Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer discussion (spoilers!)

Different Company???? What have you been huffin'???
Obviously the only news you read are the previews you post. :wink:

See here.

Speaking of Story, he's interviewed at Superhero Hype and talked about who you won't see in the franchise. "Universal has the Sub-Mariner," Story said, "and of course, there's a big story in the 'Fan Four' with Namor, and unfortunately, we won't be able to use that character, because Universal does have it and are planning a movie to it. Every now and then, you get lucky because the other properties, because they were splitting them up so much, we really lucked out that the Silver Surfer was still at Fox. It was like one of those 'Thank God it happened!'"

Check and mate.

Last edited:
Obviously the only news you read are the previews you post. :wink:

See here.

Check and mate.

Thanks on the info.

So, I not on here twenty four/seven and I'm not a mod so I don't have to read everybody's posts... To honest I haven't really have had all that much time to read up on all the movie news. I barely cought a glimps of the Speed Racer car and the Batcycle.

I have to find a second job because my hours suck and I need to keep my Ins. cause I really don't want to pay Cobra agian. I just heard they increased its monthly payments a whole 100 dollars, its like $400.00 bucks a month now.

Last edited:
Thanks on the info.

So, I not on here twenty four/seven and I'm not a mod so I don't have to read everybody's posts... To honest I haven't really have had all that much time to read up on all the movie news. I barely cought a glimps of the Speed Racer car and the Batcycle.
Relax dude, no one meant anything against you here.

Thanks on the info.

I have to find a second job because my hours suck and I need to keep my Ins. cause I really don't want to pay Cobra agian. I just heard they increased its monthly payments a whole 100 dollars, its like $400.00 bucks a month now.

I love how you make up excuses. Just say you didn't know like anyone else would.

101_3492.jpg

The last frame's dialog is: "What was that?!" "Syphalis."

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing it. Really lived up to its name. Fantastic, and about four people and a silver guy on a surfboard. Who rose.

It was brilliant to see Doom as he should have been in the first film, looks wise anyway. Would have geeked out if he referred to himself in the third person just once..preferably "Doom does not make mistakes.." a la UFF: Frightful...lol.

Plenty of nods to the comics, such as the Stan Lee being turned away from the wedding scene, the "Quarterback coming to the nerd and asking for his help" speech that Reed makes that was lifted from Ultimate Extinction, and Johnny Superskrull.

Loved to have seen Johnny say the Fantasti-car line from UFF though when he saw it... "Dude, that fantasti-sucks..."

Galactus was definately inside the cloud, no doubt about it. From the shadow of the helmet across saturn, to the face down with Surfer at the end where what was definately a face in the flames/smoke/crap, it pretty much summed it up. Did anyone else notice how the planet that died at the beginning looked like it had fingers gripping it?

Fantastic Four made $23 million dollars at the Box Office Friday, beating out the first day earnings of the first film. FF1 went on to gross 56 million dollars over its first weekend, so it seems that Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer will make just under $60 million by Sunday night.

In other words, expect a Fantastic Four 3.

I don't know when I'll see this, but there's one thing I must know:

does Doom lose the powers he had in the first film? I can understand why they'd do it, but that seems a bit too much of a cop-out to me.

I don't know when I'll see this, but there's one thing I must know:

does Doom lose the powers he had in the first film? I can understand why they'd do it, but that seems a bit too much of a cop-out to me.

No he doesn't lose his powers. But the Surfer makes his wounds disappears. When he has his make welded off it's all... bla. But with his encounter with the surfer, makes him look human again. But he still has his powers.

The film is what it is. Despite the many flaws the film had---it was still way better than Spiderman3. It really was.

I'm still kinda ticked at the Galactus thing.....but Silver Surfer was perfect. And Lawrence Fishbourne as the Surfer's voice was brilliant. Doug Jones did an amazing job as him.

Between the events in New Avengers this week and Johnny basically being a Super Skrull in the film---it's official---Skrulls are having the Best Week Ever!

3.5/5

It was a lot better than the first.

The action and acting was better.

I didn't like the cloud thing but it was still impressive and frighting.

I liked it a lot.

Better than SM3.

It was ok. It had a lot of the same problems that the first one did; Lots of buildup but a disappointing climax.

That said, it had good characterization, though it was detracted from by some sub-par acting.

Taken on their own, without anticipation or hype, there is no way Spider-man 3 is worse than this piece of tripe. Honestly, Jessica Alba looked like a Barbie; hell, she even had a strangely plastic gleam to her. She didn't fit Sue Storm at all.

This was just as bad, if not worse than, the first one. The Surfer was the only piece that worked, which I guess is fitting for what this film was: a launch pad for his solo movie. Seriously, all four of the primary characters were crap. crap crap crappy crap crap.

And why isn't anyone who complained about the Peter dance scene in SM3 mentioning the Mr. Fantastic scene in this one? It was worse! I almost walked out of the theater.

Sweet Christmas, it's just insane to compare Spider-man 3 to this asinine film.

At least this wasn't X-Men 3...

X-Men 3 was way better than Spider-Man 3.

I HATE silver surfer. I really do. He has always been down there with Namor as my very least favorite marvel character. That being said, Surfer was just awesome in this, everything about him rocked. I really enjoyed the movie as a whole as well. It was a great popcorn flick, and I think it was much much better than the original. Overall I would say 8.5/10.

Latest posts

Back