Sony's Spider-Man Universe - Timeline

Well, we are just discussing it. It's not like he's just some random low subscriber YouTuber making things up. Could be true, could be false, but it doesn't really matter either way right now.

- I believe at one point an ID of some sort shows that Cassie was born on "06-23-1973," and a letter earlier in the film also suggests that her mother, who's described as having spent around a month searching for the spider, was in the Amazon on May 21, 1973. At one point in the movie, Cassie is described as being in her early 30s, meaning this should be after June 23, 2003.
Do you remember when that ID was shown? The Sony wiki places it on May 26th, 1973. No reference notes though, just a link to the movie's page.

I can try skimming through the movie if needed.

The symbiotes and Ejiofor hunting them seem to match, but there's been plenty of times where leaks get certain elements right while still overall being wrong. I just don't see anything in this trailer that even hints at Peter Parker being involved and if he was I don't see it as something Sony would hide.

1723706732104.png
Ok so I can see where the wiki gets May 26, 1973 from. While watching the movie in theaters, I didn't realize that this was essentially Cassandra's birth certificate but, taking into account her ID showing a June 30th date of birth, instead some passport/travel date for her mother or something. I'm inclined to believe this date of birth over June 30, 1973 as it's shown more prominently, provides more leeway for the present day setting of the movie (i.e. allowing it to be set in late May or June 2003 if needed), and also tracks better with the most recent dates in her mother's journal being early May 1973.
1723707202800.png

Mattie's shown in a school uniform when Cassie nearly hits her with the ambulance, meaning this is still during the school time. I'd say the film takes place sometime during June 2003 due to Cassie being at least 30 (so after May 26, 2003), the barbeque shown toward the beginning (a summertime activity), the Beyoncé poster (Dangerously in Love released June 23, 2003), and school still being in session (NYC schools let out late June). There's a week time jump at some point due to Cassie's visit to the Amazon, so there's a possibility it passes over into July at some point. Something I didn't catch, but one of the girls comments about being "so sad about Martha Stewart" at one point, referring to Stewart being indicted for insider trading on June 4, 2003, which matches perfectly. Should be noted that Britney Spears' "Toxic" was first released on November 15, 2003, not quite working with June 2003, but the film already has some other infamous anachronisms such as the PSP (released in March 2005 in the US) appearing, so I don't think it's too big a deal.

Back