Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

I think that they are just promotional videos and therefore non-cannon, similar to the ones that were released for Jessica Jones

Basically the one labeled Stark Expo 2010 is only one that makes it difficult specifically due to the title referring to 2010, while the IM2 film was retconned to 2011 by Fury's Big Week.

Maybe we can assume that was a video from the year before?

That's what I end up doing when I do my big supercut. I always add these in. If I'm not mistaken, there aren't any dates within the video. It's just the title which is easy enough to be ignored. Plus having that '74 video is pretty neat to break up some of the depressing flashback parts in that part of the timeline

That's what I end up doing when I do my big supercut. I always add these in. If I'm not mistaken, there aren't any dates within the video. It's just the title which is easy enough to be ignored. Plus having that '74 video is pretty neat to break up some of the depressing flashback parts in that part of the timeline

I'll add those in next update.

Just a question, from perusing the timeline. Was there anything specifically to date Black Widow Strikes to February and Iron Man 2: Public Identity to May 2009?

Charlie Cox talks Defenders:

"Well, it's been a few months since the end of season 2. I think it's been quite a challenging few months for him. He took the death of Elektra very badly —I think he feels responsible for that. One of Matt's big things is trying to protect the people he loves, which is why he keeps his identity hidden, and he's failed. He's left holding the dead body of a loved one, and so I think he's tried to turn a corner.

It's almost like quitting an addiction in the hope that it will get easier. He's perhaps a little bit lost, and the best he can do for now is to not engage in his vigilante activities. When we meet him at the beginning of The Defenders, I'm not sure he's completely found peace with that idea. I think he's doing the best with what he can at the time. He finds himself between a rock and a hard place, which is the crux of his issue really from the beginning of season 1. 'Should I or shouldn't I? What is more beneficial to society?'"

This seems the be one of those standard "couple or several months later" answers that all the Netflix Marvel actors give in behind the scenes interviews. That said, internal timeline almost always differs and places the seasons more than just a few months later than the previous ones, so I'd advise taking that statement with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
This may be a stupid question, but was there ever a mention in the Doctor Strange film itself that it mostly took place in 2016?

Last edited:
This may be a stupid question, but was there ever a mention in the Doctor Strange film itself that it mostly took place in 2016?

Not a mention as to it occurring in 2016, but the watch dates and award, as Zpdedoda said, all point that way, in combination with the passage of time within the film itself. Once its available on DVD and I can better examine it at home I may be able to nail down better placements... or not.

So that exploding bullet thing on last night's AoS seemed like a missed opportunity to connect to the similar Hammer Tech shell from Luke Cage...I guess it could still be the same, but it would have been nice to make it overt.

TC

So that exploding bullet thing on last night's AoS seemed like a missed opportunity to connect to the similar Hammer Tech shell from Luke Cage...I guess it could still be the same, but it would have been nice to make it overt.

TC

I took it as being the same. Also loved how how they linked Patriot to Captain America

Also loved how how they linked Patriot to Captain America

They didn't though, did they? Talbot says that the Patriot formula is a modified version of Cal's Mr. Hyde formula, a concoction he invented himself.

To add to the Judas Bullet comment, I was so pleasantly surprised to see a Netflix/ABC crossover, even if it was just through technology. I don't think there's many instances of that.

There was the biker gang from DD S3 that originally appeared in AOS S1; that was a pretty nice cross reference. Cybertek is mentioned on a few prominent New York Bulletin covers in DD, and I think AoS had a Bulletin cover in the same style as seen on DD, but not one of the same issues. But I'm still not sure if this counts or not; as it is, it's just an exploding bullet that was being used against an enhanced individual.

And you're right; the Erskine formula was brought up, but quickly dismissed--the Hyde formula is what was used to create the Patriot.

I don't think I like Jeffery Mace just yet, but I do like wanting to like him. I'm hoping that now that his secret is out in the open, he'll turn out to be a real hero and not double back to potential villainhood like Radcliffe has.

TC

They didn't though, did they? Talbot says that the Patriot formula is a modified version of Cal's Mr. Hyde formula, a concoction he invented himself.

The connection isn't the formula, the connection is that the President asked Talbot to create "the new Captain America", because the old one is currently a fugitive and not using that name.

I am back! :v

So... how are you planning to deal with the April 17, 2017 date in episode 11 eh? (Mack's daughter died eleven years ago and she was born in April 18, 2006. And the day after that would have been her birthday) It is better the way our timeline goes with Civil War main events in June, it is more easier to move from there that with having the 6 MONTHS Later in October.... However this is my suggestion for you guys:

*April 14: Civil War end events
* Late April: Emancipation, Absolution and Ascension.
*6 months later: very late October could say the 5 final days
** Slingshot takes place and the 6 months later scene.
*They say that they have been 6 weeks on the air. Could you move that to mid December: The Ghost, Meet the New Boss and Uprising.
*A possible time jump of one month between episode 3 and 4... It has to be one if you want to match with April 17, 2017. So in late-January 2017: Episode 4
*To late January happens: Lockup and the Good Samaritan and possibly Deals With Our Devils but you can put it in Early february.
*3 months after Morrow appears and is defeated on April 12, 2017...

So... how are you planning to deal with the April 17, 2017 date in episode 11 eh? (Mack's daughter died eleven years ago and she was born in April 18, 2006. And the day after that would have been her birthday) It is better the way our timeline goes with Civil War main events in June, it is more easier to move from there that with having the 6 MONTHS Later in October.... However this is my suggestion for you guys:

*They say that they have been 6 weeks on the air. Could you move that to mid December: The Ghost, Meet the New Boss and Uprising.
*A possible time jump of one month between episode 3 and 4... It has to be one if you want to match with April 17, 2017. So in late-January 2017: Episode 4
*To late January happens: Lockup and the Good Samaritan and possibly Deals With Our Devils but you can put it in Early february.

Easy. I just move the more recent episodes up a few months. But placing 4x01 and onward in Dec is viable too.

Last edited:

Where are you getting those hard dates from? Maybe I missed it but I saw no dates listed in the episode itself.

Latest posts

Back