Nintendo Wii discussion

Re: Nintendo's Revolution gets an official name

Why'd you delete all these posts? They made me smile at a place I don't care to be at for 8 hours a day....

Ice said:
:lol:

That should be POTD. Maybe Moony won't know... :shifty:
I SEE YOU!!!!

The Wii controller is getting great reviews from testers at E3. Demos of Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy (the Wii Mario flagship title), and The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess (the other big flagship title...even though its still for the GC...but luckily compatible with the Wii and its new controller). Supposedly its easy to use and works flawlessly. We'll see when we get to try it out in person. It is encouraging news, however.

EDIT: There's also news we'll see a new and original Resident Evil game for the Wii...whether or not its RE5 remains to be seen, but from the way its put forth it does seem like a completely original and Wii exclusive title...

Last edited:

Have you guys seen the Red Steel video? It's breathtaking. That game is gonna rock. :D

DIrishB said:
Yep, looks good...don't know if I'll bother to pick it up though, we'll see.
I think you mean "wii'll see".

I just watched the trailers for Super Mario Galaxy, Red Steel and Super Smash Bros Brawl and all I can say is...

WII ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND!

AND WII'LL KEEP ON FIGHTIN' 'TILL THE END!

WIII ARE THE CHAMPIONS!,

WIIIII ARE THE CHAMPIONS!,

NO TIME FOR LOSERS
(ps3), CUZ WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!...

OF THE WORLD!!!

moonmaster said:
I just watched the trailers for Super Mario Galaxy, Red Steel and Super Smash Bros Brawl and all I can say is...

WII ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND!

AND WII'LL KEEP ON FIGHTIN' 'TILL THE END!

WIII ARE THE CHAMPIONS!,

WIIIII ARE THE CHAMPIONS!,

NO TIME FOR LOSERS
(ps3), CUZ WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!...

OF THE WORLD!!!

ahem...you forgot that last we....

They are saying that the wii will probably go for 199.99 or even 149.99, to insure buys from parents. Because 360 could drop to 199.99 at christmas, which would be insane. In which case at $150 I might even buy a wii this year instead of late next year like I first thought.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/710/710181p1.html

Yeah, I was just about to ask the price of this baby... Nintendo seems to be thinking reasonably here. :)

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I was just about to ask the price of this baby... Nintendo seems to be thinking reasonably here. :)

Definitly. The only bad move on the part of Nintendo in terms of designing and marketing this thing so far seems to be in naming it "Wii"...still, I doubt that will influence any interested parties away from purchasing the console.

I was just reading a fan letter from Gamepro that people shouldn't care about the name or something like that, but just care about how the sysmtem plays and what not.

Somewhere along those lines. :)

Anyways, the Nintendo Wii will be playing normal sized discs (finally!).

Here are the Number & Specs as reported:

• IBM Brodway 729 MHz PowerPC processor
  • "Less than 128 M" of MoSys RAM
  • ATI Hollywood 243 MHz graphics Card
  • 2 USB 2.0 ports
  • Four Gamecube controller ports
  • Media Bay supports Wii 12 cm discs, Gamecube 8 cm discs, and DVDs
  • AV multi-output port for component, composite, or S-Video
  • 512 MB of internal flash memory for game save data and downloaded games
  • Bay for an SD memory allowing expansion of internal flash memory
  • 2 Gamecube memory card slots
  • Supports up to 4 wireless controllers
  • WiiConnect 24 always-online sleep mode

So will I be able to use my gamecube controllers for Wii games? Not all games obviously but maybe SSBB.

Iceshadow said:
So will I be able to use my gamecube controllers for Wii games? Not all games obviously but maybe SSBB.
I think you can use it, too. I think it was in the article where I got the numbers from that you can use it for games if you don't feel comfortable with the nunchuck (though I could have misinterpreted that).

But if you can't, they're also making controllers just like the SNES ones, except they'll have 2 joysticks.

Latest posts

Back