Games you want to see made?

Weird, when I saw this thread just now, I thought to myself that I wanted a Transformers game that doesn't suck.

Spook Mole. Spooky.

Weird, when I saw this thread just now, I thought to myself that I wanted a Transformers game that doesn't suck.

Spook Mole. Spooky.

you saying my one will suck or i read your mind? :lol:

Amazing graphics.

Is this sarcastic?

If not all DBZ pictures came from the opening videos of budokai tenkaichi games. the red portal = an Oblivion gate , the game screen shot = Bid for power , quake mode. and create a person was just a random shot i found online :lol:

but if you wern't then glad you liked it.

I was being serious.

Ah , then cool. Ironically like I mentioned they came from budokai tenkaichi opening on ps2! makes a believable 360 game though I thought.

Some more RPGs along the lines of the old Saturn rendition of Magic Knight Rayearth.

A DC v Marvel game along the lines of the Capcom 2D fighters.

a Mortal Kombat game developed by the team that makes Soul Calibur

a Wii Vectorman game: i have a bunch of ideas for this but i don't know how to describe it without sounding like a 3rd person metroid

I want to see a new Metroid game, a 3D side scroller (or 2.5D, whatever the term is for a 2D game with sharp 3D graphics), with gameplay and tone very reminiscent of Super Metroid. Perhaps a new game in the Prime sub-series, but as I said, a 2D, classic gameplay approach with modern, polished graphics. It would probably work best on the handhelds, ideally the DS. The regular controls can be used, the stylus for aiming and firing--much like in Metroid Prime - Hunters, but in 2D...just tap where the enemy is and Samus shoots in that direction...as long as there are no walls blocking the way, she'll hit her targets. I'd like to see the story continue either after Metroid Prime 3 and before Metroid II - Return of Samus, or after Metroid IV - Metroid Fusion, and have it essentially act as Metroid V.

The chances of another Metroid game are good. Prime 3 just came out, so another major Metroid release for the Wii is probably at least another 2-3 years off. However, a well thought out, faithful to the originals type 2D handheld title could be out as early as next year. There have been rumors about another Metroid game set after Fusion, called Metroid Dread, alleged to be out for te DS. It was debunked as a rumor, then verified again, then debunked again. Hopefully a great 2D Metroid for the DS will become a reality before another 3D FPS.

YES.

I actually like 2D Metroid more than Prime and I'd buy a 3D Metroid side-scroller for the DS in a second.

TCYGame.jpg

Oh wait, this is going to be made.

Last edited:
I'd love a 3D, 3rd person shooter of Metroid. I've never been a fan of FPSs

Some of my favourite games are FPSs(the Halo series, the TimeSplitters series, etc) and I'm very comfortable with the genre, but the fact that Metroid Prime was done in first-person was just about the sole reason I never got into it. It was an adventure game, and I have no idea why they didn't make it in third-person. It was just so awkward for me to try and play that type of game in FP-mode.

YES.

I actually like 2D Metroid more than Prime and I'd buy a 3D Metroid side-scroller for the DS in a second.

Exactly.

Thats three of us. I don't mind FPSs, but in terms of Metroid, the 2D side scrollers were not only the classics, but the best. Super Metroid is still, almost 15 years after its release, considered one of the best games of all time for a reason. I must've played that Super NES cartridge for thousands of hours, beating the game over and over, exploring, etc.

If they could make a game half as good for the DS, I would be mucho happy.

Planet-Man said:
Some of my favourite games are FPSs(the Halo series, the TimeSplitters series, etc) and I'm very comfortable with the genre, but the fact that Metroid Prime was done in first-person was just about the sole reason I never got into it. It was an adventure game, and I have no idea why they didn't make it in third-person. It was just so awkward for me to try and play that type of game in FP-mode.

I thought the Prime games did a more than admirable job of translating what was important about the 2D Metroid games into 3D. I have no complaints, other than they're not 2D, classic Metroid games. As I said, ideally I'd like to see an alternating release shedule for Metroid games: a 2D for the DS one year, a 3D for the Wii the next year, year break, another 2D for the DS, another 3D for the Wii, etc. Have two separate series (one 3D - the Prime games, one 2D - the Classic series) releasing alternately. One handheld 2D every three years, one 3D every three years. I'd like to see a more regular release schedule for the Metroid games while still retaining the high levels of quality and fun the series is known for. I guess a business model like Konami's Castlevania series would work well. For the most part the Castlevania games released in the past decade have been consistently fun to play and generally fantastic games. If that were to apply to the Metroid series, I know we'd be sure to see Samus for years to come.

Latest posts

Back