Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm forgetting any Obama references in the shows… was it just Runaways? I also don't remember anything from Avengers except Jay Carney appeared on the news, which doesn't really count since he could have been anyones Press Sec.

Obama was referenced as a cultural figure in Luke Cage, and Captain America is shown having a copy of his biography in one of the Avengers movies. In Runaways one of the characters says to their parents "you havent had a date since the Obama Administration" which firmly confirms that Obama was president at some point.
Another unanswered question: if Trump won in 2016, did he get snapped? Doesn't really matter, just something to think about.

Hard to know really, It depends what future movies show. I always felt that a lot of Trumps administration makes sense in the MCU, With the snap taking the place of the pandemic
EDIT: I just looked up some older posts on the topic. Another theory to work with is having Obama run in 04 and beating Bush, then losing to Ellis in 08.
Could work, however the biggest difficulty with that is that Obama's political career was in a very different place in 2004, although Hydra could have manipulated to it. I chose to go with my theory as to me it seems like the MCU timeline is very similar to our own, particularly before the events of Iron Man 1. So I always think its best to stick as close as possible to real world events unless otherwise stated.
Is there any evidence as to which party Ellis is from? Because that theory really only works if he's a republican, and your impeachment theory definitely only works if he's a democrat.
From memory, no. He is portrayed as a pretty bland "generic movie President". Personally I like to think he is a pretty centrist politician, and that Hydra selected him because he was seen as being a bit of a dupe, easy to manipulate. This means that, post-Winter Soldier, his innocence would have been proven but his reputation would have been ruined. So he could continue the rest of his term with his tail between his legs

Could work, however the biggest difficulty with that is that Obama's political career was in a very different place in 2004, although Hydra could have manipulated to it. I chose to go with my theory as to me it seems like the MCU timeline is very similar to our own, particularly before the events of Iron Man 1. So I always think its best to stick as close as possible to real world events unless otherwise stated.

Our Obama, yes. But you could pretend that MCU Obama is a little older, or at least started his political career earlier in life.

Our Obama, yes. But you could pretend that MCU Obama is a little older, or at least started his political career earlier in life.
Could work, does make the "havent had a date since the obama administration" line even bleaker however, as that would mean they hadn't had a date night for almost a decade, which damn.

Another idea to explain the "Obama elected four years early" idea was due to a younger less politically experienced Obama would be easier to control? their algorhythm would have predicted he would become president eventually anyway, so better to make a time when they can manipulate him more easily.

Building off this theory, maybe they did this to Obama to get rid of Dick Cheney, who was himself allegedly quite paranoid and closely linked with the CIA, whereas Hydra would have wanted SHIELD to have a more prominent position over the CIA itself.

Anyway, this is all speculative, but yeah as a more simple timeline we could go with

2000-2004: George Bush
2004-2008: Barack Obama
2008-2016: Matthew Ellis (which would make him republican?)
2016-2018/2020: Donald Trump

The Stark Expo things, 1974, 2010, the cardco things, etc, aren't they on a Blu Ray? Mine are in storage right now, so I can't check. Someone was asking me, and I don't see it listed on dvdrewind. Pretty sure they were on the Iron Man 2 two Disc set, am I mis-remembering?

Obama was never President

Granted, much has passed since this video was made, but he covers a lot of the evidence to suggest that Ellis had two terms and Obama had none. I will also reiterate what I have said for years. Runaways was not originally and MCU show. It became an MCU show at the last minute, which is why the Obama Administration line got through.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Spider-Man: Far From Home - "Audi Presents: Science Fair"

Doesn't he have his Far From Home ending suit in this? So it'd have to be after? Heck, it'd have to be during the ending of the film with a presumed time skip between getting back from the trip and his identity being revealed because he's still at school but his identity is still unknown.

The show looks awsome, starts streaming on June 8th, but definitley i will be more focussed on Obi-Wan Kenobi so well (nobody cares actually lmao

Last edited:
I feel like they are unsure if Ms Marvel will sell right out of the gate which is why we are getting this trailer before even a Thor 4 teaser, something we should have gotten at least a month ago.

Spider-Man: Far From Home - "Audi Presents: Science Fair"

Doesn't he have his Far From Home ending suit in this? So it'd have to be after? Heck, it'd have to be during the ending of the film with a presumed time skip between getting back from the trip and his identity being revealed because he's still at school but his identity is still unknown.
His identity is revealed like a week after coming back from Europe, so school hasn't started yet.

I don't like her powers.
The faraway shot of her jump through the night sky (right after she says "Cosmic") showed her body stretching. It's hard to see, but I think the "purple energy" powers mutate her body by the end of the season.

Latest posts

Back