Nintendo Wii discussion

Re: Nintendo's Revolution gets an official name

Ultimate Warrior said:
I don't think that Nintendo's Wii will flop but the name WILL affect the sale negative on boys in the age 12 to 17. Under and over that age I don't think the name will make a difference.
A couple of friends of mine from my art class thinks that this name is only temporary and not true, and that the real one will be revealed at E3.

We'll see.

Ice said:
A couple of friends of mine from my art class thinks that this name is only temporary and not true, and that the real one will be revealed at E3.

We'll see.
Hopefully. But to think that Nintendo would name a console with 2 temporary names doesn't add up.

And to speculate about Wii will flop or not is not very smart right now since we don't know the two biggest variables of that yet: the price of Wii and what games it will have.

Ultimate Warrior said:
Hopefully. But to think that Nintendo would name a console with 2 temporary names doesn't add up.

And to speculate about Wii will flop or not is not very smart right now since we don't know the two biggest variables of that yet: the price of Wii and what games it will have.
I've read the price is most likely going to start around $200.

EDIT: For U.S. that, is. I don't know about anywhere else.

Last edited:

The Gamecube was pulled from NZ. No one bought it.

'Cube did great in America and Japan, which I know of.

Last edited:

Ice said:
I've read the price is most likely going to start around $200.

EDIT: For U.S. that, is. I don't know about anywhere else.
Yeah, I've read something like that too, but still no definate price is set. The same goes for PS3. When we know that the REAL speculation can begin.

ProjectX2 said:
The Gamecube was pulled from NZ. No one bought it.
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA................................ wait. That's not funny.

To chime in on Ice and Mole's conversation....

Sorry Mole...no offense or nothing but your predictions are completely wrong.

I used to work at Best Buy...and based off sale numbers--Gamecube outsells the PS2/XBox/360 almost every quarter. Obviously kids are the ones who are gonna be playing the games so they know what is cutting edge...but it's the parents who purchase these systems. I'll tell you now---trying to convince a parent to spend $150 on the system, $25 for memory card, $25 for the controller, $50 for the game, plus an extra $25-30 for other random accessories like monster cables, upright-stands, disc cleaners, etc....is almost impossible. Especially when the child is 10-12 years old and I can get them to buy a $100 system plus an extra $100 in games and accessories. $200 for everything on a system that makes bright colorful kid friendly games geared towards their child sounds a lot better than $300-$400 on a system that is geared for the older crowd with more mature games. When you add on the in-store insurance policy....it's no contest.

Yeah the other consoles can double as a CD/DVD player and whatnot---but so what? In America we have those things already. You can get a run of the mill DVD player at any store for like $30. And CDs??? Please...in the age of mp3s...having CDs is like carrying around a big ol' boombox on your shoulder. So those extra features don't matter. And the online features---so what? There aren't a lot of parents that are willing to pay another bill just so their kids can play a video game (and if those kids do have parents who will---lucky them. When I was a kid we were so poor that our idea of fun was to see who could mow the lawn quicker......kids today are so spoiled....anyways off rant).

And the whole controller shape thing---not even an issue. 3rd party controllers will be made using the same technology and will be compatible with the new systems using the old controller style many are customed to.

So the fact remains...whatever is new....will be whatever sells best. And Nintendo will never go out of business.......kinda like Coca Cola.

ProjectX2 said:

Look at that. Gamecube sales still kicked *** in America, and worldwide, it kicked XBox's ***.

Victor Von Doom said:
To chime in on Ice and Mole's conversation....

Sorry Mole...no offense or nothing but your predictions are completely wrong.

I used to work at Best Buy...and based off sale numbers--Gamecube outsells the PS2/XBox/360 almost every quarter. Obviously kids are the ones who are gonna be playing the games so they know what is cutting edge...but it's the parents who purchase these systems. I'll tell you now---trying to convince a parent to spend $150 on the system, $25 for memory card, $25 for the controller, $50 for the game, plus an extra $25-30 for other random accessories like monster cables, upright-stands, disc cleaners, etc....is almost impossible. Especially when the child is 10-12 years old and I can get them to buy a $100 system plus an extra $100 in games and accessories. $200 for everything on a system that makes bright colorful kid friendly games geared towards their child sounds a lot better than $300-$400 on a system that is geared for the older crowd with more mature games. When you add on the in-store insurance policy....it's no contest.

