Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

I guess you could say Deadpool travels to the future to dig up Logan, but to me personally, in the context of the movie, it doesn't make sense and it was not communicated that way.

Because I feel if timetravel was an option, Deadpool would have tried to save Logan first, before trying to find other Wolverines
yea the weirdest part to reconcile to me is that logan is for sure in 2029, that can't be disputed, and 6 years following 2018 is 2024, and that logic doesn't follow should logan dying in 2029 is the trigger for anything that follows; did you happen to notice a year mentioned anywhere other than the mcu scene?

yea the weirdest part to reconcile to me is that logan is for sure in 2029, that can't be disputed, and 6 years following 2018 is 2024, and that logic doesn't follow should logan dying in 2029 is the trigger for anything that follows; did you happen to notice a year mentioned anywhere other than the mcu scene?
Afraid not

So, now, in 2024, there is two Logan and two X-23 living together in FoX-Men-verse (The failed Wolverine and X-23's variant), right?

In 2029, FoX-Men-verse's Logan will die (Logan movie).

Deadpool and Wolverine is in 2024.

X-23 is 6 years old in 2024, she's born in 2018. The variant probably has 19 years old (Dafne Keen's current age).

So, when Logan die, in 2029, there will be other Logan (failed Wolverine) alive somewhere, so this one will become the new X-Men Universe's anchor, right?

Last edited:
my final thoughts on the timeline before actually going into the movie:

it seems like this is essentially expanding on the idea from loki that a timeline is a collection of branches based around a "root", ie like how loki and mobius travelled back to the 1970s on the sacred timeline supposedly without creating a branch; so logan the film can take place in 2029 on earth-17315 while similar events occur earlier on the timeline in the branch we see deadpool end up in at the end of deadpool 2 (which i still believe must coexist with the original 10005 for deadpool to have created earth-18315)

so it looks to me like this:
- earth-10005 is the "sacred" fox x-men timeline, containing the events of first class, days of future past's original history and dark future, x-men origins wolverine, x-men, x2, x-men the last stand and the wolverine

- the branches of this timeline are assigned numbers as any other universe would be, however im willing to bet that moving forward these numbers will not be used in the same way or even referenced and instead will be called back to as 10005 branches, just as the timeline branches from endgame were never given specific universe designations like 838 was in mom

- earth-17315 - branch timeline starting from the altered events of days of future past in 1973, includes the events of x-men apocalypse, dark phoenix, deadpool, no good deed, the new mutants, and logan

- earth-66250 - branch future where cable travels back in time from 2054 to…

- earth-41633 - branches off from 17315 when vanessa is killed; wase eventually abandons this branch when he travels to or creates various other branches

- earth-18315 - deadpool kills weapon xi in 1979, causing another branch off the main timeline

- earth-??? - deadpool kills ryan reynolds

- earth-??? - deadpool interacts with baby hitler

now, the biggest contention for me here is where deadpool ends up at the end of deadpool 2 when he saves vanessa and peter, and whether or not these two scenes are even in the same branch, and if these two scenes are even in the same branch we see in deadpool & wolverine; with the film glossing over the 2029 date of logan seemingly intentionally im thinking that this is even a further removed branch wherein similar events that occurred in the film logan happened, just a little earlier on the timeline; this can explain how in 2024 this branch can be affected by logans death 5 years later, as its actually happened in the main anchor "root" timeline and therefore all associated branches will eventually die off; this also doesnt provide an explanation as to how he couldnt just bring logan back in time before he is killed within the same branch but might account for the lack of domino and cable; this can also explain how an older x-23 variant can exist, as she stands out among the variants as being the only one we've seen previously in another x-men film that was supposed to be set within the same universe from the outset as opposed to characters like johnny storm or elektra who were always from separate timelines

Hey all I literally just got back from DP&W atm and I love this film so much.

Was going to watch it in a few days but as I came close to being spoiled I said screw it so I went to see it early and boy did i make the right call.

So yes March 14th 2018 is the date when
wade meets with Happy Hogan (For Reference Infinity War happened in May 2018 so this is around Punisher S02 and Jessica Jones Season 3)

As I was leaving the cinema I also wondered if this created a branch timeline in 616 because the multiverse doesn't Break into each other's universes until just after endgame when Loki Breaks HWR's setup of the sacred timeline and wade says he created X-force so this is happening after DP2 which shouldn't exist until after Loki creates the sacred multiverse tree but I assume that this is like the scene from DP2 where Wade goes to the erased OG Timeline to kill his Origins Self but it doesn't make logical sense if the timeline is already erased therefore sending him to another branch.

