Atmosphere Processor explosion from Aliens. It's downplayed. A planet-wide nuclear bomb and it doesn't actually destroy the planet. It just creates a hugely destructive explosion that eradicated the planet for years. Stupid explanation really, but that's what I'd go with.

It's literally the exact same planet and they're familiar with the term "replicant" in-universe (though it is an android, not a replicant - we see it had white blood in #4). It's silly because there's quite a few notable contradictions between Alien and Blade Runner. Most of the legitimate connections are exaggerated. I think the people behind this comic believed there was a connection though. The Soldier planet is a deep-cut reference. It's not a well-known film to begin with.

Last edited:
The time difference between The Predator (2018) and Blade Runner (2019) reminds me of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1-3 (reboot) taking place a few years before Black Ops 2 in the same universe. There's also a Blade Runner comic set in 2009 showing off-world colonies in 2007. That's a tough thing to reconcile with the Weyland timeline.

The time difference between The Predator (2018) and Blade Runner (2019) reminds me of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1-3 (reboot) taking place a few years before Black Ops 2 in the same universe. There's also a Blade Runner comic set in 2009 showing off-world colonies in 2007. That's a tough thing to reconcile with the Weyland timeline.
exactly, the predator 2018 is my biggest issue with the overall timeline flow and everything looking at least somewhat congruous

Latest posts

Back