Timeline Hub

returning to the middle-earth cinematic universe (dw guys i'm working on it). I think u can actually put the time skip in it (only with the extended edition tho).

And for TLOTRO the game uses visuals from the movies and lore from the books. (tho the wiki says that they change only a lil, so they can be worked out. Like with problems from the BFME series)

okay so, it misses:
"The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age" [Set during the Trilogy]
"The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth" [Set during the Trilogy]
"The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II" [Set during the Trilogy]
"The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II: The Rise of the Witch-King" [Set Between 1409 SA to 1636 SA]
"The Lord of the Rings: Conquest" [Set During the Trilogy]
"Tales of the Shire: A "The Lord of the Rings" Game" [Setting Unknown]
Game wise personally because of contradictions I wouldn't ever add either The Third Age or the first Battle for Middle-earth. They're dead not canon to me as I can't possibly fit them logically in there. Conquest is a maybe, it's battles from the films that very closely followed sure and it ads new ones that can fit so as I said it's a maybe. and very controversial opinion Return to Moria, it is based on the novels sure, buuuut it fits way more in the cinematic universe and John Rhys-Davies returned to voice Gimli.

there are 4 short films missing
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Friend or Foe
The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War in real life
The Lord of the Rings: Orc vs. Girl
The Lord of the Rings: Mordor vs. Gondor

the first one's (with TLOTR as begining of the title) ending, which is set in our world, should be completely cut out from the timeline and they should have edited it in after a clear pause like they did with the sequels (yup a trilogy of short films) they're set sometime after Fellowship and before Return (they are official and altho no WB or New Line logo is visible they were involved just like New Line is involved with The Rings of Power) and the SoW short is set before the game

Working myself on a timeline for this as well for probably just personal use but here you have it, hope I could help a bit.

Last edited:
Curious, but are you still planning on doing a timeline for Dexter @tabascoman77 ? Just wondering out of curiosity, since you have the series as a planned Timeline in your signature.
On a related note, I'd be interested to know if anyone's doing a reading order/timeline for the Top Cow Comics universe. If not, I'd be interested in taking charge of that, provided I know what comics (aside from Witchblade and The Darkness) I should be including in the order.

And before anyone asks, NO, I will not be including anything to Earth-7642 (Earth-Crossover) in this timeline/reading order that doesn't involve any of the Top Cow Comics characters. So that means stuff like Spider-Man vs. Superman or Wolverine vs. Predator are obviously off-limits. As far as I'm aware, the events seen in any of the crossover comics (IE: Witchblade marrying Wolverine or The Darkness meeting Batman) could likely have happened in both realities.

Last edited:
So, every Mobile Game sponsored Short is canon?

Etc.

Mobile Games constantly sponsor sketches for marketing, that does not canonise them at all

yesn't
well, if it was a talk about the franchise sure it can be sponsored in that sense, a fan film/sketch can't there would be very big right issues except if you got the license to use that world. Those are promotional short films. They're official as the "Not today Brian" spot for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, and NtB can't be canon for multiple reasons the biggest being it is set in our world, the same as not all of the Rise to War shorts could be canon like for example The most unlikely Fellowship of the Ring from the get-go it shows that it can't be canon. The three I mentioned do fit rather well tho and were done as short films not funny sketches.

Then why not include Dark Lord Ligma? It does not contradict anything and is sponsored by Rise to War? There are probably a bunch more sketches out there that were sponsored by RtW

Again, I see all of those sketches on the same level as every other sponsored mobile game sketches for their franchises. There is a clear difference to like the 40th Anniversary Shorts for Alien, those were released officially. If a sketch is sponsored, the people who make it don't even have to discuss the story with the company. They obviously have to send them a version so they can see that all conditions for the sponsorship were met and stuff, but still, the company/developer has little to none impact on the story. (I am in contact with some people associated with sketch channels, who do sponsored jobs). So, with all that in mind, I think it's safe to say that these sponsorships are not official in any sense.

