Alien vs. Predator - Timeline

Based on how long it takes to travel from Earth to Jupiter (1 year), Outland would probably take place in the 2030s. The Weyland timeline (which isn't 100% reliable tbf) states that Hypersleep was invented in 2030 (I feel like it would be part of Blade Runner but I guess it's fine?). FTL travel was discovered in 2032 and was first used in 2035. I suppose you could claim that Outland would take place anywhere from 2030 to, say, 2045, since hypersleep exists but FTL travel isn't highly utilised. They didn't have to arrive at Lo in 2030 technically, since arguably they could have lived a whole year to get there. O'Niel's son in the movie has never seen Earth in person.

Just thought I'd note that.

Why do you dislike the Buffyverse Connection? Also isn't Battlestar Galactica (the newer one( connected to Blade Runner?

coz the wayland logo appears before wayland is founded.
Not quite.

Weyland Industries (AVP) exists.
Weyland Corporation (Prometheus) doesn't exist.
Weyland-Yutani Corporation (Alien) doesn't exist.

It is the Weyland-Yutani Corporation that is featured in Angel. I don't think it was a logo either, I think they were connected with a corrupt law firm.

Not quite.

Weyland Industries (AVP) exists.
Weyland Corporation (Prometheus) doesn't exist.
Weyland-Yutani Corporation (Alien) doesn't exist.

It is the Weyland-Yutani Corporation that is featured in Angel. I don't think it was a logo either, I think they were connected with a corrupt law firm.
How does that with Weyland Industries and Corp work anyway?

How does that with Weyland Industries and Corp work anyway?
Weyland Industries was founded by Charles Bishop Weyland prior to 2004. Weyland Corporation was founded by Peter Weyland in 2012. Weyland Corp was absorbed by the Yutani Corporation in 2099.

Peter Weyland might have absorbed the assets of the prior company, but we don't have much information about the specifics of that time period for Weyland (2004-2012). Peter did develop a synthetic treatment for some kind of lung disease in the same month AVP takes place, which might be related to Charles Weyland's condition.

1720307435961-png.2304

The Terminator
-crossed over with AVP for a sequel comic to Alien: Resurrection. Only Terminator 1-2 would probably count for the main AVP timeline hypothetically.
More on that, based on the comics released by Dark Horse at the time, I'd argue that the canon material for Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator would probably have been:

1984 - The Terminator
1995 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1998 - The Terminator: Death Valley #1-4
1999 - The Terminator: The Dark Years #1-4
2000 - Superman versus The Terminator: Death to the Future #1-4
2381 - Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator #1-4
+hypothetically every Alien and Predator comic released at that time (from 1988-2000)

Yeah, that Superman crossover is connected to Death Valley. It is what it is. I guess you could argue that it's the same Superman from the AVP crossovers in the universe exclusive to the AVPVT crossover, but they definitely didn't think that hard about these things.

Last edited:
thanks for laying it out like this; maybe the future yutani tech derived from the predator gun in 2004 leads to massive leaps in building construction? lol
That, and also the fact that Scarface's gear was repurposed by the humans after he was exiled for failing to take his own life in the intro mission of Predator: Concrete Jungle, given that we see what New Way City/Neonpolis looks like by 2030.

Back