DC Animated Universe - Timeline (v2.0)

A lot of DC and DCAU Wiki concurrent studying. Sometimes they mention when certain episodes or comics take place.
I have a lot of notes myself so let me know if you get stumped. I can especially help with Static Shock. That one took a lot of brainpower. Same with Batman Beyond and The Zeta Project.

What's interesting about the "White Christmas" comic story is that Mr. Freeze says he and Nora were married "10 years ago" on Christmas Eve.
(2000 - 10 = 1990)

In the "Heart of Ice" episode, the 'present day' events take place in August 1992 and the Nora incident happened "last year".
(1992 - 1 = 1991)

So Victor would have known Nora for a year and during that time she caught a terminal illness.

So my theory about issue 15 of the Batman Adventures 2000s comic run culminating in the cure from SubZero receding and thus her succumbing to the illness fits timeline wise.

I love happy 'accidents' like this. (Not so much the Nora storyline, it's sad as hell...)

Last edited:
What's interesting about the "White Christmas" comic story is that Mr. Freeze says he and Nora were married "10 years ago" on Christmas Eve.
(2000 - 10 = 1990)

In the "Heart of Ice" episode, the 'present day' events take place in August 1992 and the Nora incident happened "last year".
(1992 - 1 = 1991)

So Victor would have known Nora for a year and during that time she caught a terminal illness.

So my theory about issue 15 of the Batman Adventures 2000s comic run culminating in the cure from SubZero receding and thus her succumbing to the illness fits timeline wise.

I love happy 'accidents' like this. (Not so much the Nora storyline, it's sad as hell...)
You're blessed with luck ahahaha.

You're blessed with luck ahahaha.
I also like the dramatic irony of Nora surviving for several years after SubZero, but searching for Victor in the arctic tundra under the assumption that he 'died' ultimately is what cost her life. Almost an inverse of what Freeze tried to save Nora. Inadvertently, he was responsible for her death in the end - but only because they loved each other too much to accept fate.

I feel like that adds more nuance to this tragic storyline.

Okay here's the first 5(/2) episodes:

The Dark Knight's First Night
  • Number of Flashback: 0
  • Date: ??/??/1983 or ??/??/1991
  • The Guy's explanation: "Despite the title, Batman's yellow-ovaled costume and Gordon's white-haired design indicate this doesn't take place on Batman's first night on patrol but one much closer to the series itself. Since the first episode is in June 1991 and this was made in about 1991, that's a safe bet. Month and date are arbitrarily mixed and match from the cover date and shipping date of Detective Comics #27 in which Batman first appeared.
    It should be noted that this is different enough from the actual show's opening that the iconic exploding bank heist seen there can still have happened in May to June 1991 as well, earlier, or later. We do see the yellow oval though, so that also cannot be Batman's first night either".
  • My Opinion: I think we can ignore the costume and just go with 1983, of course depends if we count the Lost Years as canon since something like this happens in that comic, depending on this we could choose to ignore or not Batman's costume. Anyway I think it's intended to be 1983.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x01: "On Leather Wings"
  • Date: 06/13/91-06/16/91
  • The Guy's Explanation: "The episode begins on June 13th per the Bat-Computer dates we see in the episode. The next episode in production order is "Christmas With The Joker" which has to take place in 1991, ergo so does this. Fun Fact: June 15th-16th was a weekend in 1992. No wonder Dr. March is annoyed with Bruce Wayne".
  • My Opinion: I honestly agree with him, seems pretty right since is an on-screen date.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x02: "Christmas With the Joker"
  • Date: 12/23/1991-12/25/1991
  • The Guy's Explanation: "The episode takes place on Christmas Eve and a later episode, "Beware The Grey Ghost" has an epilogue in October 1992. Ergo, 1991 is the latest this can take place. The later episodes "Joker's Favor" and "Beware The Creeper" suggest that Jack Napier became the Joker in mid 1991 and is a famous villain by September at the earliest. This makes this probably the third time Batman has encountered the Joker. Enjoy Robin here because he won't appear again for over another 20 episodes, probably due to his being a freshman in college here".
  • My Opinion: I agree with him aside for one thing. Even if Joker is super crazy and super smart, I find literally impossible that he was able to escape Arkham Asylum,making a plan, actually do that plan and having Batman know that you escaped, all of this in one evening. That's why I made an extra date only with Joker's escape.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x03: "Nothing to Fear"
  • Number of Flashback: 3
  • Date: ??/??/1955, ??/??/1981, ??/??/1990, 09/??/1991
  • The Guy's Explanation: "The episode before it in production order has Batman fighting The Joker on Christmas Eve and the next one has Batman fighting The Joker on April Fool's, so this episode could take place in between. Since all we know is school is probably in session, it could fit there.
    However, we will see that the episode "The Forgotten" has been determined to take place in January which changes things. Since Bruce seems more confident in his subconscious relationship with his parents in that episode than he is here, I feel this episode should take place prior to that one.

