Alien vs. Predator - Timeline

Oh yeah, BTW @Pro Bot, you planning to include any of the novels in the timeline, cause if so, I can get a list of ones that are canon. Not sure if you'd also want any that are novelizations of the movies or whatnot, but if so, lemme know.

exactly, the predator 2018 is my biggest issue with the overall timeline flow and everything looking at least somewhat congruous
To me, I have had this idea that Blade Runner is what 2122 looks like in the Alien series based on the existing statements. Merging them actually retcons quite a bit of lore. Like, the Moon and Mars being colonised in the 1990s if we follow the role-playing game. I'm certain that this comic didn't make those connections by accident though. To be honest, I can reconcile The Predator timeline in my head as long as it doesn't show an existing megacity like Los Angeles looking like our modern day version of it. It'd make me pull my hair out trying to make sense of it all.

Oh yeah, BTW @Pro Bot, you planning to include any of the novels in the timeline, cause if so, I can get a list of ones that are canon. Not sure if you'd also want any that are novelizations of the movies or whatnot, but if so, lemme know.
If I included novels then I'd include basically as many as I possibly could... which includes adaptations of the comics... they only explain that Ripley in Aliens vol. 3 is an android in the novel version which sucks because if you read the canon version of the story you'd have no idea how Ripley is alive in the 2190s. That's a ton of stuff that I'd rather worry about after the comics at least.

I'd also like to cover alternate timelines eventually, such as Alien: The Original Screenplay, Alien 3: The Original Screenplay, and all the crossover comics.

If I included novels then I'd include basically as many as I possibly could... which includes adaptations of the comics... they only explain that Ripley in Aliens vol. 3 is an android in the novel version which sucks because if you read the canon version of the story you'd have no idea how Ripley is alive in the 2190s. That's a ton of stuff that I'd rather worry about after the comics at least.

I'd also like to cover alternate timelines eventually, such as Alien: The Original Screenplay, Alien 3: The Original Screenplay, and all the crossover comics.
Fair enough. And makes sense.

I don't want to include Blade Runner right now (because that has implications), but I want to do a Blade Runner timeline anyway because I like the films.

Plus, Marvel might just throw in another random connection for all we know so the Weyland timeline just gets fucked anyway. I guess the global warming reference in The Predator would be an understatement if Blade Runner was canon (it also contradicts the Weyland timeline - climate change supposedly reversed in 2016). However, London is flooded by 2135 in Predator: Xenogenesis (it has recovered by the 23rd century I think) due to global warming... and I count that as canon.

The Weyland timeline states that hypersleep chambers were invented in the 2020s and FTL travel was invented in the 2030s, which again... contradicts the off-world colonies of Blade Runner.

Blade Runner Connections List
1. The PURGE screen from Alien was reused in Blade Runner to save time. The screen was reused in the video games Alien: Isolation and Blade Runner: Revelations.
View attachment 2290
View attachment 2291
View attachment 2294

2. Ridley Scott implies that the world of Blade Runner and Alien are connected "in a way".

3. As part of the 20th Anniversary Edition "Alien" DVD in 1999, a DVD extra titled "Nostromo Dossier" shows extended profiles for the crew that were seen in the background during Aliens. Dallas is shown to have once worked for the Tyrell Corporation from Blade Runner. However, the Tyrell Corporation would have been defunct by the time Dallas was born, becoming part of the Wallace Corporation. It is possible that it resurfaced after Blade Runner 2049, like Weyland-Yutani did after the Walmart buyout.
View attachment 2296

4. Ridley Scott remarks on the director's commentary for Blade Runner that they could be connected. "There's almost like a connective tissue between all the stuff I went through on 'Alien' into the environment of the Nostromo and people living within close proximity to people who still have Earth-bound connections and here we have people on Earth, so almost this world could easily be the city that supports the crew that go out in Alien. So, in other words, when the crew of Alien come back in, they might go into this place and go into a bar off the street near where Deckard lives. That's how I thought about it."

