X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

So with DP & Wolverine just around the corner me and the family have been watching all of the fox x-men films in chronological order but I got to Deadpool No Good Deed and wondered should I let them watch new mutants and then Logan before DP2 or DP2 and then new mutants and then Logan and tell them that DP & Wolverine is right between DP2 and New mutants.

In the end went with the first option as I found out X-23 is in the final trailer but I'm still so confused as to what the film order is after DP1?

So with DP & Wolverine just around the corner me and the family have been watching all of the fox x-men films in chronological order but I got to Deadpool No Good Deed and wondered should I let them watch new mutants and then Logan before DP2 or DP2 and then new mutants and then Logan and tell them that DP & Wolverine is right between DP2 and New mutants.

In the end went with the first option as I found out X-23 is in the final trailer but I'm still so confused as to what the film order is after DP1?
Deadpool 2 spoils Logan, so either watch Deadpool 2 but skip the first chapter, therefore avoiding 100% of the spoilers (they can watch that scene immediately after Logan in theory), or watch TNM, Logan, and then Deadpool 2.

personally i would show them no good deed, then new mutants, then logan; then explain that deadpool 2 takes place between no good deed and new mutants but its most relevant going into deadpool 3 to watch last

It's an insane paradox because Wade shouldn't know about the events of Logan in present day, but that still happens eventually in his timeline.

I get he breaks the 4th Wall but now it seems like he's getting cosmic future knowledge from K.E.V.I.N. in whatever God-dimension he's from.
my theory was because James mangold or someone else with some official acknowledgement with the films said that logan is its own universe, even though Essex appears in the revised timeline and in the logan timeline, so my best guess atm is that vanessa and wade both died at the end of DP2, cable's inclusion in events is kind of what could tip russell off to find and kill his cable's family in 2054 so logan could happen before that future we see in DP2, but as soon as cable time travels back to save wade that starts a large chain of events which leads us into DP&W.

my argument is then do you watch it first or last?

my theory was because James mangold or someone else with some official acknowledgement with the films said that logan is its own universe, even though Essex appears in the revised timeline and in the logan timeline, so my best guess atm is that vanessa and wade both died at the end of DP2, cable's inclusion in events is kind of what could tip russell off to find and kill his cable's family in 2054 so logan could happen before that future we see in DP2, but as soon as cable time travels back to save wade that starts a large chain of events which leads us into DP&W.

my argument is then do you watch it first or last?
So you're saying that Wade sacrificing himself to save Russell is Earth-17315? Is that what I'm getting?

So you're saying that Wade sacrificing himself to save Russell is Earth-17315? Is that what I'm getting?
It depends on the outcome from that moment where I guess the timelines would split but yes

So Wade dies leads into new mutants and Logan

And the version of events where wade lives is when Wade screws with time travel and leads into DP&W

Not really sure how I feel about it tbh waiting for DP&W for more proof

In my chronological rewatch we watched Deadpool first, then New Mutants, then Logan and finally Deadpool 2 and I personally think that it is the best way of watching them

This essentially, yes.
oh ok, I wonder if anyone in here has seen DP&W it with the Hollywood premiere and knows if it changes after including that movie. I'm going on holidays to see it either over the weekend or early next week. Seen a few youtubers give their kind of immediate thoughts and feelings after watching it and that has me even more hyped. Going dark after today so wish me luck in trying not to get spoiled by any future leaks.

Oh, and one more thing that further narrows down its timeline placement:
Hunter B-15 appears in a TVA business suit in a short shot of the newest tv spot so we can 95% confirm that this is taking place awhile after Loki season 2 and also therefore sometime after Quantumania due to the Loki S02 Epilogue, as she would have promoted to be one of the few in charge of the current TVA, which was also alluded to in the Loki S02 finale episode.

So, my best guess is somewhere close to Wade's bday, which I don't think we know the date of from previous Deadpool films in 2024 in the foxverse, but the mcu is currently in 2026 and it definitely has to be awhile after Late July/Early August 2025 so if the release date is any indication of the timeline placement, we could be looking at a Late July/Early August 2026 placement aka the furtherest in the mcu timeline as Gotg3 was march 2026 and the marvels was November 2025.

Last edited:
oh ok, I wonder if anyone in here has seen DP&W it with the Hollywood premiere and knows if it changes after including that movie. I'm going on holidays to see it either over the weekend or early next week. Seen a few youtubers give their kind of immediate thoughts and feelings after watching it and that has me even more hyped. Going dark after today so wish me luck in trying not to get spoiled by any future leaks.

Oh, and one more thing that further narrows down its timeline placement:
Hunter B-15 appears in a TVA business suit in a short shot of the newest tv spot so we can 95% confirm that this is taking place awhile after Loki season 2 and also therefore sometime after Quantumania due to the Loki S02 Epilogue, as she would have promoted to be one of the few in charge of the current TVA, which was also alluded to in the Loki S02 finale episode.

So, my best guess is somewhere close to Wade's bday, which I don't think we know the date of from previous Deadpool films in 2024 in the foxverse, but the mcu is currently in 2026 and it definitely has to be awhile after Late July/Early August 2025 so if the release date is any indication of the timeline placement, we could be looking at a Late July/Early August 2026 placement aka the furtherest in the mcu timeline as Gotg3 was march 2026 and the marvels was November 2025.
Deadpool could easily be in 2029 or 2026

Back