Marvel's Earth-616 Timeline

Why is Strange's origin a fixed point again?
He was stated to be Born in 1930 in the encyclopedia, then in the comics was stated to become a surgeon in 1960 and that he became a Doctor sometime before the fantastic four origin. So before the sliding timeline.

Daredevil's origin is stated as 1950 (Matt is 8 years old). Obviously the sliding pushes these events forward in time, but in 1964 this was the canon date. Hmm... I wonder if thus should incorporate a backwards sliding timeline too? Like, you have 1950 (fixed point) the you have sliding timeline negative years. So, Daredevil's origin would be "Year -13", I guess.
Talking about this in Deep we got a pretty Solid answer. Galactus stated that what begun the sliding timeline was the FF origin (not debut) so the event should be fixed in time. Anyway I Will go Deep with this, when we get to Daredevil #1.

If I recall correctly, in the first The Amazing Spider-Man Annual (The first appearance of the Sinister Six) Dr. Strange (and other heroes in other pages) makes a cameo that is literally just him walking (OK, levitating) across the street, with a caption promoting his own comics. If Strange's origin is fixed in time (1963) but he makes crossovers with characters as early as Year 2 (Or earlier, if he has an earlier crossover) that means that

1-Only his origin is in 1963 and for 60 years until Year 1 nothing of importance happens in his life

2-All of the comics until his first crossover are fixed in time and after that there is a 60 years gap were nothing happens

3-You are going to mix the release order of stories and put standalone stories in release date until an arc were the fact that he is part of the larger Marvel Universe is impossible to ignore and then jump to Year 1/2.

I am curious about what you are going to do.
1) unfortunely that's correct (thanks authors)

2) nope, only his origin, the other comics are set during the modern Age.

3) I explained what I'm gonna do in point 2.

Why is Strange's origin a fixed point again?
I thought that some comic said that to become the Sorcerer Supreme he literally had to defeat Death or something like that, so he became inmortal and canonically has 90+ years. However I haven't read that comic so don't ask were I got that information since I don't remember.

Last edited:
I thought that some comic said that to become the Sorcerer Supreme he literally had to defeat Death or something like that, so he became inmortal and canonically has 90+ years. However I haven't read that comic so don't ask were I got that information since I don't remember.
Well in the far future I should come to Read this One too, so we'll see.

What @Megatron is saying, @ScottishRyzo, is that time is canonically altered in Marvel to always be in the present, but it did happen to 1961 at one point. All these comics are 100% canon as they happened, but only during those specific stories as they happened in their time periods. As time passes, those events become condensed.

See, if Marvel is in 2023 right now, they used to be in 2005, or 1987, or 1961. Those are all canon because the sliding timeline pushes those events FORWARD in time, but they still happened in 1961, 1987 and 2005 when they came out. From the in-universe character's perspective, it's not been that many years BECAUSE reality canonically changes as events get shuffled.
that is literally what i described and what @Megatron is getting objectively wrong by altering the mandated scale of sliding time, the most accurate order is simply a released order with accommodations made for arcs with the scale only existing as a means of indicating the 'true' passage of time

While some may have treated Strange's origin as fixed in the past it is clearly not the case when he was childhood friends with bruce banner, he can only be part of the sliding timeline

oh and Phil Sheldon existing in 616 is literally what i meant by being canonised, but the events of the marvels and its pre-sequels are overtly outside of sliding time with the assumption being that similar events occur in 616. Phil is also in kingdom come but that hardly makes him DC canon

that is literally what i described and what @Megatron is getting objectively wrong by altering the mandated scale of sliding time, the most accurate order is simply a released order with accommodations made for arcs with the scale only existing as a means of indicating the 'true' passage of time

While some may have treated Strange's origin as fixed in the past it is clearly not the case when he was childhood friends with bruce banner, he can only be part of the sliding timeline

oh and Phil Sheldon existing in 616 is literally what i meant by being canonised, but the events of the marvels and its pre-sequels are overtly outside of sliding time with the assumption being that similar events occur in 616. Phil is also in kingdom come but that hardly makes him DC canon
Ehm what @Pro Bot sayed it's what I meant. Also again Marvels Is 100% Canon.

But is that fact of relevance? I mean, why do we assume that being childhood friends with Bruce Banner is canon and being inmortal has been retconned and not the other way around?

Last edited:
@Megatron been having troubles with trying to pick comics that would be good to do placements for. If you have any suggestions for comics I could do placements for (namely from the 1940s to 1970s), I'm more than happy to give those a shot, especially if they're Horror or War (be it WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War etc...) themed.

@Megatron been having troubles with trying to pick comics that would be good to do placements for. If you have any suggestions for comics I could do placements for (namely from the 1940s to 1970s), I'm more than happy to give those a shot, especially if they're Horror or War (be it WW1, WW2, Korean War, Vietnam War etc...) themed.
You could start with the Marvels project and magneto's testament. Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:
Got it. I'll look into those on Monday.
Also Read Marvels Annotated #1 (the other numbers are more my thing, but I suggest to finish the series, it's pretty Good) I Also suggest to you history of the Marvel Universe (2019), With this you should have a lot of dates to then start going into the greater WW2 Timeline While I Will search some horror comics to suggest to you other than Tomb of Dracula and Blade.

So hang on, Norman WASN'T the original Green Goblin? Seems like a cheap plot twist, if anything.

Unrelated, but any luck with suggested horror comics?
Not yet. I'm Still searching. Anyway, could I ask you what your favorite type of horror Is? It Will make me find some comics suited for you easier.

So hang on, Norman WASN'T the original Green Goblin? Seems like a cheap plot twist, if anything.

Unrelated, but any luck with suggested horror comics?
That's what I thought. We're getting this kind of miniseries that are useless, when we should finally get a miniseries that reveals what Spider-man was doing during the coming of Galactus.

Latest posts

Back