Yeah the other consoles can double as a CD/DVD player and whatnot---but so what? In America we have those things already. You can get a run of the mill DVD player at any store for like $30. And CDs??? Please...in the age of mp3s...having CDs is like carrying around a big ol' boombox on your shoulder. So those extra features don't matter. And the online features---so what? There aren't a lot of parents that are willing to pay another bill just so their kids can play a video game (and if those kids do have parents who will---lucky them. When I was a kid we were so poor that our idea of fun was to see who could mow the lawn quicker......kids today are so spoiled....anyways off rant).

And the whole controller shape thing---not even an issue. 3rd party controllers will be made using the same technology and will be compatible with the new systems using the old controller style many are customed to.

So the fact remains...whatever is new....will be whatever sells best. And Nintendo will never go out of business.......kinda like Coca Cola.
I...I...

I :heart: U.

Last edited:

Ice said:
Look at that. Gamecube sales still kicked *** in America,

Not really compared to the other systems.

Ice said:
and worldwide, it kicked XBox's ***.

Just. And X-Box's suck anyway. :D

ProjectX2 said:
Not really compared to the other systems.
Not too much, though (For XBOX). Compared or not, the point is that it still sold strong.

Last edited:

Is it true that the Gamecube was once going to be called the Dolphin?! 'Cuz someone told me that today, and I have a real hard time believing that.

Oh wait. The Revolution is now called Wii. :wink:

That's what it's name was going to be. But what they did with calling it Dolphin was like what they're doing now with calling the next system "Wii". They were all like, "Dolphin will be it's official name" and it was never true.

Nintendo Vagina is still better. Then they could call the controller Nintendo Penis.

Victor Von Doom said:
And the online features---so what? There aren't a lot of parents that are willing to pay another bill just so their kids can play a video game (and if those kids do have parents who will---lucky them. When I was a kid we were so poor that our idea of fun was to see who could mow the lawn quicker......kids today are so spoiled....anyways off rant).

Ps2 Online gaming was free and rumours are ps3 will be free too. Gamecube had an online adaptor but yet chose not to surport it. Why you might ask? Because Nintendo are past it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Yes but the new control pad is just wrong on so many levels.

Victor Von Doom said:
and Wii = new coke the thing that almost did kill coca cola. Plus how many people thought sega would surive? mark my words 2008-2009 nintendo will stop making consoles.

The controler is wrong on so many levels?

The PS3 contorler is a ****ing boomerang. The XBOX 360 controler is the size of a 3-year-old's head. Nintendo right now has the best controler out of all the next-gen systems.

And stop comparing Nintendo to Sega. NINTENDO ISN'T SEGA. They're way better. If you think Nintendo will die, you best be thinking again. Look at the numbers the Gamecube pulled, and people thought that was going to tank. That it was the weakest out of those systems, yet it still did its part and sold way more than people would think.

One thing Nintendo does is attrack more people than the other systems. Kids. Kids are all about playing video games once they get their eyes on them. And parents just go and buy them. Just like they buy them GTA when they're not supposed to and **** about it later on (but that's another story). Nintendo is always the one who people say it will suck, it won't do good, they should just give it up. And everytime Nintendo comes and b**** slaps them by showing them they were wrong. Nintendo will make its mark like it ALWAYS does.

Ice said:
The controler is wrong on so many levels?

The PS3 contorler is a ****ing boomerang. The XBOX 360 controler is the size of a 3-year-old's head. Nintendo right now has the best controler out of all the next-gen systems.

And stop comparing Nintendo to Sega. NINTENDO ISN'T SEGA. They're way better. If you think Nintendo will die, you best be thinking again. Look at the numbers the Gamecube pulled, and people thought that was going to tank. That it was the weakest out of those systems, yet it still did its part and sold way more than people would think.

One thing Nintendo does is attrack more people than the other systems. Kids. Kids are all about playing video games once they get their eyes on them. And parents just go and buy them. Just like they buy them GTA when they're not supposed to and **** about it later on (but that's another story). Nintendo is always the one who people say it will suck, it won't do good, they should just give it up. And everytime Nintendo comes and b**** slaps them by showing them they were wrong. Nintendo will make its mark like it ALWAYS does.

Actually like i said in a previous post I use to love nintendo. First day game cube came out I bought it with Lugi's mansion (cool game btw) I always have have faith in nintendo but this time from I've seen and from what i've heard this will be the first time EVER that I don't buy a nintendo console.

Also the comment about ps3 control pad. Sony recived complaints and have said at E3 this week they will be showing us the NEW control pad most likely the same as psone and ps2.

X-box pad is bigger yes but more comftable than what the new wii one looks like.

and as for "Nintendo right now has the best controler out of all the next-gen systems" Can I have some of what you've been smoking?

Latest posts

Back