Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 3)

I do agree either you that some "Inspired By" comics can be canon. This timeline doesn't include those currently though.
personally i like to only include what's added here already as they were the ones included in the mcu comic omnibus

James Gunn is an idiot when it comes to canon, frankly. Remember when he said Agent Carter (and all of MTV) wasn't canon? Yeah.
It's different this time, he Is talking about his guardians sub series. He should know what he does, he Even sayed in the next text that he can talk only about guardians, not for other series.

If he Isn't reliable about HIS series we can take as unreliable the claims to other comics...

Also saying they aren't Canon without Reading them sounds to me Like the people Who says AoS Isn't Canon without watching a single episode of It.

It's different this time, he Is talking about his guardians sub series. He should know what he does, he Even sayed in the next text that he can talk only about guardians, not for other series.

If he Isn't reliable about HIS series we can take as unreliable the claims to other comics...

Also saying they aren't Canon without Reading them sounds to me Like the people Who says AoS Isn't Canon without watching a single episode of It.
He also thought I Am Groot was non-canon, and that's part of the Guardians franchise. He's not just wrong, he's actually just completely stupid and inept at canon.

Basically, Guardians tie-in comic is canon, Gunn is factually wrong. I know you don't disagree by the way, but I'm just saying that that comic still holds more weight than the non-contradicting inspired comics.

He also thought I Am Groot was non-canon, and that's part of the Guardians franchise. He's not just wrong, he's actually just completely stupid and inept at canon.

Basically, Guardians tie-in comic is canon, Gunn is factually wrong. I know you don't disagree by the way, but I'm just saying that that comic still holds more weight than the non-contradicting inspired comics.
That's the point, if he Is unreliable with HIS series, then we can have same doubts about the other comics not Red stamp and Red stamp included.

And this Is still a valid point.

In my opinion we should "study" all the inspired comics. To see which can and can't be Canon. Even so the movies and TV series rarely reference the comics both inspired and not inspired so it's hard for them to be contradicted.

this isn't quite the same argument as pro bot explained, any comic released without the red stamp was never intended to be canon in the first place but canon-adjacent, agents of shield was always made to be within canon from the outset; with this logic any number of marvel comics that have enough resemblance to the mcu could be considered canon which obviously isnt the case

this isn't quite the same argument as pro bot explained, any comic released without the red stamp was never intended to be canon in the first place but canon-adjacent, agents of shield was always made to be within canon from the outset; with this logic any number of marvel comics that have enough resemblance to the mcu could be considered canon which obviously isnt the case
Which Is why i Say to read and analize them. The AoS comic explicit sayed that It's set After 1x12.

Fast Friends Is in line with the I Am Iron Man! Adaptation.

Fury's Files Is in line with S.H.I.E.L.D. being brought into the game to hunt Hulk from the incredibile Hulk

The big picture Is in line with Hulk's origins.

The Avengers Mark VII motion comic Is perfectly in line with the whole phase I.

Doesn't look like a "comic that wasn't never intended to be Canon to me"

Also never sayed that every inspired by comic Is Canon. The Nick Fury One obviosly Isn't.

I'm Just saying that we should have a more specific argument to excluded them than "guy X sayed no".

What Is inside a media Is more important than what Is outside.

With all this sayed i ask u, what are the IN-UNIVERSE continuity errors that these comics have?

I'm Reading them and tbh didn't found anything that Is contradicted by movies or series.

And again Even the Red stamp comics aren't referenced by movies, infact they went to adapting movies most of the time.

I'm Sorry but excluding them coz One guy X sayed nope Isn't Enough for me. I want REAL reasons.

And again I'm giving IN-UNIVERSE reasons on why SOME of them can be included, While the only thing against them are guy X sayed no....

Anyway i think i gave Enough Good reasons. Starvel Will surely get to his conclusions and decide if they can be Canon or not.

Last edited:
That's a valid argument, and I could get behind that. My only point was that the red stamp comics are immovable, solid 100% canon compared to the fluid nature of the inspired line of MCU comics.

