UPDATE: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed to 12/27/06

This is REALLY good.

It's extremely tense, exciting, and funny. The way they show you pretty much exactly what's going to happen but in a way that only heightens your curiosity is great.

The panda thing is just funny. Banner's "DO IT!" is obviously the climax where Wolverine has a chance to kill him. And the last panel is She-Hulk arriving (this will be the #3 cliffhanger, and the rest of the issue is going to the 'part' Wolverine left out - Walters taking the Hulk serum).

In a perverse way... I'm ecstatic this got delayed. Right here, now, at the end of the Ultimate universe, we're given one last hurrah to what was a grand ol' time of reinvention and adaptation.

When this was originally coming out, it was just another good title in an imprint that seemed as though it could do no wrong, only to end up as a shameful part of the imprint because of its inability to meet deadlines. Back then, this was the worst the Ultimate line had to offer - not due to content, but due to scheduling.

And here it is, returning, a defiant "this is what this imprint was about" gem in the slush of what's left. "This is what you're losing".

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Six pages and I'm absolutely ecstatic. I honestly hope the series continues to deliver.

Uh, the cover shows Wolverine's claws going right through Hulk's skin, but Hulk was unaffected when he was shot by an adamantium needle in Ultimates.

That preview alone was awesome.

The art is beautiful, but the writing is confusing...."Go back some," "Back a little more," "Wait, that's a little too far, we already did this." They did the same in the first issue, and although they're trying to recap the last two issues since it's been years since the last issue, but the way they do it just makes it even more cobobbled. And why does it seem like it's almost breaking the fourth wall?

Uh, the cover shows Wolverine's claws going right through Hulk's skin, but Hulk was unaffected when he was shot by an adamantium needle in Ultimates.

Actually, he never got injected by Captain America, so it's not he was unaffected. Also, at the end of the first volume, Hawkeye puts Hulk down with an adamantium arrow.

Finally, it's a cover. Cover's lie. ;)

The art is beautiful, but the writing is confusing...."Go back some," "Back a little more," "Wait, that's a little too far, we already did this." They did the same in the first issue, and although they're trying to recap the last two issues since it's been years since the last issue, but the way they do it just makes it even more cobobbled. And why does it seem like it's almost breaking the fourth wall?

It's breaking the fourth wall in that Wolverine is talking directly to us. But narration generally does.

Really? It seemed fine to me.

Lindelof must have thought he was writing an episode of Lost.

This is REALLY good.

It's extremely tense, exciting, and funny. The way they show you pretty much exactly what's going to happen but in a way that only heightens your curiosity is great.

The panda thing is just funny. Banner's "DO IT!" is obviously the climax where Wolverine has a chance to kill him. And the last panel is She-Hulk arriving (this will be the #3 cliffhanger, and the rest of the issue is going to the 'part' Wolverine left out - Walters taking the Hulk serum).

In a perverse way... I'm ecstatic this got delayed. Right here, now, at the end of the Ultimate universe, we're given one last hurrah to what was a grand ol' time of reinvention and adaptation.

When this was originally coming out, it was just another good title in an imprint that seemed as though it could do no wrong, only to end up as a shameful part of the imprint because of its inability to meet deadlines. Back then, this was the worst the Ultimate line had to offer - not due to content, but due to scheduling.

And here it is, returning, a defiant "this is what this imprint was about" gem in the slush of what's left. "This is what you're losing".

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Six pages and I'm absolutely ecstatic. I honestly hope the series continues to deliver.

I totally agree. And I haven't even read the preview yet.

It's so stupid to be down on this book just because it's late. So what? What difference does it make as long as it's good?

I totally agree. And I haven't even read the preview yet.

It's so stupid to be down on this book just because it's late. So what? What difference does it make as long as it's good?

I think the delay would be bad if you...

A.) died before this came out

B.) were in a coma and had no chance of waking up. I.E. Veggie

C.) went blind before the release

D.) have since become completely indifferent of the medium in general

I.E. Loeb ****ed it up for you. Or Bendis.

Latest posts

Back