Ultimate Marvel Team-ups

Have you read the Ultimate Team-ups?

• Yes

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just finished reading the Spidey/X-Men "Team-up", and just wondering, where the hell is Iceman?! I mean, this is obviously before The RTWX arc, since Beast isn't covered in blue fur, and of course is after the first arc. There's somethin' up with Bendis and the use of no Iceman.

Just an Iceman fanboy rant. :D

icemastertron said:
But, what would be cool is that the idea of Peter going to the BB, would be great 'crossover' (no pun intended) for him to go into UFF. He could go do an article on them, or something, and then of course have the "Don't go here if you want to live because of the traps that NO ONE CAN EVER PASS. NO ONE!", and somehow work it that Peter still goes there, and passes it like nothing, the FF find Spidey there, and Spidey can be like "I...uh..want to join you! Yeah, join your group!".

I think I've posted before about this, but yeah, I'd like to see an Ultimization of that story. Peter needs money or something, thinks he can come into a nice payday by joining the FF. If anything it would be nice to see it done with more "modern" dialogue - could be funny.

UltimateE said:
I think I've posted before about this, but yeah, I'd like to see an Ultimization of that story. Peter needs money or something, thinks he can come into a nice payday by joining the FF. If anything it would be nice to see it done with more "modern" dialogue - could be funny.
You know, both our ideas can be done together, and still be pulled off. Peter needs money, but doesnt want to say. So he wants to try and join the FF. He than has to "do an article for the bugle", or can talk into actually doing it (either or), and then boom, we know the rest.

8)

Just finished with the UMTU HC. The Spider-Man Special I thought was excellent. The speech Peter gave, written really well.

Now, the page after the X-Men shot in the night, was that supposed to be Iceman? Looked too "kiddish" (the art style), and didn't like it.

The Captain said:
so can someone tell me what issues are in the 3rd tpb? it is sold out everywhere ive tried to find it.

The issues collected in the 3rd volume of UMTU are #14-16 and the Super Special. #14 is the Black Widow team-up (which also features her recruitment into SHIELD), and #15 and 16 are the Shang-Chi team-up. The Super Special features appearances by just about everybody in the Ultimate Universe.

icemastertron said:
Now, the page after the X-Men shot in the night, was that supposed to be Iceman? Looked too "kiddish" (the art style), and didn't like it.

I've always wondered about that. I just assumed it was Iceman, but why focus on him? Not that its a bad thing, just wondering. Was it a harkening back to the first UXM arc where someone threw a bottle at him after the X-Men rescued him from the Sentinels maybe? I don't know. At one point I even wondered if he could possibly be an Ultimate Silver Surfer, but since we never saw that happen (until Ultimate Extinction anyway) I figured it was unlikely. I just found it strange how they'd focus solely on Iceman in that section as opposed to him being a part of the X-Men.

DIrishB said:
I've always wondered about that. I just assumed it was Iceman, but why focus on him? Not that its a bad thing, just wondering. Was it a harkening back to the first UXM arc where someone threw a bottle at him after the X-Men rescued him from the Sentinels maybe? I don't know. At one point I even wondered if he could possibly be an Ultimate Silver Surfer, but since we never saw that happen (until Ultimate Extinction anyway) I figured it was unlikely. I just found it strange how they'd focus solely on Iceman in that section as opposed to him being a part of the X-Men.
Its cuz Bendis has something with Iceman.

I tell ya, there's either a conspiracy with BMB not using him with the X-Men (which there a lot of places), or he's just that damn forgetfull. :p

DIrishB said:
The issues collected in the 3rd volume of UMTU are #14-16 and the Super Special. #14 is the Black Widow team-up (which also features her recruitment into SHIELD), and #15 and 16 are the Shang-Chi team-up. The Super Special features appearances by just about everybody in the Ultimate Universe.

well damn, so the 1st tpb has the spidey/daredevil/punisher team up?

icemastertron said:
No, that team up was issue #6-8, which are printed in TPB.

Wait, you're gonna confuse him. The Ultimate Marvel Team-Up TPBs were printed strangely. The first volume collects UMTU #1-5, the second collects UMTU #9-13 (completely skipping #6-8), and the third collects #14-16 and the Super Special. Why they didn't collect #6-8 is beyond me. However, they did collect #6-8, along with all the rest of the issues (all 16) and the Super Special in the HARDCOVER. So if you collect TPBs, you'll have to buy these issues individually, if you collect the HCs, just pick it up as it has all of them in it. Just wanted to clear that up as the way Ice made it sound they were collected in trade paperback, which is not the case, they're collected in the hardcover though.

DIrishB said:
Wait, you're gonna confuse him. The Ultimate Marvel Team-Up TPBs were printed strangely. The first volume collects UMTU #1-5, the second collects UMTU #9-13 (completely skipping #6-8), and the third collects #14-16 and the Super Special. Why they didn't collect #6-8 is beyond me. However, they did collect #6-8, along with all the rest of the issues (all 16) and the Super Special in the HARDCOVER. So if you collect TPBs, you'll have to buy these issues individually, if you collect the HCs, just pick it up as it has all of them in it. Just wanted to clear that up as the way Ice made it sound they were collected in trade paperback, which is not the case, they're collected in the hardcover though.

There was news a while ago (might have even been in the solits; I don't remember) that they would be finally collecting 6-8 in TPB.

And reportedly, the reason they were excluded was because they were not kid-friendly.

UltimateE said:
And reportedly, the reason they were excluded was because they were not kid-friendly.
That's what I just don't get. If it's not 'kid-friendly', then why even have it in the series? :roll:

UltimateE said:
There was news a while ago (might have even been in the solits; I don't remember) that they would be finally collecting 6-8 in TPB.

No kidding? So is it going to be UMTU Vol. 4, or UMTU Vol. 1.5 or something? Oh well, least they're collecting it.

I can understand that, but it wasn't too bad in terms of violence/adult themes. And if this is how they felt why collect it in the HC? Ehhh, whatever.

icemastertron said:
That's what I just don't get. If it's not 'kid-friendly', then why even have it in the series?

Because Bendis is the master at doing "things that make you go 'hhmmmmm....'"

DIrishB said:
No kidding? So is it going to be UMTU Vol. 4, or UMTU Vol. 1.5 or something? Oh well, least they're collecting it.

Good question. I don't have any idea. I'm trying really hard to remember where that report came from, but give me a break it's not even 10 AM yet. :wink:

DIrishB said:
I can understand that, but it wasn't too bad in terms of violence/adult themes. And if this is how they felt why collect it in the HC? Ehhh, whatever.

Dunno...maybe they thought kids would be less likely to spend $40 on a book than $9 or $10.

Regardless, it seems like they realize now that it's kind of dumb.

Just because I like to give the info, Best of Spider-Man Vol. 1 has UMTU # 6-8 in it. One of the weirdest choices to put in a best of spidey but I'm not comlaining.

Latest posts

Back