5. In Soldier, Todd's weapons training record lists the "USMC Smartgun" and "M41A pulse rifle" from Alien, although it also references things that it isn't in-continuity with as well, like Star Trek and Star Wars.

6. Soldier establishes that the United States Colonial Marines Corps exist and fought in various battles including the Tanhauser Gate conflict mentioned in the original Blade Runner. However, they did not exist in the Alien Universe until 2101.

7. There was an idea to have the Weyland and Tyrell corporations be merged in Prometheus, and have a bodyguard with a name referencing Roy Batty. "There's one idea that I'm very sad that we didn't do. Ridley, one day, came in and said, "You know, I'm thinking what if it's the Weyland-Tyrell Corporation? Is that cool? Maybe the bodyguards, you know, that come out with Weyland, maybe one of them says Batty on his uniform. And we're like "Awesome! Do it, do it!"
View attachment 2295

8. In Peter Weyland's 2023 TED Talk, he remarks that it is illegal to create robots indistinguishable from humans. In Blade Runner, replicants were declared illegal after a NEXUS 6 mutiny in an off-world colony. Technically replicants aren't robots, but the point stands.

9. A blu-ray extra for Prometheus suggested that Tyrell was Weyland's mentor.
View attachment 2287
However, the writer of this text downplayed the connection, indicating that it was intended as an easter egg, with the Blade Runner connection technically not being officially established.

10. In Aliens: What If...?, Arcadia 234 from Soldier appears, despite its apparent destruction 143 years prior. The android throughout the story, who was recovered from said planet, is referred to as a replicant on several occasions. He does have white blood however, suggesting he is not literally a replicant. The term replicant is still a known in-universe term.
View attachment 2288
View attachment 2289
View attachment 2297
View attachment 2298

11. Origami unicorns can be spotted throughout Alien: Isolation as a callback to Blade Runner.
Added images so that you can see it laid out properly.

Last edited:
Cullen Yutani (from AVPR) was in The Predator. She's in the credits as "tracking supervisor"... but no one has apparently spotted her and pointed it out. I can't see her in the ending which is where I would assume she would have shown up.

Her speaking lines were cut, probably alongside the time travelling Ripley/Newt bullshit that they wanted to use.

Also, I included Blade Runner. It is what it is at this point, I've kind of just accepted it. The Weyland timeline is contradicted by The Predator and various comics, so what stops Blade Runner from counting?

Ridley Scott's comment in the 1980s actually supports the connection when you think about it, because he's saying that what's going on in space during Alien is much more advanced than during Blade Runner, which is set 100 years earlier. He's aware of the timeline when acknowledging a link. The other comment I felt was more of a throwaway (the one on The Final Cut commentary), but then the fact he suggested a direct crossover link in Prometheus shows that it's serious. Even with those memos from Weyland being denounced, it is still in the officially released blu-ray. Peter Weyland still wrote about his mentor (Tyrell) who created artificial humans with implanted memories (replicants) and overlooks a city of angels (Los Angeles), whose ambition literally blew up in his face (Roy Batty) - regardless of the intentions, all that is official in-universe. Not to mention, now we have replicants and a fictional planet from a Blade Runner spin-off adding on to the mix. Blade Runner is owned by Warner Brothers, not Disney/Fox. We could either get more very loose connections in the future or huge contradictions.

I'm not one to look at props and go "hey, see? It's canon!" because then you'd go around saying that Hellboy and Constantine are the same universe because of the Spear of Destiny. Because there's a lot of head-canon "let's connect everything!" people around, I want to make it clear that only Blade Runner gets this treatment. It can be removed just as easily if there's a universe-breaking plothole. The connections outnumber the plotholes, which only come from one source that is already partially overwritten by an official Predator film.

The only other thing that might fit (other than Outland, but I think that was just a huge aesthetic choice... though I've read the Alien RPG takes inspiration from it for lore) would be Underwater. It absolutely is not canon and I won't make a case for it, but the film went out of its way to use the Weyland logo on a piece of clothing - and I mean the Weyland logo from 2012-2099, because the film is set in 2050. But, even if there prop matches the timeline, it is just a prop. It's just as canon as Firefly at that point, and I definitely will not argue Firefly is canon.

