What year(s) are the Batman: Year One movie and the DC Showcase: Catwomen short set in?

it's referenced but become a loose canon comic. It's fully canon only in the Millerverse and during the post-crisis era.
infinite frontier fully embraced hypertime at last, so it ALL happened. honestly loving the kinda doctor who-ish "it's all canon" approach to canon these days

Sure, now it's impossible, since I'm not at home, when I'll come back you Will see.
curious how you handle the mini reboots between crisis and flashpoint. i made a rough reading order once and the superboy prime punch was a real pain, as much as i love the goofy plot element of a lore breaking punch. at least they make for a good plot reason for all those different Superman origins

curious how you handle the mini reboots between crisis and flashpoint. i made a rough reading order once and the superboy prime punch was a real pain, as much as i love the goofy plot element of a lore breaking punch. at least they make for a good plot reason for all those different Superman origins
You Mean post-crisis and 52?

Oh, for the Superman origins I Will put them Like if they are all Canon for simplicity sake, cos I don't want to become an Arkham Asylum interm myself.

infinite frontier fully embraced hypertime at last, so it ALL happened. honestly loving the kinda doctor who-ish "it's all canon" approach to canon these days
Actually about Doctor Who, I'm helping Dego with the tie-in Canon media, for the Classic series. (Yes I watched 40ish episode of Doctor Who and the First two serials of season 2. I got to the point where Vicky joins).

All-Star Batman and Robin (awful comic) is a prequel to TDKR and is set in the present day despite TDKR being definitely set in 1986. So, any timeline of (comics) Earth-31 would have to use non-calandar years.

Also, I love that "Goddamn Batman" is on the Villains wiki. No wonder Dick became the new Joker in that continuity. :p

All-Star Batman and Robin (awful comic) is a prequel to TDKR and is set in the present day despite TDKR being definitely set in 1986. So, any timeline of (comics) Earth-31 would have to use non-calandar years.

Also, I love that "Goddamn Batman" is on the Villains wiki. No wonder Dick became the new Joker in that continuity. :p
I haven't read those comics but I have just looked up the page in Villains Wiki and OMG! What's wrong with that Batman?!?!?!

Whaaat? There's nothing wrong with kidnapping an orphan and forcing them to kill and eat rodents in a cold, dark cave. Nothing at all.

Love that one of his hobbies is humiliating the Justice League too. You can tell that the writer had fun with that page.

Virgin Batman - "I am vengeance, I am the knight, I am Batman!"

vs

Chad Goddamn Batman - "What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!"

Funny how All-Star Batman Is One of the worst adaptations of a character, While All-Star Superman Is One of the best adaptations of a character.

Last edited:
What does the floating Millerverse timeline look like in 2024?
Well, the future is the present, the past is the present, and the present is the present. It doesn't really have any science to it. Best to just look at it as Batman's timeline, starting with Year 1 (Year One) to Year 31 (TDKR) onwards.

So it's something like this

1995: Year One
1996 Superman: Year One
2024: TDKR
2025: All Star Batman and Robin

is it something like that?

ASB&R is set before The Dark Knight Returns. I'll do a list later when I'm not busy. Don't try and make it a sliding timeline like that though because it doesn't work. It's impossible because the stories jump around time constantly yet are always set around their release date.

In 2024, there's no way to know when the present day is set. Unlike with Marvel which is always in the present day, it could be any of the comics that are set in 2024.

Latest posts

Back