Teen Titans series discussion *Spoilers*

Patriot Mk2 said:
ReallY? I thought it was the best. The point (IMO) was that they had to stay a team or the world would become like that, hence facilitating the Silver Age revival.

Perhaps it was Superboy taking out the tower that was the major changing point in the crisis? If the Titans had split, he &Cassie wouldn't have been there to fight at the Tower.

I believe so, I believe that in the Tomorrow continuity, they disbanded after the adventure with the Legion, so they didn't help save the world. Especially, now that the Bat is more like his "Hairy chested love machine" era (Morrison's words, not mine), I don't think the Tomorrow world will exist. I feel if it was only created to keep the team together and help save the world, wonderful. If it was written to be future cannon...then it's a terrible idea.

skotti-chan said:
I believe so, I believe that in the Tomorrow continuity, they disbanded after the adventure with the Legion, so they didn't help save the world. Especially, now that the Bat is more like his "Hairy chested love machine" era (Morrison's words, not mine), I don't think the Tomorrow world will exist. I feel if it was only created to keep the team together and help save the world, wonderful. If it was written to be future cannon...then it's a terrible idea.

But regardless, certain things are unescapable even with them staying together... Superboy Prime would have killed Superboy regardless of the standing of the Titans... Thus giving Robin yet another death to dedicate his life to avenging. Keep in mind, in the past year of DC continuity, War Games killed his girlfriend, Identity Crisis killed his dad, and Infinite Crisis killed his best friend... all giving him the push to ascend into Batman's role eventually...

I promise you that Robin will be snapped out of the path he's on right now, but not until he's confronted by Batman, or to an extreme, the future Tim Drake Batman. (Johns did hint that we havent seen the last of the Titans Tomorrow Universe)

And here is the actual excerpt from the comics (I had it backwards):

ROBIN: -nnff- What did it, Conner? What changed you?
SUPERMAN (Conner): What changed me? You did.

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
Here's a reminder to everybody from "Titans Tomorrow" the story-arc where they met the crazy Tim Drake Batman from the future...

(this is from memory, feel free to correct)

SUPERBOY: What could make you think this was okay? What could have turned you into this?

BATMAN: ...You did.

In that future, Robin suceeded in cloning him, probably with Luthor's help

So here's another prediction, Tim figures out that if he got Luthor's help, he would be able to bring back Conner... but Bruce stops him.

Because in Titans Tomorrow, Batman died during Crisis...

So yeah...

Something to think about.

hmn. someone look at the other grave stones in that cemetery and post if any of the names are those of the heros that went with Batman into space.

Booster said Batman failed to find the satellite, maybe that would mean that Batman died in spizzace.

You know all this talk of Robin atempting to ressurect superboy and the Titans of Tomorrow arc has made me think of something. The Lazarus Pit. Remember in the Titans of Tomorrow arc Betty Kane (Flamebird/Bat-woman in that timeline) had died and been brought back thanks to a deal Robin/Batman makes with Ras' Al'Gul. Now we don't know if he's returned yet (My money says no since BoP had Talia still a leading member of the socity. I doubt daddy'd let her continue to abuse The Demon's Head like that.) But what if one of the things that his helped Tim with was the return of Superboy. We already knew that Luthor had a much closer relationship with his offspring (speaking of Lex was that Lex or Alex in that arc? I'm pretty sure they did the old fasioned Blue eyes/green eyes to let us know after the fact but I'm much to lazy to go check), and if a Luthor/Al'Gul team-up couldn't restore a clone then who could?

So that was a complete flow of thought, but nhey, I think there might be an ide or two hidden in it. I really don't want Conner to come back, even though I dug the character (atleast the Teen Titans incarnation of him), but seeing Tim try so desperatly to bring him back... Not like he'd be the same person anyway. He'd have no memories. It'd be a giant kryptonian-hybrid baby with potential for great good or evil... Bizzaro?

Dr.Strangefate said:
I totally have a crush on Kid Devil...

I got a flame joke circling around somewhere in my head... :lol:

But seriously---I'm really not impressed with this series at all.

Victor Von Doom said:
I got a flame joke circling around somewhere in my head... :lol:

But seriously---I'm really not impressed with this series at all.
Well, it has only been one issue for OYL, hasn't it? Give it 2 more and if you're still not digging it drop it.

Its the second issue in

I'm intrigued about Red Devil. What's the actual deal with the calling

And it seems to me that Ravenger will be a traitor, which doesn't sit well with me.

ProjectX2 said:
Was it OYL?
Nope. It happened just befor IC6.

And the last two issues were a little too crisis supplemental for my taste. I'm glad they've gotten back to the young team dynamic with the first OYL issue.

The Chief of the Doom Patrol is a ****.

I mean he's being written here like the most controlling jerkwad ever. I don't know if that fits with the other renditions of him over time, but damn did I just want to reach into the book and slap the man.

Kid Devil is the man!

The book is finally picking up and I'm digging it.

I'm still waiting for the inevitable fight between Deathstroke's daughter and WonderGirl.

Hmmmmmm...:?

The cover to #37 is all about Kid Devil "waking up" and wrecking stuff old skool. Instead the Kid isn't even in the issue except for a few pages....and its all talk.

Brief Summary:
Teen Titans and Doom Patrol join forces to beat the Brotherhood...all while arguing about how each team is better. Titans and Doom save the day......but the Brain's new body is breaking down at the cellular level. Mallah grabs Brain and climbs the Eiffel Tower. They watch the sunset/rise and tell each other how much they love each other. Mallah rips Brain's head off and disappears with the head. Later we see Brain is put back in his mechanical body.

Cut to the Doom Patrol HQ. The Chief bad talks the Titans and uses some pretty weak psychology on KD and offers Kid Devil a place on the Doom Patrol. The Doom Patrol and Titans eavesdrop on the conversation and set things straight. Chief tries to argue about how much they need him....but Beast Boy's dad steps in and lays down the law. Chief can be on the team still......but he is not the leader.

Back at Titan Tower Cyborg is going thru his security recordings while he was outta commision. Basically it all boils down to him being the rock of the team. Cassie decides that if Cyborg will stay....she will too. She leaves to find Robin and tell him the news. She finds Robin in his "Batcave" still trying to clone Conner. No such luck. He has an emotional breakdown and says he misses Conner. Cassie consoles him saying that she misses him too. Robin and Cassie kiss. They both stop and are in shock. Cassie flies off and Robin just stares at Conner's shirt thru a test tube.

The end.

3/5. Dig the art.....the pacing is good.......clean cut action. Not bad. I was expecting more....but this is solid.

thee great one said:
Robin and Cassie huh?

If I was Robin I would of hit Rose when I had the chance.

duuuude jeje though im thinking she will end up with Kid Devil.

Venom Melendez said:
duuuude jeje though im thinking she will end up with Kid Devil.
It's being broadcasted in the traditional means.

I'm not a Robin-Cassie fan. Its just going to be a passing thing. Two people were both close to another, the loss of that one brings them in for a time till they both realise its only happening to fill the void, not because of any inborn attraction.

Latest posts

Back