Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I hope your right, that timeline is awful, easily the worse thing to come out of Titan (And yes, that includes Thanos)

Meh. I like DD3 better in October/November 2017 anyways, so it works for me.

I know it's clunky but it's the only way Luke Cage season 2 works. I know it doesn't solve Iron Fist... but I'll never watch it again so I don't really care.

That would make sense, yes. The difficulty lies in finding an appropriate place to put a timeskip, as not a lot of time seems to have passed for Matt when he was healing, and the remainder of the season takes place over the course of a month or two. Maybe several months pass for him before he starts training?

Yes, that's my thinking. That he was so wounded and wasn't getting true professional medical attention, so he was laid up for several moths before he could get up and move around.

So.....Daredevil is not...in 2016? I though that was pretty clearly where they wanted it?

So.....Daredevil is not...in 2016? I though that was pretty clearly where they wanted it?

Yeah, on its own, it definitely seems to take place a few months after The Defenders. But the earlier it is, the stranger it seems that the characters in Luke Cage and Iron Fist season 2 act as if Matt is still presumed dead. I'm not entirely satisfied with either placement, tbh.

I totally get where you are coming from. I'm trying to think how to put this...I think I can more easily excuse nobody acknowledging he is back, if they even know he is. The Luke Cage mention wasn't super specific to him dying, I think it's just along the lines of "People will never know what Matt did under Midland Circle" or something. I can't really remember the Iron Fist one either, but I don't think it specifies him dying. Plus, we don't know what happens with Matt after Season 3, maybe he travels and no one catches wind of him being back (I don't believe this, I'm just making a point.) . I just feel like Luke and Danny's reaction, and Jessica Jones not even mention, of Matt is easier to explain away then a year or more gap between the Defenders and DD3. I know he was banged up, from you know, A BUILDING, but it's just a bit long. Especially since in the show they only use months and weeks. I think the only reference to years may have been Fisk's two years line, but I've only watched through once.

"I think I can more easily excuse nobody acknowledging he is back, if they even know he is" disregard this stupid sentence. I tried to edit it out, but the site was not having it.

Like I said before, I think another big hint that it's after Luke Cage 2 is that Mariah isn't at Fisk's wedding, whereas it seems like every major crime boss in Manhattan is there, including Rosalie Carbone.

As for the election stuff, NYC historically has held elections for mayor/city council/DA etc. every 4 years since 1897. So DD3 can end any time before December 20, 2017. Not once was the word "primary" ever uttered, and they would have specified that if it were earlier in the year. So the way I see it is Tower wins the Democratic primary (which would have been September 2017) early in the season, and Foggy is a late filing Independent.

Just like y'all... I can't edit my posts either. I meant November 7th, not December 20th.

I don't want to come off as argumentative, but your first point feels like a non factor. In universe explanation: Mariah has already had her name dragged through the mud with her relation to Cornell, why, when in Luke Cage 2 we see her trying to recreate her image as a legitimate business woman (Her Family First Initiative) would she risk having her name associated with known felon Wilson Fisk? Out of universe explanation: Alfre Woodard is a pretty in demand actress and to make her rearrange her schedule for a nothing cameo would be a waste of time and energy.

On your second point, I'm not sure I know enough about the DA election process to really comment, but do they acknowledge when the election is? I have only watched through once, but I honestly don't remember. How early can you begin campaigning for reelection? And again let's not lose sight that this is a work of fiction, sometimes real world stuff gets muddled. I'm just along the line of thinking that it makes more sense for Tower to be campaigning a year out then Matt laying around in a church for a year.

But your points are really well researched and thought out.

I mean, she's still publicly connected to scum bags like Shades, Piranha, etc. Plus Fisk has a way of spinning the media to make it look like he's being framed and is actually a good guy. But you're right about Woodard.

Never too early to start campaigning lol. I know specific dates are pretty much out the window for real world to MCU comparison, but I just don't see any reason to not assume that major elections are also in early November. And we know it's not a special election, since Tower is running for re-election, so no wiggle room there.

Both arguements are pretty compelling but I'd go with DE23111 i think. I'm only 53% sure so im not 100% confident.

Never too early to start campaigning lol. I know specific dates are pretty much out the window for real world to MCU comparison, but I just don't see any reason to not assume that major elections are also in early November. And we know it's not a special election, since Tower is running for re-election, so no wiggle room there.

Right. But what I'm asking is, if we assume the election is in November of 2017, why is it off base to assume that Tower is merely campaigning for reelection a year before this?

I see. My main thinking is that there is never a single mention of the primary election. And in the finale, they make it seem like the election is happening fairly soon when Foggy drops out and endorses Tower.

I just watched the Luke Cage episode with Foggy in it, and got nothing. No mention of Matt, an election, Fisk, nothing. Although the DD3 finale suggests that Murdock, Nelson & Page was gonna be a thing yet he's clearly acting on his own. I think I remember Tower being in the Luke Cage finale, might be worth checking for a clue.

Agamotto mentioned in his timeline evidence post for Daredevil season 3 in the MCU wiki that Mrs. Callahan voted as an absentee in episode 3, implying it is more than one day, but less than 45 days before the election. So, late September to early November.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back