I'm going to put this one year exactly before its airdate. Plus, this means all of Clive Revill's three appearances voicing Alfred remain sequentially linked so Alfred's voice isn't constantly changing for a couple months. Maybe he just had a cold in late 1991?"
  • My Opinion: Okay, I agree with his placement, but the problem is where the episode fits in both the present day and the flashbacks. Let's start with the present day events, it has to take place in 1991 and the episode states it is school time, so it can be slotted before 1x01 or between 1x01 and 1x02. I prefer the latter since 1x01 is a perfect series premiere and works better for closing the DCAU with the epilogue episode from Justice League Unlimited. Now the flashback, we have 3, so let's start with flashback N. 3, It shows Crane being fired from his teacher position, so it's most likely that he will start plotting his revenge soon after, I placed this 1 year before the episode to give Crane enough time to prepare since is his big entrance. Flashback N. 2 depicts Crane, while he is testing on some students, flashback N. 3 imply that he do this for some time, so I decided to place this flashback, 10 years before he is fired. Flashback N. 1 is based on age, so for having some actual ages I used his comic age, which is 50s years old, 50 for simplicity sake, so 1991-50= 1941. Now that we know this we have to found out Crane's age during the flashback, since he is real tall, I proposed a 14 years old, so 1941+14=1955. So that's it, heading to the next episode. P.S. The Batman and TMNT Crossover comic seems to have the reason for why Crane changes happearence between BTAS and TNBA.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x04: "The Last Laugh"
  • Date: 04/01/92
  • The Guy's Explanation: This episode takes place on April Fools' Day. The show started in 1992. *gestures hands wildly in explanatory matter*
  • My Opinion: I agree with him, the date appear in a newspaper at the very start of the episode.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x05: "Pretty Poison"
  • Number of Flashback:
  • Date:
  • The Guy's Explanation:
  • My Opinion:
Timeline for the moment:

????

Batman: The Animated Series 1x03:
"Nothing to Fear" (0:08:13-0:08:17)

????

"Nothing to Fear" (0:08:18-0:08:31)

????

????

"Nothing to Fear" (0:08:32-0:08:36)

13th June

Batman: The Animated Series 1x01:
"On Leather Wings" (0:00:00-0:02:26)

14th June
"On Leather Wings" (0:02:27-0:09:30)

15th June
"On Leather Wings" (0:09:31-0:11:47)

16th June
"On Leather Wings" (0:11:48-0:19:54)

September
"Nothing to Fear" (0:00:00-0:08:12)
Batman: The Animated Series 1x03: "Nothing to Fear" (0:08:37-0:19:55)

23th December
Batman: The Animated Series 1x02:
"Christmas With the Joker" (0:00:00-0:00:56)

24th December
"Christmas With the Joker" (0:00:57-0:19:29)

25th December
"Christmas With the Joker" (0:19:30-0:19:50)

1st April

Batman: The Animated Series 1x04:
"The Last Laugh"

Last edited:
Okay here's the first 5(/2) episodes:

