HALF-LIFE/PORTAL TIMELINE

Elaborating in what I said earlier. In DOOM Eternal in the Doom Slayer's Fortress of Doom, there is a book case with lots of books with wordplays on Doom, Slayer, Argenta, Rip and Tear, etc. I am not counting that because they are obviously references to books, but it doesn't imply anything about the universe those books take place.
However, there are numerous books that seem to reference in-universe things from different games, mostly FPS. So maybe the Doom Slayer has traveled to those universes? Even if only just to grab a book

There are 2 books that I would not count and are:

-"Why I'm So Great Pt. II" by Dork Norkem - Seems to be the second part to "Why I'm So Great" by Duke Nukem, but as you can see it is written by "Dork Norkem" instead of Duke Nukem.

-"RET-CONNED: The Life and Times of Flynn Taggart" - Makes reference to "Flynn Taggart, the canonical name of the Doom Guy in the old Doom novels. However these novels can't be canon, since they show a backstory and an adaptation of the plot of Doom I/II incompatible with the rest of things, were there is no Hell and demons are zombified humans, like in the first Doom movie. Also usually is accepted that the Doom Guy is just B.J. Blazcowicz III, descendant of Wolfenstein's B.J. Blazcowicz, not "Flynn Taggart".("FLYNNTAGGART" is also the password that unlocks DOOM II in the Doom Slayer's computer, but I am going to guess that is just a reference, since the canonical existence of Doom and Doom II as video games in the Doom universe raises a few questions).

The rest of the books perfectly sound as something the Doom Slayer could have gotten if he traveled to alternate universes in a short of FPS Mega/Multiverse:

-"My Buddy Superfly" by Hiro Miyamoto - Written by Daikatana main character

-"Devilish Daggers & Other Assorted Pointy Objects" - Devil Daggers is a retro indie shooter inspired by Doom

-"LIANDRI - A Brief History of Interplanetary Industry" - The tournment in Unreal Tournament is organized by the Liandri Mining Corporation.

-"Von Braun - Onboard AI System Technical Manual:" The Von Braun is the spaceship in which System Shock 2 starts.

-"Mesa Science Monthly - Predicting Unforeseen Consequences" - It would be more direct if it was "Black Mesa Monthly" but you get the reference.

-"U-NAT-CO Training Manual: Bomb Defusal" - The UNATCO (But without the "-"s is the organization the Deux Ex main character starts working.

-"The Spear of Destiny: A Post-War Deconstruction" - Reference to Spear of Destiny

-"Living With Rage - and Other Common Emotions in the Apocalyptic Wasteland" - Reference to Rage

-"THE STROGG: A Transdimensional Field Study" - The Strong are the villains of Quake II/4

-"From Nopefish to Dopefish: The Dope Tale" - Reference to Commander Keen

-"Tei Tenga - Offworld Travel Guide" - Reference to the initial setting of Doom during development

-"Cooking from Hell's Kitchen - Thy Flesh Consumed" - Reference to DOOM itself.

-"2 Prey or Not 2 Prey" - Reference to Prey (2006) and it's delayed sequel that eventually transformed into Prey (2017)

-"Vault Dweller's Survival Guide - Preparing Yourself and Your Loved Ones For the Inevitable Nuclear Apocalypse", "Nuka-Cola - A History from the Atomic Age of Flavor" and "Mr. Fuzzy and Teddy Fear" - References to the Fallout Universe

There is also an skateboard in reference to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 were he was an unlockable character, but it is not his board from that game it seems. It would be cool if he would have been in the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Universe, since that universe could actually be Marvel's Earth-20824, not only for Spider-Man's appearance in THPS 2, but because that cameo is reference back in the Spider-Man games: In the PS1's Spider-Man video game there are billboards of THPS2 and when approached Spidey says "Tony Hawk! Hey, I skated with that guy!"

Last edited:
Elaborating in what I said earlier. In DOOM Eternal in the Doom Slayer's Fortress of Doom, there is a book case with lots of books with wordplays on Doom, Slayer, Argenta, Rip and Tear, etc. I am not counting that because they are obviously references to books, but it doesn't imply anything about the universe those books take place.
However, there are numerous books that seem to reference in-universe things from different games, mostly FPS. So maybe the Doom Slayer has traveled to those universes? Even if only just to grab a book

There are 2 books that I would not count and are:

-"Why I'm So Great Pt. II" by Dork Norkem - Seems to be the second part to "Why I'm So Great" by Duke Nukem, but as you can see it is written by "Dork Norkem" instead of Duke Nukem.

-"RET-CONNED: The Life and Times of Flynn Taggart" - Makes reference to "Flynn Taggart, the canonical name of the Doom Guy in the old Doom novels. However these novels can't be canon, since they show a backstory and an adaptation of the plot of Doom I/II incompatible with the rest of things, were there is no Hell and demons are zombified humans, like in the first Doom movie. Also usually is accepted that the Doom Guy is just B.J. Blazcowicz III, descendant of Wolfenstein's B.J. Blazcowicz, not "Flynn Taggart".("FLYNNTAGGART" is also the password that unlocks DOOM II in the Doom Slayer's computer, but I am going to guess that is just a reference, since the canonical existence of Doom and Doom II as video games in the Doom universe raises a few questions).

