Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

It's not that I expect a title to stick with only the villains that "belong" to it, it's that I expect anyone new - or from somewhere else - to be, you know, EXPLAINED in the context of the title. This "look it up on the internet" is B.S.

thee great one said:
and I just had another thought...

How did Xorn's essence get inside of the collective, when he was dead before the events of House Of M and Decimation?

Bollocks.
There were two Chinese mutants by the Xorn. They were named Kuan-Yin and Shen. Kuan-Yin was the Xorn impersinating Magneto impersinating Xorn. He got killed by Wolverine. Shen was just a mutant who was briefly introduced by Chuck Austen. He got depowered by M day. He was basically a being of energy, so when got depowered his consciousness went with his powers. When the collective formed in Micheal, Shen Xorn was able to dominate it. Xorn knew of Magneto and sought him out, because of their history.

Last edited:

MaxwellSmart said:
There were two Chinese mutants by the Xorn. They were named Kuan-Yin and Shen. Kuan-Yin was the Xorn impersinating Magneto impersinating Xorn. He got killed by Wolverine. Shen was just a mutant who was briefly introduced by Chuck Austen. He got depowered by M day. He was basically a being of energy, so when got depowered his consciousness went with his powers. When the collective formed in Micheal, Shen Xorn was able to dominate it. Xorn knew of Magneto and sought him out, because of their history.

I have the issues with both Xorn's.

The Xorn that seek out Magneto was the one that destoryed New York. He said so.

Shen was very peace loving. He would of never done that.

Random said:
I wanna know why is Xorn in contol of the collective. I think there can be a good story there, but I doubt they could ever pull it off

Joe Q said its because of Xorns Psychokinetic nature or whatever, he was the dominent personality in the collective. Thats why the collective sought out Magneto

thee great one said:
I have the issues with both Xorn's.

The Xorn that seek out Magneto was the one that destoryed New York. He said so.

Shen was very peace loving. He would of never done that.
Where and when did who say it was Kuan-Yin who took over the collective?

Because Kuan-Yin was decapitated and that's not the kind of thing you can snap back from even by Marvel standards.

Nurhachi said:
Joe Q said its because of Xorns Psychokinetic nature or whatever, he was the dominent personality in the collective. Thats why the collective sought out Magneto

Ugh. How stupid.

The fact that this all has to be explained in interview columns and not in the comic just shows how ridiculous it is.

I don't know too many other characters that have been screwed up so badly. What a disaster they've turned it into.

E said:
Exactly. Morrison introduced Xorn, revealed his true identity, and that was it. The mess wasn't made until immediately after Morrison finished his run. I can't even blame Austen for it - it was a mandate from editorial.

It's just so stupid because all of this makes no sense. I'm not talking about the storyline, I'm talking about what came after Morrison left, as a whole. It's like they screwed around with the character, realized what a huge mess they made of it, then gave us this awful band-aid to cover it all up. Don't screw around with something like that in the first place and you don't have to fix it later (and therefore make the whole thing even worse to the point where the EIC has to explain it away in an Internet column because everyone is confused by it).

Stupid.
I know. Aren't Claremont and a few other creators responsible for getting Marvel to do all this? Weren't they mad about what Morrison had done with Magneto? It's all bull****. Morrison writes the greatest run in X-Men history and Marvel just ****s all over it. The bastards.

moonmaster said:
I know. Aren't Claremont and a few other creators responsible for getting Marvel to do all this? Weren't they mad about what Morrison had done with Magneto? It's all bull****. Morrison writes the greatest run in X-Men history and Marvel just ****s all over it. The bastards.

Could be. I hadn't heard that. If so, that makes Claremont and/or whomever complained about it that much more pathetic. Especially when Claremont turns out X-Men issues consisting of the X-Men playing softball.

It *was* the greatest X-Men run ever and it was the only time the X-Men were interesting enough for me to buy the issues.

I'm pretty sure fanboys cried about it, saying "magneto would NEVR act like that"

E said:
Yehhhp

I've officially realized that Claremont is an idiot. He tries to get his way with things with ****ty ideas and then heads butts b/c they're stupid. He wanted to create the Origin of Wolverine by explaining that Wolvie was an actual wolverine that evolved in a short amount of time. That's THE stupidest thing I've ever come out of anybody's head. He was trying to do the same thing with another X character but I forgot who. His arcs aren't even worth reading.

MaxwellSmart said:
Where and when did who say it was Kuan-Yin who took over the collective?

Because Kuan-Yin was decapitated and that's not the kind of thing you can snap back from even by Marvel standards.

Read carefully...

Untitled-Scanned-07-08.jpg

Our name? So is it both Xorns? And why does Magneto want to be killed?

Hibiki said:
And why does Magneto want to be killed?

He's a good guy now. He realize that "Xorn" wants to use him for evil.

I can't believe I just typed that out.

I bought the New Avengers hardcover that collects the arcs, Breakout and Sentry.
I was reading through it and there is a sketch cover of the 1st issue where they standing on a rock type thing, and Ronin has the bubble head.
And instead of Jess Drew as the Spider-woman, it has the Julia Carpenter spider-woman from the secret war maxi series.
Just thought that was interesting, dunno if Finch screwed it up,or they decided to change half way through.

Also
in the introduction Bendis says that someone in the first issue is a skrull................ don't know if that is a true fact, cause he laughs afterward, but if it true it could be considered good planning or coincidence

Also
in the introduction Bendis says that someone in the first issue is a skrull................ don't know if that is a true fact, cause he laughs afterward, but if it true it could be considered good planning or coincidence

Bendis doesn't plan anything. He retcons. It's the Marvel way.

Bendis just leaves random plotholes and loosethreads so one he comes up with his "great ideas" he goes through all his stuff and ties them in with his idea, to make it seem like he has had this ultra-secret grand vision for years now

Latest posts

Back