The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

"Season Four Finale"

So we're not even calling it by its original title anymore: "Assassination Run"?

EDIT: AND a disclaimer ooof.

They're really just trying to anger the audience during this stressful election season, holy fucking shit.
Ayup. And to nobody's surprise, they don't even bring up the fact that Hughie was sexually assaulted in the prior two episodes. Oh, and that insufferable know-it-all b*tch Sage is back FFS.

Overall, a disappointing end to a Season that IMO went so far downhill, it pretty much began to show the cracks in both the show and Kripke's ability as a showrunner. I ain't even going to check the final Season, Gen V S2 or the planned Mexico spin-off out, because I'm pretty much done with it. I'll stick with the comics personally.

You think now that Butcher is no longer on borrowed time after giving the worm full control of his body that we could easily time jump a year later for the final season?

I was on board with spin-offs, but when the prequels get out of the drawer, you know it's milking time.

I think they have an opportunity to humanize Soldier Boy as a character some or at least give more depth (he's still gonna be a scumbag-extreme) but we'll see. Especially if he's the main character you can't make him a jokey asshole 100% of the time.

I think they have an opportunity to humanize Soldier Boy as a character some or at least give more depth (he's still gonna be a scumbag-extreme) but we'll see. Especially if he's the main character you can't make him a jokey asshole 100% of the time.
looks at how Kripke and the writers had Hughie being SA'd three episodes in a row and called it "hilarious" in interviews

Yeeeeah I don't think they're gonna learn.

nothing related to the timeline but I just woke up from a nap and I dreamed that all of us here were audiovisual producers and we were recording a new scene for the boys XD

Oooooh... fuck. Sooo, what are we thinking for the age rating? R or NC-17 for America, 18 for UK?
Fact of the matter is the moments involving kids from that comic will NEVER happen onscreen.

Obscenity laws in other countries get even fictional works like A Serbian Film and Where the Dead Go To Die banned. In other words, it would jeopardize profit for the company who funds and produces the Crossed film.

Fact of the matter is the moments involving kids from that comic will NEVER happen onscreen.

Obscenity laws in other countries get even fictional works like A Serbian Film and Where the Dead Go To Die banned. In other words, it would jeopardize profit for the company who funds and produces the Crossed film.
Yeah, obviously anything with kids is gonna be off-screen or outright toned down.

Don't know... I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but this 4th one had me quit halfway through. it seemed to me that they are just trying to throw down the pit of darkness the 2 main characters, for the sake of getting audience. You know, the nastier-the more appealing equation... Been there, saw that. Already from the times of J.R. Ewing on Dallas...

Don't know... I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but this 4th one had me quit halfway through. it seemed to me that they are just trying to throw down the pit of darkness the 2 main characters, for the sake of getting audience. You know, the nastier-the more appealing equation... Been there, saw that. Already from the times of J.R. Ewing on Dallas...
That is exactly my point. The characters only got either dumber or vile (plus, most of the newer characters were either insufferable or unnecessary), the plot honestly didn't go anywhere in this season (which just felt like absolute padding and filler for the final season), the politics got a little bit too real, and overall, a lot of it just felt more... mean-spirited and hypocritical, especially when it came to Hughie being raped by both Tek-Knight and Ashley in the sixth episode, then repeatedly raped by the Shapeshifter in episodes seven and eight.

Back