DC Animated Universe - Timeline (v2.0)

Harley said she worked with Joker for 7 years in the penultimate B:TAS episode "Beware the Creeper".
Since Joker was by himself by late December 1991, I'll bump those final two episodes up a year to 1999. (1999 - 7 = 1992)

EDIT: Never mind, she was referring to him becoming the Joker via his acid bath origin.

I got a question for you all regarding the Justice Lords:

Alternate timeline or alternate universe?

There is strong implications in "A Better World, Pt. I & II" it was a potential future if Lex ran for President and actually got his way. It's only when Lex retained footage from this alternate future and then eventually Brainiac took him over that brought said Justice Lords' timeline into a flux; then obviously erased when Lex got sent to prison. As convoluted as that sounds, it seems to me like if it was another Earth that would less sense if Lex tried to copycat another Earth rather than fulfill a destiny he foresaw. (I think Justice Lord Batman even says "It's not as simple as it sounds"; when asked about how that timeline works IIRC.)

Also, he COMIC Multiverse version has it parallel via Earth-12 (Batman Beyond) and Earth-50 (Justice Lords)...but then you have the My Adventures with Superman (2023) cartoon canonically as Earth-12 in the animated multiverse; with Mr. Myxlpxlk listing off several other Earths out-of-order like Earth-508 (might be Super Friends, but the classic one from 60s-70s), Earth-12 (MAwS, but once again not said in front of the correct Superman), and Earth-50. (Plus a "weird" crab Earth as a gag.) Out of those five Myx lists, three are confirmed in-canon. "Weird Super-Crab" Earth, Earth-12 (My Adventures with Superman) and Earth-Prime (which Myx DIDN'T list off despite showing) as the reality for the 1940s animated Superman shorts.
Basically, it makes more sense for the Earth-508 of animation to be for the Super Friends animated shows (parallel to the modern comic version under the same label) and animated Earth-50 to be the one-timeline DC Animated Universe; especially since 2023 Superman got that Earth-12 slot.

Thus: Justice Lords took place in an erased potential future.

Thoughts?

There is strong implications in "A Better World, Pt. I & II" it was a potential future if Lex ran for President and actually got his way. It's only when Lex retained footage from this alternate future and then eventually Brainiac took him over that brought said Justice Lords' timeline into a flux; then obviously erased when Lex got sent to prison. As convoluted as that sounds, it seems to me like if it was another Earth that would less sense if Lex tried to copycat another Earth rather than fulfill a destiny he foresaw. (I think Justice Lord Batman even says "It's not as simple as it sounds"; when asked about how that timeline works IIRC.)

Also, he COMIC Multiverse version has it parallel via Earth-12 (Batman Beyond) and Earth-50 (Justice Lords)...but then you have the My Adventures with Superman (2023) cartoon canonically as Earth-12 in the animated multiverse; with Mr. Myxlpxlk listing off several other Earths out-of-order like Earth-508 (might be Super Friends, but the classic one from 60s-70s), Earth-12 (MAwS, but once again not said in front of the correct Superman), and Earth-50. (Plus a "weird" crab Earth as a gag.) Out of those five Myx lists, three are confirmed in-canon. "Weird Super-Crab" Earth, Earth-12 (My Adventures with Superman) and Earth-Prime (which Myx DIDN'T list off despite showing) as the reality for the 1940s animated Superman shorts.
Basically, it makes more sense for the Earth-508 of animation to be for the Super Friends animated shows (parallel to the modern comic version under the same label) and animated Earth-50 to be the one-timeline DC Animated Universe; especially since 2023 Superman got that Earth-12 slot.

Thoughts?
Adding to this, Brainiac Lex says when he's about to "Old Yeller" Flash with a shotgun: "Armageddon. Right on schedule."
That had to be after he became president, since he had military carrying him off to do the deed. So he was just being smug in regards to that quip.

So early 2005 for Flash's death then Lex's subsequent demise after instigating WW3 (definitely not "on schedule") and the "two years later" in "A Better World" is 2007.

(Those who don't know how US Presidential elections work - January 2001 and January 2005 are the closest inaugurations, following the elections the previous year, to presidency in real life - thus also has to be within the DCAU's strict timeframe.)

Last edited:

Thoughts?
So before I add "A Better World" to the timeline:

Yay or Nay?
And why?

Adding to this, Brainiac Lex says when he's about to "Old Yeller" Flash with a shotgun: "Armageddon. Right on schedule."
That had to be after he became president, since he had military carrying him off to do the deed. So he was just being smug in regards to that quip.

So early 2005 for Flash's death then Lex's subsequent demise after instigating WW3 (definitely not "on schedule") and the "two years later" in "A Better World" is 2007.

(Those who don't know how US Presidential elections work - January 2001 and January 2005 are the closest inaugurations, following the elections the previous year, to presidency in real life - thus also has to be within the DCAU's strict timeframe.)
the only thing is that President elections are weird in the DCAU. So IDK, if we can take an election time in our world as canon. If we ignore the discrepancies I would say Yay; if we count them a Nay.

the only thing is that President elections are weird in the DCAU. So IDK, if we can take an election time in our world as canon. If we ignore the discrepancies I would say Yay; if we count them a Nay.
Are there other examples of President-related stuff in the DCAU?

Ya know what, rewatching the episode:
Justice Lords is staying an alternate universe.

Justice Lord Superman still looked like DCAU Superman before Lex died so...
1698908619209.png

1698908691822.png

Lately, I have been curious about the evolution of superheroes in the different media. So I have some questions about this iteration of the DC universe.
-In which year is Superman born?
-In which year is Batman born?
-In which year is the death of the Waynes?
-In which year do Batman and Superman debut?

Lately, I have been curious about the evolution of superheroes in the different media. So I have some questions about this iteration of the DC universe.
-In which year is Superman born?
-In which year is Batman born?
-In which year is the death of the Waynes?
-In which year do Batman and Superman debut?
The DCAU timeline is crazy. Anyway, answering in Order:

1) Kal-El/Clark Joseph Kent is born on December 1969.
2) Bruce Wayne is born in 1961 [not sure about this]
3) Thomas and Martha Wayne are killed in 1969 [not sure about this]
4) Bruce Wayne starts his career as "The Batman" in 1983; Clark Joseph Kent starts his career as "The Superman" in 1996.

So Waiting to answer your question in the Arkhamverse thread and Young Justice thread ahahahahah. See ya.

180 Novels

48 Picture books

"Secret Path" books are essentially Elseworlds/Hypertime.
Science, Activity and Joke books can GTFO. I ain't in Kindergarten.

Anything before 2009 I'll have to look into more.

Latest posts

Back