There's also many sponsored comics, like that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one we're discussing. I suppose I could ask around for if anyone has a list of which Inspired By comics can fit, probably on the wiki discord later I guess? Seeing as they count those as "canon".

I wonder if that Age of Ultron prequel zombie manga can be canon, lol.

The reason "inspired by" comics are not on the timeline is because Will Corona Pilgrim explicitly said those are not canon. Only the red stamp ones are canon.

In addition to that, the MCU guidebooks explicitly noted the red stamp comics as canon, but not the inspired by comics.

If you guys want to read the sponsored comics, some of them are not the easiest to get hands on. I own Iron Man 2: Security Breach and Spider-Man: Them's The Break. The only one that I could not find at all (aside from a few pages) is Spider-Man: Morning Rush. Been a while since I read the sponsored and inspired by comics, so I can't recall anything related to continuity errors, except for Fury's Eyepatch in Spys like Us and Jarvis looking different in Public Identity (though that comic counts as canon and is included here)

That's a valid argument, and I could get behind that. My only point was that the red stamp comics are immovable, solid 100% canon compared to the fluid nature of the inspired line of MCU comics.

There's also many sponsored comics, like that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one we're discussing. I suppose I could ask around for if anyone has a list of which Inspired By comics can fit, probably on the wiki discord later I guess? Seeing as they count those as "canon".

i didn't reached age of ultron yet, but i don't think those manga can be canon.

The reason "inspired by" comics are not on the timeline is because Will Corona Pilgrim explicitly said those are not canon. Only the red stamp ones are canon.

In addition to that, the MCU guidebooks explicitly noted the red stamp comics as canon, but not the inspired by comics.

I'm Sorry but excluding them coz One guy X sayed nope Isn't Enough for me. I want REAL reasons.

I'm asking for IN-UNIVERSE reasons, people saying that isn't enough for me. If they can fit they fit, if not they don't.

If you guys want to read the sponsored comics, some of them are not the easiest to get hands on. I own Iron Man 2: Security Breach and Spider-Man: Them's The Break. The only one that I could not find at all (aside from a few pages) is Spider-Man: Morning Rush. Been a while since I read the sponsored and inspired by comics, so I can't recall anything related to continuity errors, except for Fury's Eyepatch in Spys like Us and Jarvis looking different in Public Identity (though that comic counts as canon and is included here)
spies like us is definetly not canon. Captain Marvel retconned it.

if u go on PC on the wiki's main page go on the comics section, after all the red stamp comics they have all the inspired by comics that can be canon.

I'm asking for IN-UNIVERSE reasons, people saying that isn't enough for me. If they can fit they fit, if not they don't.

I'm just throwing out there why we shouldn't just add things to the timeline, because they don't contradict anything. There's some animated Guardians of the Galaxy shorts that don't contradict anything, but that doesn't mean they should be canon.

I'm just throwing out there why we shouldn't just add things to the timeline, because they don't contradict anything. There's some animated Guardians of the Galaxy shorts that don't contradict anything, but that doesn't mean they should be canon.
The difference is that the Inspired By comics are meant to fit into the MCU timeline, they just aren't strict canon.

Made scans of Security Breach some time ago, maybe I still have them and can post them if that comic is still lost (it was when I posted about the "Lost MCU Comics" on the MCU Wiki in 2022)

Also, I forgot to mention Thor: Rescue, that's also lost except for a few pages (mostly without ink and lettering)

The difference is that the Inspired By comics are meant to fit into the MCU timeline, they just aren't strict canon.
Titan Consumed is meant to fit into the MCU timeline. Moreso, it was intended to be MCU canon. But we didn't add that to the timeline either

MCU.pngMCU 2.pngMCU 3.png

NOTE: While not here, the Cap & Thor comic is considered 50% canon. Only the cap story in that comic is considered canon by the wiki.

that ones are in the Guardians of the galaxy/ Marvel's Spider-Man/ Avengers Assemble cartoon universe.

Latest posts

Back