Last edited:
Cullen Yutani (from AVPR) was in The Predator. She's in the credits as "tracking supervisor"... but no one has apparently spotted her and pointed it out. I can't see her in the ending which is where I would assume she would have shown up.

Her speaking lines were cut, probably alongside the time travelling Ripley/Newt bullshit that they wanted to use.

Also, I included Blade Runner. It is what it is at this point, I've kind of just accepted it. The Weyland timeline is contradicted by The Predator and various comics, so what stops Blade Runner from counting?

Ridley Scott's comment in the 1980s actually supports the connection when you think about it, because he's saying that what's going on in space during Alien is much more advanced than during Blade Runner, which is set 100 years earlier. He's aware of the timeline when acknowledging a link. The other comment I felt was more of a throwaway (the one on The Final Cut commentary), but then the fact he suggested a direct crossover link in Prometheus shows that it's serious. Even with those memos from Weyland being denounced, it is still in the officially released blu-ray. Peter Weyland still wrote about his mentor (Tyrell) who created artificial humans with implanted memories (replicants) and overlooks a city of angels (Los Angeles), whose ambition literally blew up in his face (Roy Batty) - regardless of the intentions, all that is official in-universe. Not to mention, now we have replicants and a fictional planet from a Blade Runner spin-off adding on to the mix. Blade Runner is owned by Warner Brothers, not Disney/Fox. We could either get more very loose connections in the future or huge contradictions.

I'm not one to look at props and go "hey, see? It's canon!" because then you'd go around saying that Hellboy and Constantine are the same universe because of the Spear of Destiny. Because there's a lot of head-canon "let's connect everything!" people around, I want to make it clear that only Blade Runner gets this treatment. It can be removed just as easily if there's a universe-breaking plothole. The connections outnumber the plotholes, which only come from one source that is already partially overwritten by an official Predator film.

The only other thing that might fit (other than Outland, but I think that was just a huge aesthetic choice... though I've read the Alien RPG takes inspiration from it for lore) would be Underwater. It absolutely is not canon and I won't make a case for it, but the film went out of its way to use the Weyland logo on a piece of clothing - and I mean the Weyland logo from 2012-2099, because the film is set in 2050. But, even if there prop matches the timeline, it is just a prop. It's just as canon as Firefly at that point, and I definitely will not argue Firefly is canon.
Talking about connections, we have the Buffyverse, Death Race, V, Red Dwarf, Tge Expanse all connect to this via Easter Eggs and shit

Talking about connections, we have the Buffyverse, Death Race, V, Red Dwarf, Tge Expanse all connect to this via Easter Eggs and shit
that is only with proops like @Pro Bot stated.

I didn't read the alien crossover as it's set during season 8 or 9 and i'm in season 5.

For the ester egg, the Wayland logo appears in the mid episodes of Angel season 1, which are set in 1999 or 2000. so idk how this affects everything. But they are still props which can't say they are fully canon.

If u wanna to connect them the most probable and only way u can have is that all the crossovers works as the image comics universe, and so The Alien vs. Predator Universe has a variant of Buffy, Batman, Superman, Wolverine etc...

Actually, some more games that was also missed (sorted in order of release, with notes [and I apologise in advance for the amount of links present]):
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_vs_Predator:_The_Last_of_His_Clan (Confirmed year of 2593)
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_vs._Predator_(1994_arcade_game) (presumably concurrent with Aliens: Outbreak [2192] as the San Drad incident likely resembles the Xenomorph infestation that occurs in the comics)
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens:_A_Comic_Book_Adventure (Confirmed year of 2158)
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens:_Extermination (said to be years after the events of Aliens)
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens:_Infestation (seems to be similar in plot to Aliens: Colonial Marines, with some differences)
https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien:_Rogue_Incursion (apparently set between Alien and Aliens)

Latest posts

Back