• Date: ??/??/1983 or ??/??/1991
  • The Guy's explanation: "Despite the title, Batman's yellow-ovaled costume and Gordon's white-haired design indicate this doesn't take place on Batman's first night on patrol but one much closer to the series itself. Since the first episode is in June 1991 and this was made in about 1991, that's a safe bet. Month and date are arbitrarily mixed and match from the cover date and shipping date of Detective Comics #27 in which Batman first appeared.
    It should be noted that this is different enough from the actual show's opening that the iconic exploding bank heist seen there can still have happened in May to June 1991 as well, earlier, or later. We do see the yellow oval though, so that also cannot be Batman's first night either".
  • My Opinion: I think we can ignore the costume and just go with 1983, of course depends if we count the Lost Years as canon since something like this happens in that comic, depending on this we could choose to ignore or not Batman's costume. Anyway I think it's intended to be 1983.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x01: "On Leather Wings"
  • Date: 06/13/91-06/16/91
  • The Guy's Explanation: "The episode begins on June 13th per the Bat-Computer dates we see in the episode. The next episode in production order is "Christmas With The Joker" which has to take place in 1991, ergo so does this. Fun Fact: June 15th-16th was a weekend in 1992. No wonder Dr. March is annoyed with Bruce Wayne".
  • My Opinion: I honestly agree with him, seems pretty right since is an on-screen date.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x02: "Christmas With the Joker"
  • Date: 12/23/1991-12/25/1991
  • The Guy's Explanation: "The episode takes place on Christmas Eve and a later episode, "Beware The Grey Ghost" has an epilogue in October 1992. Ergo, 1991 is the latest this can take place. The later episodes "Joker's Favor" and "Beware The Creeper" suggest that Jack Napier became the Joker in mid 1991 and is a famous villain by September at the earliest. This makes this probably the third time Batman has encountered the Joker. Enjoy Robin here because he won't appear again for over another 20 episodes, probably due to his being a freshman in college here".
  • My Opinion: I agree with him aside for one thing. Even if Joker is super crazy and super smart, I find literally impossible that he was able to escape Arkham Asylum,making a plan, actually do that plan and having Batman know that you escaped, all of this in one evening. That's why I made an extra date only with Joker's escape.
Batman: The Animated Series 1x03: "Nothing to Fear"
Now I have to go, I will do the last 3 episodes of today this evening.
Timeline for the moment:

????

13th June

"On Leather Wings" (0:00:00-0:02:26)

14th June
"On Leather Wings" (0:02:27-0:09:30)

15th June
"On Leather Wings" (0:09:31-0:11:47)

16th June
"On Leather Wings" (0:11:48-0:19:54)

23th December
"Christmas With the Joker" (0:00:00-0:00:56)

24th December
"Christmas With the Joker" (0:00:57-0:19:29)

25th December
"Christmas With the Joker" (0:19:30-0:19:50)
Thanks bruv

What's weird is "The Lost Years" is not available to read on DC Universe Infinite.

Thank God I still own a physical copy lol. That goes for big moolah last I checked.

What's weird is "The Lost Years" is not available to read on DC Universe Infinite.

Thank God I still own a physical copy lol. That goes for big moolah last I checked.
Updated.

Nothing in it conflicts with the episodes.
But any pages that are adapted in the episodes themselves are skipped. Every page that works around those scenes are added to the timeline. (For simplicity's sake.)

Despite me not having read much of the 90s Batman Adventures comics, I can 100% affirm this one issue thus far is NON-CANON.

Despite me not having read much of the 90s Batman Adventures comics, I can 100% affirm this one issue thus far is NON-CANON.
Also, for whatever reason, issues 29-36 are NOT on DC Universe Infinite.

...why?

guys, I have tecnical problems with the streaming I'm using, so I don't think I can upload much for today, anyway 1x03 has been added.

Lol, they got the mullet Superman.

Working later hours recently. I'll update the timeline again when I have the time.

guys, I have tecnical problems with the streaming I'm using, so I don't think I can upload much for today, anyway 1x03 has been added.
Mr @selfishmisery maybe I solved the problem (tecnically didn't) seems that Batman the animated series Will come to Netflix in my country on the 21st of November, so I Will start again my attempt at a timeline of Batman the animated series episodes.

Latest posts

Back