Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer discussion (spoilers!)

No he doesn't lose his powers. But the Surfer makes his wounds disappears. When he has his make welded off it's all... bla. But with his encounter with the surfer, makes him look human again. But he still has his powers.
I'm getting really annoyed with how much crap is done for the sake of letting the actors show their faces in these movies.

It feels like such a blatant act of courtesy to Michael Chiklis to give him at least one scene in this movie where he isn't wearing the suit, and now it's pretty damn obvious that Julian McMahon being flesh and bone is a similar schtick.

I can understand if they're afraid to that audiences will forget who they are when their faces lost under 90+ minutes of being all make up and prosthetics --- since everybody's trying to avoid being Ron Perlman or Kevin Peter Hall.

I liked this movie, way better than Spider-Man 3, and Galactus didn't suck as much as I thought he would. I thought the acting was good, not great but good enough. A definite step up from the original.

They could have beat up the cloud with a giant fan

But there's no air to blow in space!

Downloaded this and watched it.

After reading what people said I thought "Oh this could be good" However I'm with Sacred&Profane this film horrible. It suffered the same mistakes as first film from a terrible Doom to really bad acting.

Then they add more B.S. Ok first the Galactus thing - if he was IN the cloud or was the cloud the cloud. There was just no reason for it. With today's technology they could do it and do it well BUT nooooo they took the cheap easy way out.

The switching powers stuff was lame and made me cringe I almost decided to turn it off then and there but I stuck with it. Also Sacred&Profane had a great point

why isn't anyone who complained about the Peter dance scene in SM3 mentioning the Mr. Fantastic scene in this one?
besides the obvious "Lets hate that scene beacuse it was in Spider-man 3" Disappointed guys.

Also like Ourchair said about doom looking human again , It's lame and never should of happened. I could go in to more detail on this film but I'll just say this "The silver surfer was done well. The rest fantasti-sucked"

This could possibly of sucked as much as Batman and robin. I give it 1.5 out of 10

Sorry Mole and Profane. We tried to have Niko and Venom in it.

It's 'Nico,' silly boy. And shoe-horning Nico in wouldn't have helped this at all.
I can't see any reason to be forgiving to this movie. Perhaps the experience of seeing it with all your fellow UCers made it seem better?

The positive reaction to this film shakes my brain.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. She'd be too busy being a slutty McSlutslut trying to be with all the guys.

I fail to see how your baseless comments have anything to do with the crapfest that was Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
Get back on topic. Now.
:D

Sorry Mole and Profane. We tried to have Niko and Venom in it.

Thank god venom wasn't in it. If he was they probably would of made him something like a shoe ..... but hey its cool beacuse venom is secretly in the shoe and it helps build for next movie :lol:

Get back on topic. Now.
:D

:lol: Oh no he didn't *snaps fingers*

Last edited:
With an estimated box office result of $57,400,000 the Tim Story directed Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer easily takes over this weekend's box office and also sails beyond the opening weekend result of its predecessor.

I'm getting really annoyed with how much crap is done for the sake of letting the actors show their faces in these movies.

It feels like such a blatant act of courtesy to Michael Chiklis to give him at least one scene in this movie where he isn't wearing the suit, and now it's pretty damn obvious that Julian McMahon being flesh and bone is a similar schtick.

I can understand if they're afraid to that audiences will forget who they are when their faces lost under 90+ minutes of being all make up and prosthetics --- since everybody's trying to avoid being Ron Perlman or Kevin Peter Hall.

You forgot the three to four seconds he was helping Johnny take out Doom with the wrecking crane, towards the end of the movie. But yeah I kind of feel the same way.

I saw this the other night and I pretty much got the same enjoyment out of it as I did from the first one (which I quite like). It was just a good, fun, wholesome film. Obviously it had pretty big flaws. My biggest problem with it was probably the sub-par CGI. There was one shot of Saturn that pretty much just looked like something from a video game. Reed's stretching wasn't much to look at either. Another problem was just the over-the-top product placement. It got to a point in the film where it was so bad that it seemed as though they didn't even care anymore (specifically the 'new uniform' joke and the Dodge Fantasticar). Dr. Doom just seemed like a fun waste of time. Not much of a reason for him to be there, but it was nice viewing all the same. Besides, I quite like Mc Mahon as 'Electro-Doom' and having him out-of-costume for a lot of the film sort of worked for the character.

The highlight of this film (like the last one) was indeed Chris Evans as Johnny Storm. Once again, he proved that superheroes don't have to be troubled, geeky teens and that they can quite happily function as pompous celebrities and I had a great time watching him.

This line was a classic: "The Surfer is the only one who can stop the destroyer...BUT HE NEEDS HIS BOARD!"

Probably the funniest line in a Marvel movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Galactus, Destroyer of Worlds!

Galactus.jpg

by the way will you guys stop watching bootlegs of MVL flicks. as a shareholder im really pissed

My biggest problem with it was probably the sub-par CGI. There was one shot of Saturn that pretty much just looked like something from a video game. Reed's stretching wasn't much to look at either. Another problem was just the over-the-top product placement. It got to a point in the film where it was so bad that it seemed as though they didn't even care anymore (specifically the 'new uniform' joke and the Dodge Fantasticar).

Honestly the only things that really bothered me, were Reed's regular clothes stretching with him, and Dodge being all over the Fantasticar.

Latest posts

Back