Ultimatum series discussion [spoilers]

Of COURSE it's Wolverine. Look at the bottom right. You can see his ****ing claw skeleton which is odd because I thought Wolverine didn't have BONE CLAWSoh who am I kidding. Like continuity means anything. And his death is so pathetically 'foreshadowed' (It's not foreshadowing because you mention it four times).

And Wolverine survived just being a HEAD.

A HEAD.

But that was in another Ultimate comic (which stated his mutant power is to 'survive' - i.e. not die until he's unprofitable) so it's being ignored because... y'know.

Of COURSE it's Wolverine. Look at the bottom right. You can see his ****ing claw skeleton which is odd because I thought Wolverine didn't have BONE CLAWSoh who am I kidding. Like continuity means anything. And his death is so pathetically 'foreshadowed' (It's not foreshadowing because you mention it four times).

A HEAD.

But that was in another Ultimate comic (which stated his mutant power is to 'survive' - i.e. not die until he's unprofitable) so it's being ignored because... y'know.

Another version of Cable/Wolverine came back and switched bodies like he did with the Prof!

Another version of Cable/Wolverine came back and switched bodies like he did with the Prof!

quesadaapproves.jpg

it's wolverine

couple weeks back marvel sent an image to IGN with Wolverine by Dell'Otto, and it said "The End" in exactly the same font

Considering Ultimate X-Men is going away, who really cares if Wolverine dies?

I'm guessing since he's supposed to be the origin of mutants or some bull**** like that, his death is going to be an easy, stupid way to have mutations just disappear.

it's wolverine

couple weeks back marvel sent an image to IGN with Wolverine by Dell'Otto, and it said "The End" in exactly the same font

Find the image. Please? :)

Yea, and Loeb has officially destroyed the UU. What should be done is a real restart. Stop killing characters... Just get your **** straight, Ultimate Marvel.

I mean god, is it that difficult to make sure that four titles correspond with each other?

Last edited:

A HEAD.

Let's also not forget that Wolverine before being just a head actually survived a close-range nuclear blast that would vaporize regular human beings.

About Jean not looking very emotional, so what? Beast died and there is no indication of any emotional impact on Storm. That's Loeb to you.

Last edited:
Find the image. Please? :)

Yea, and Loeb has officially destroyed the UU. What should be done is a real restart. Stop killing characters... Just get your **** straight, Ultimate Marvel.

I mean god, is it that difficult to make sure that four titles correspond with each other?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/997/997244p1.html

You know who can keep 4 titles straight

Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning

War of Kings, Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, and War of Kings: Ascension, and they're all awesome. Take that Loeb/Bendis/Coleite/Pokaski

A HEAD.

To be fair all of that stuff is really stupid, so Loeb ignoring it isn't a big deal (the Wolverine head was able to talk Nick Fury, that makes no sense). Also frankly I'm sick of Wolverine in general, so it wouldn't bother me if a version of him died off.

The problem is, as we have seen from past evidence, there is a 99.999999% chance that Wolverine's death will be really lame, not heroic or epic or in anyway interesting.

Last edited:
Scene:

Wolverine and company are fighting Magneto, evil death wave, and spooky Dr. Strange Ghosts. The are losing the fight, but not do to lack of strength or of will, but from the oppressive writing of Loeb. Wolverine, borrowing from 616 She-Hulk, senses that the reader is the victim that no one is caring about, has Hulk, Colossus, Spider-Ham, Hawk-Owl and Woody (both Pixar and Ultimate) through him (Wolverine) straight through the brain of the reader, ending his (the readers) misery.

All mourn the loss of Wolverine by going on strike against Loeb. With no charecters willing to die pointlessly, Loeb packs up his knives, becomes the weakest link, and is fired.

End Scene

oh man...

I just remembered the UXM/UFF UFF/UXM annuals that were supposed to tie into this.

and all of a sudden I'm afraid that they're gonna kill off Wolverine and then make new sentinels based on him.

And then Sue is gonna turn into an evil despot and depower all the mutants and Reed is going to escape to the Negative Zone and pose as the new Nihlus and Scott Summers is gonna be depowered and take up the mantle of Captain American History X after Captain America dies.

:scared: :panic: :eek: :scared: :panic: :eek: :scared: :panic: :eek:

Oh no wait, Loeb doesn't resolve dangling plot lines, he just ignores them.

Who the heck was the Holiday Killer?!!

oh man...

I just remembered the UXM/UFF UFF/UXM annuals that were supposed to tie into this.

and all of a sudden I'm afraid that they're gonna kill off Wolverine and then make new sentinels based on him.

And then Sue is gonna turn into an evil despot and depower all the mutants and Reed is going to escape to the Negative Zone and pose as the new Nihlus and Scott Summers is gonna be depowered and take up the mantle of Captain American History X after Captain America dies.

:scared: :panic: :eek: :scared: :panic: :eek: :scared: :panic: :eek:

Oh no wait, Loeb doesn't resolve dangling plot lines, he just ignores them.

Who the heck was the Holiday Killer?!!

I'm pretty sure Gilda was...then Alberto...and then Harvey Dent for the last two murders.

I'm pretty sure Gilda was...then Alberto...and then Harvey Dent for the last two murders.

It's not that clear...

anyway

I went to my LCS today and picked up some Spider-Man stuff. I thought ASM #600 and Ultimatum #5 were supposed to come out this past Wed (I'm not up to date on all of Marvel's delays). The owner of the shop said ASM is next week and Ultimatum #5 isn't next week.

I laughed and said "What a train wreck!"

To which he replied, "Yeah, I know. The story has been good, I just wish they could release it on time!"
:?

I don't understand

It's not that clear...

anyway

I went to my LCS today and picked up some Spider-Man stuff. I thought ASM #600 and Ultimatum #5 were supposed to come out this past Wed (I'm not up to date on all of Marvel's delays). The owner of the shop said ASM is next week and Ultimatum #5 isn't next week.

I laughed and said "What a train wreck!"

To which he replied, "Yeah, I know. The story has been good, I just wish they could release it on time!"
:?

I don't understand

He's Canadian and so are you.

Latest posts

Back