It jumps 6 years later to 100005 (the revised timeline so yeah I agree that Fox xmen is all 100005 except for new mutants and Logan which seems to be a branch before the ending of DP2)

Last edited:
my final thoughts on the timeline before actually going into the movie:

it seems like this is essentially expanding on the idea from loki that a timeline is a collection of branches based around a "root", ie like how loki and mobius travelled back to the 1970s on the sacred timeline supposedly without creating a branch; so logan the film can take place in 2029 on earth-17315 while similar events occur earlier on the timeline in the branch we see deadpool end up in at the end of deadpool 2 (which i still believe must coexist with the original 10005 for deadpool to have created earth-18315)

so it looks to me like this:
- earth-10005 is the "sacred" fox x-men timeline, containing the events of first class, days of future past's original history and dark future, x-men origins wolverine, x-men, x2, x-men the last stand and the wolverine

- the branches of this timeline are assigned numbers as any other universe would be, however im willing to bet that moving forward these numbers will not be used in the same way or even referenced and instead will be called back to as 10005 branches, just as the timeline branches from endgame were never given specific universe designations like 838 was in mom

- earth-17315 - branch timeline starting from the altered events of days of future past in 1973, includes the events of x-men apocalypse, dark phoenix, deadpool, no good deed, the new mutants, and logan

- earth-66250 - branch future where cable travels back in time from 2054 to…

- earth-41633 - branches off from 17315 when vanessa is killed; wase eventually abandons this branch when he travels to or creates various other branches

- earth-18315 - deadpool kills weapon xi in 1979, causing another branch off the main timeline

- earth-??? - deadpool kills ryan reynolds

- earth-??? - deadpool interacts with baby hitler

now, the biggest contention for me here is where deadpool ends up at the end of deadpool 2 when he saves vanessa and peter, and whether or not these two scenes are even in the same branch, and if these two scenes are even in the same branch we see in deadpool & wolverine; with the film glossing over the 2029 date of logan seemingly intentionally im thinking that this is even a further removed branch wherein similar events that occurred in the film logan happened, just a little earlier on the timeline; this can explain how in 2024 this branch can be affected by logans death 5 years later, as its actually happened in the main anchor "root" timeline and therefore all associated branches will eventually die off; this also doesnt provide an explanation as to how he couldnt just bring logan back in time before he is killed within the same branch but might account for the lack of domino and cable; this can also explain how an older x-23 variant can exist, as she stands out among the variants as being the only one we've seen previously in another x-men film that was supposed to be set within the same universe from the outset as opposed to characters like johnny storm or elektra who were always from separate timelines
I agree with your point about
Laura being the odd one out of the other resistance members so I'm assuming wade and Vanessa died in the original timeline but cable went back in time to save wade who in turn created a branch by saving Venessa who he went to the MCU in the first place (btw does this canonise the trailer reacts to Fall guy and Cruella?) before he went back to earth 100005?

Someone tell Primestar3 on the Marvel wiki Talk page for Earth-10005 his "overwritten timeline" theory is full of shit lmao.
On-screen evidence and narrative implications trump headcanon, Blindmelonken (unless the new movie changed things). Even Marvel Handbook writers acknowledge that realities can sometimed merge ans be overwritten by one another via time travel.

So, now, in 2024, there is two Logan and two X-23 living together in FoX-Men-verse (The failed Wolverine and X-23's variant), right?

In 2029, FoX-Men-verse's Logan will die (Logan movie).

Deadpool and Wolverine is in 2024.

X-23 is 6 years old in 2024, she's born in 2018. The variant probably has 19 years old (Dafne Keen's current age).

So, when Logan die, in 2029, there will be other Logan (failed Wolverine) alive somewhere, so this one will become the new X-Men Universe's anchor, right?
This is the only logical interpretation. I don't see a point in making it convoluted.

This is the only logical interpretation. I don't see a point in making it convoluted.
That makes sense to me. IF 616 Scarlett Witch was an anchor and died it would be reasonable that 1602 What If... Scarlet Witch could then be the anchor even though the 1602 character is technically existing 400 years earlier, the branch still exists in the 'present' Ik shes a nexus being not an anchor but for the sake of examples.

TBH seems like multiple explanations would work if they decided to ever elaborate in the future...

Back