Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers series discussion (spoilers)

ProjectX2 said:
What Xorn mishap? Morrison's Xorn was very straightforward - it was Magneto in disguise. Then Austen made some crap about Xorn being someone's brother... gah. I can't even talk about it.

It was Austen that made the mishap.

Exactly. Morrison introduced Xorn, revealed his true identity, and that was it. The mess wasn't made until immediately after Morrison finished his run. I can't even blame Austen for it - it was a mandate from editorial.

It's just so stupid because all of this makes no sense. I'm not talking about the storyline, I'm talking about what came after Morrison left, as a whole. It's like they screwed around with the character, realized what a huge mess they made of it, then gave us this awful band-aid to cover it all up. Don't screw around with something like that in the first place and you don't have to fix it later (and therefore make the whole thing even worse to the point where the EIC has to explain it away in an Internet column because everyone is confused by it).

Stupid.

ProjectX2 said:
What Xorn mishap? Morrison's Xorn was very straightforward - it was Magneto in disguise. Then Austen made some crap about Xorn being someone's brother... gah. I can't even talk about it.

It was Austen that made the mishap.
Could've sworn it was claremont and bendis :lol:

Planet X was such a good story too. I could've lived with that as magneto's death he crippled xavier again, took over new york, killed the phoenix and got his head chopped by wolvie

That's a cool death!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should be stopped the second they suggest creating a charcter who is pretending to be another character pretending to be himself.

The whole Xorn thing in NA gave me a better way of how to explain the whole Xorn thing, and it how I choose to think of it. Some guy deludes himself to thinking he is Magneto and comes up with a plot to infiltrate the X-men under an assumed identity. No Xorn's evil twin bother possed by something to pretend to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn that just sounds too complicated

But I agree with E, they should think ahead about these retcon things all the way through from the begining, and maybe run it buy a few fans, or dont do the initial event at all

Ok I just read wikipedia and it says nothing about Austen. Just Morrison and how he complicated things. It still sounds complicated. I mean how can Kuan Yin be alive? I doubt it's Shen Xorn.

Hibiki said:
Ok I just read wikipedia and it says nothing about Austen. Just Morrison and how he complicated things. It still sounds complicated. I mean how can Kuan Yin be alive? I doubt it's Shen Xorn.
Wikipedia is unrealible, anyone could just go in and change things

Random said:

I guess but there's always the question, Why? Plus they're usually spot on with others that it seems reliable. OMG what post is this? ok New Avengers...it comes out June 28th, right. We'll see what happens.

Hibiki said:
I guess but there's always the question, Why? Plus they're usually spot on with others that it seems reliable. OMG what post is this? ok New Avengers...it comes out June 28th, right. We'll see what happens.
Human error... and *** holes.

Hibiki said:

Re-read what I wrote. Morrison didn't complicate anything. He introduced Xorn, had him join the X-Men, and revealed him to be Magneto in disguise. During Planet X, Magneto says several times that there was no Xorn, it was just a mask he wore.

I don't see what is complicated about that. The complications came when Marvel decided to a) make Xorn a real person and b) make 2 Xorns (twins). Morrison had nothing to do with any of that.

Random said:
As for Wikipedia, they changed it so that not anyone can change an entry. You have to be a registered member first. Not that it's that important, but the change happened rather resently.

Something about the whole Xorn thing that struck me is that the Xorn reference isn't that crucial to New Avengers. It brings up the long history of an odd character, but it was really just rapping up Chuck Austen's character. I'm content to just let it slide as an out there side story.

MaxwellSmart said:
As for Wikipedia, they changed it so that not anyone can change an entry. You have to be a registered member first. Not that it's that important, but the change happened rather resently.

No, that's only true for certain "protected" topics - topics which the Wikipedia Powers That Be got tired of seeing "vandalized" on a regular basis. I've edited a couple of things in the last couple weeks (although I finally did register with the site).

Claremont started it with using a different Magneto in Excalibur after he was killed in New York.

Then Austin used another Xorn.

I'm so confused. I blame it all on Joe Q. He doesn't seem to do anything expect write a book a year and defend what people have already done. The guy is worthless at his job. After seeing him at the con and then seeing the DC panel. Dan Didio knew everything about every title. Joe answered almost every question with "I don't know" or "We don't have any of the writers here."

This is issue was so confusing. Just as bad as the whole Sentry arc. I feel neutral about Magneto getting his powers back. I knew it woud happened. But I feel that they should of used him depowered in more stories. With the expection of an issue of Son Of M, he hasn't been in a comic since House Of M. I like that he was fighting it.

I can live with the Xorn explantion, but they should of never had to explain anything or ****ed with it. The art was alright. Not the level I expect from Dedato but i feel it was coloring as said. It was good coloring, it just didn't fit the art.

Wolverine's reaction to Alpha Flight is too little to late.

The only thing that was really good was Spider-Man's comment...

"Thanks for the new metal suit by the way."

and I just had another thought...

How did Xorn's essence get inside of the collective, when he was dead before the events of House Of M and Decimation?

Bollocks.

thee great one said:
and I just had another thought...

How did Xorn's essence get inside of the collective, when he was dead before the events of House Of M and Decimation?

Bollocks.
I wanna know why is Xorn in contol of the collective. I think there can be a good story there, but I doubt they could ever pull it off

So, just read #20, and the Xorn thing irks me to no end. I've read all 500+ issues of Avengers, know most of the characters and villains... and I've only vaguely heard of Xorn. That meant NOTHING to me and it was both a distraction, a waste of time and a short cut to power Magneto back up - which could have been done, just as easily, in Son of M.

Grrrr....

Rhyo said:
So, just read #20, and the Xorn thing irks me to no end. I've read all 500+ issues of Avengers, know most of the characters and villains... and I've only vaguely heard of Xorn. That meant NOTHING to me and it was both a distraction, a waste of time and a short cut to power Magneto back up - which could have been done, just as easily, in Son of M.

Grrrr....

THANK YOU!
Its exactly what i think

Latest posts

Back