Just to clarify, this is just me sharing my opinion, this is not an attack or sth. I'm not telling you to not include it in your personal timeline, or that you are wrong. (Had a lot of bad experiences lately with disagreeing on forms and fandoms about film/TV and other media, thus this section)

Then why not include Dark Lord Ligma? It does not contradict anything and is sponsored by Rise to War? There are probably a bunch more sketches out there that were sponsored by RtW

Again, I see all of those sketches on the same level as every other sponsored mobile game sketches for their franchises. There is a clear difference to like the 40th Anniversary Shorts for Alien, those were released officially. If a sketch is sponsored, the people who make it don't even have to discuss the story with the company. They obviously have to send them a version so they can see that all conditions for the sponsorship were met and stuff, but still, the company/developer has little to none impact on the story. (I am in contact with some people associated with sketch channels, who do sponsored jobs). So, with all that in mind, I think it's safe to say that these sponsorships are not official in any sense.

Just to clarify, this is just me sharing my opinion, this is not an attack or sth. I'm not telling you to not include it in your personal timeline, or that you are wrong. (Had a lot of bad experiences lately with disagreeing on forms and fandoms about film/TV and other media, thus this section)
I didn't mention it as it does in a way fit in. Personally I would not add it in there for few reasons, 1. the lesser production value. 2. It feels like an official parody and the biggest one to me 3. "ain't no montain high enough" it just for some reason doesn't fit right but that maybe because I know it's from a song. But that is my personal view here, and it does indeed fit in so could be added.

Oh, don't worry. I know, tbf I haven't had such fun in a conversation on the internet in a while, we both sharing our opinions here and are not fighting or calling names because of different opinions. It's fun.

Returning to a possible image universe timeline, (tho i think It's impossible thanks to Savage Dragon, but Hey) I think the best approch is if every one of us take on One series and do a timeline of it and then we put them together.

Like for example I'm interested in Spawn and Invincible, (tho for me chronology wise invincible Is obscure to me, so i would take on Spawn) if i recall correctly @JudgeDreddpool wanted to make a witchblade timeline, someone else can do savage dragon, youngblood, etcc...

And After that we put everything together.

P.S. I Just realized that I'm proposing to do an "image: United" 2.0 hahaha.

Also, I know I'm not a fan of Screenrant, but here's a new Timeline for anyone interested:

Context: Kaguya-Sama: Love is War and Oshi no Ko are both written by the same author and take place in the same universe due to the in-universe manga Sweet Today being mentioned in the former, and the latter having it being turned into a live-action drama that OnK protagonist Aqua acts in.

If it helps, here's a list of Timelines that need threads (yes, most of the ones below are Manga/Anime, but shhh):
  • One Piece
  • Marvel Earth-346 (possibly includes My Hero Academia?)
  • Bleach
  • Attack on Titan
  • Kaguya-Sama: Love is War / Oshi no Ko
  • How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift / ST☆R: Strike it Rich / Kengan Ashura
  • Undead Unluck (Already claimed and plan to work on it soon)
  • Spy X Family
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Monster (2004 anime)
  • 2000 AD
  • Demon Slayer
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Death Note
  • BioShock
  • Resistance
  • Killzone
  • Top Cow Comics (including non-canon branches for the Witchblade live-action series, Witchblade anime and The Darkness video game duology)
  • Dead Space

If it helps, here's a list of Timelines that need threads (yes, most of the ones below are Manga/Anime, but shhh):
  • One Piece
  • Marvel Earth-346 (possibly includes My Hero Academia?)
  • Bleach
  • Attack on Titan
  • Kaguya-Sama: Love is War / Oshi no Ko
  • How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift / ST☆R: Strike it Rich / Kengan Ashura
  • Undead Unluck (Already claimed and plan to work on it soon)
  • Spy X Family
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Monster (2004 anime)
  • 2000 AD
  • Demon Slayer
  • Jujutsu Kaisen
  • Death Note
  • BioShock
  • Resistance
  • Killzone
  • Top Cow Comics (including non-canon branches for the Witchblade live-action series, Witchblade anime and The Darkness video game duology)
  • Dead Space
i wanted to do a Bioschock/System Shock/Home Alone timeline! The Only problem is that i'm not too much expert on the system shock games.

Back