The rest of the books perfectly sound as something the Doom Slayer could have gotten if he traveled to alternate universes in a short of FPS Mega/Multiverse:

-"My Buddy Superfly" by Hiro Miyamoto - Written by Daikatana main character

-"Devilish Daggers & Other Assorted Pointy Objects" - Devil Daggers is a retro indie shooter inspired by Doom

-"LIANDRI - A Brief History of Interplanetary Industry" - The tournment in Unreal Tournament is organized by the Liandri Mining Corporation.

-"Von Braun - Onboard AI System Technical Manual:" The Von Braun is the spaceship in which System Shock 2 starts.

-"Mesa Science Monthly - Predicting Unforeseen Consequences" - It would be more direct if it was "Black Mesa Monthly" but you get the reference.

-"U-NAT-CO Training Manual: Bomb Defusal" - The UNATCO (But without the "-"s is the organization the Deux Ex main character starts working.

-"The Spear of Destiny: A Post-War Deconstruction" - Reference to Spear of Destiny

-"Living With Rage - and Other Common Emotions in the Apocalyptic Wasteland" - Reference to Rage

-"THE STROGG: A Transdimensional Field Study" - The Strong are the villains of Quake II/4

-"From Nopefish to Dopefish: The Dope Tale" - Reference to Commander Keen

-"Tei Tenga - Offworld Travel Guide" - Reference to the initial setting of Doom during development

-"Cooking from Hell's Kitchen - Thy Flesh Consumed" - Reference to DOOM itself.

-"2 Prey or Not 2 Prey" - Reference to Prey (2006) and it's delayed sequel that eventually transformed into Prey (2017)

-"Vault Dweller's Survival Guide - Preparing Yourself and Your Loved Ones For the Inevitable Nuclear Apocalypse", "Nuka-Cola - A History from the Atomic Age of Flavor" and "Mr. Fuzzy and Teddy Fear" - References to the Fallout Universe

There is also an skateboard in reference to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 were he was an unlockable character, but it is not his board from that game it seems. It would be cool if he would have been in the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Universe, since that universe could actually be Marvel's Earth-20824, not only for Spider-Man's appearance in THPS 2, but because that cameo is reference back in the Spider-Man games: In the PS1's Spider-Man video game there are billboards of THPS2 and when approached Spidey says "Tony Hawk! Hey, I skated with that guy!"
but when the Doom slayer would ever go into these dimensions?

Between DOOM 64 and DOOM (2016) He was find by the sentinels of...Sentinel Prime (funny that I'm the one to say this name hehe), then become the slayer and acted as an agent, then he become a god, then was reclused in hell, then he was put in stasis in hell, then he awekened and started DOOM (2016), between DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal, he was in the Quake Champions tournament, so the best we can say, is that we didin't saw all of the Quake Champions fighter in the tournament, and someone where defeated off-screen, like Gordon Freeman.

but when the Doom slayer would ever go into these dimensions?

Between DOOM 64 and DOOM (2016) He was find by the sentinels of...Sentinel Prime (funny that I'm the one to say this name hehe), then become the slayer and acted as an agent, then he become a god, then was reclused in hell, then he was put in stasis in hell, then he awekened and started DOOM (2016), between DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal, he was in the Quake Champions tournament, so the best we can say, is that we didin't saw all of the Quake Champions fighter in the tournament, and someone where defeated off-screen, like Gordon Freeman.
That's also something I thought. I guess they are meaningless references. Honestly I haven't really understood what is going on with Quake Champions. People just keep repeating that he was in Quake Champions between DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal, and that is why people reference that he left. But I have two questions because of that:
1- I have to confess I haven't finished DOOM (2016). I am in the process of playing all of the games in that shared universe(s) (DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein, etc.). But isn't the DOOM Slayer keep outside of the Demon-Earth conflict because Samuel Hayden did something? Don't explain it to me, I want to see it, just say yes or no.
2-Shouldn't the DOOM Slayer be returned in any case to the moment he left? B.J. from the Wolfenstein Reboot was also taken into the arena, but doesn't have a disappearance that anybody noticed, not even himself.

That's also something I thought. I guess they are meaningless references. Honestly I haven't really understood what is going on with Quake Champions. People just keep repeating that he was in Quake Champions between DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal, and that is why people reference that he left. But I have two questions because of that:
1- I have to confess I haven't finished DOOM (2016). I am in the process of playing all of the games in that shared universe(s) (DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein, etc.). But isn't the DOOM Slayer keep outside of the Demon-Earth conflict because Samuel Hayden did something? Don't explain it to me, I want to see it, just say yes or no.
2-Shouldn't the DOOM Slayer be returned in any case to the moment he left? B.J. from the Wolfenstein Reboot was also taken into the arena, but doesn't have a disappearance that anybody noticed, not even himself.
Both yes.

Latest posts

Back