Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm planning on adding the Rising Tide videos to the timeline, but am having issues due to the timecodes DIrishB listed for The Incredible Hulk, which last a few minutes longer than the movie actually is (therefore changing the timecodes of the chapters as well). Which means it's hard to find the accurate timestamps to place the videos relative to the movies.

Is anyone aware of any officially-released extended versions of The Incredible Hulk?

Last edited:
Agomotos response
As for the Rising Tide, you're missing a few things. Here's the full breakdown. They were all released on Sunday, May 12, 2013, and using this site, the times of posting can be found. Here:
-The first video was "Evidence of Real Life Monster". The original link still works, here, and it was released at 15:28:02 UTC.
-The second video was "What Really Happened Here? S.H.I.E.L.D. Operatives Spotted?". The video at the original link has been taken down, but people on YouTube have reuploaded it, or you can watch it on Web Archive here.
-The third video was "S.H.I.E.L.D. Evidence Caught on Tape!". The video at the original link has been taken down, but people on YouTube have reuploaded it.
-The fourth video was "The Iron Man Takes Flight". The original link still works, here, and it was released at 15:30:39 UTC.
-And the fifth video was "Footage from Stark Expo Attacks". The original link still works, here, and it was released at 15:33:03 UTC.
And the reason I know how "What Really Happened Here? S.H.I.E.L.D. Operatives Spotted?" and "S.H.I.E.L.D. Evidence Caught on Tape!", the two which have been removed from YouTube, fit into the order of upload, is that this site has the 5 videos in order, and I can tell that it's the order of upload because the 3 for which we do know the time of upload, "Evidence of Real Life Monster", "The Iron Man Takes Flight", and "Footage from Stark Expo Attacks", are in the correct order, implying that is intentional and therefore the list is all in order.

Release order is also vaild, as that is technically an edited rising tide video, but the way you are doing it does works aswell. Just saying you could just put it in early 2013, ?????.

Last edited:
Thor the dark world prelude should be after item 47 on the simplified viewing order.
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Prelude: This Scepter'd Isle - Infinite Comics should be after aos episode 17 on the simplified viewing order.

Last edited:
I really hate the two tina minoru characters. There should only be -(staff of)- one.

Talking about the character, Kevin Feige said: "We never say Minoru in the movie, do we? No. ... I would call that an Easter egg that most people won't even see."[4]
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Minoru not sure if reliable but thank the one above all.

Last edited:
Release order is also vaild, as that is technically an edited rising tide video, but the way you are doing it does works aswell. Just saying you could just put it in early 2013, ?????.

Well, that's similar to what DIrishB did with the security video of Scott from 2012 (he placed it alongside the other WHiH tie-ins with Ant-Man when they were released). That would be more consistent, so I guess I'll go with that for now.

Last edited:
Marvel Has Released An Official MCU Timeline

1943-1945: Captain America: The First Avenger
2010: Iron Man
2011: Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor
2012: The Avengers, Iron Man 3
2013: Thor: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming
2016 through to 2017: Doctor Strange
2017: Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War

Not really a fan of it. While Black Panther being in 2017 could be explained by the news report a week after T'Chaka's death being archival footage, it contradicts Ant-Man and the Wasp being 2 years after Civil War, as it is set shortly before Infinity War, which is set a year after Civil War according to this timeline.

Last edited:
Are we going to follow it or stick with what we got? Honestly, its like they dont even try.

Last edited:
Are we going to follow it or stick with what we got? Honestly, its like they dont even try.

I'm not going to follow it yet and am not planning to, unless the movies start to support it in such a way that it can't be ignored.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Its more contradictory to have it like theirs so it makes more sense to have it the way it works better.

The way they've done it is pretty ridiculous. It doesnt matter if its more "cinematic" to have IW in 2017, you're IGNORING ON-SCREEN DATES and DIALOGUE. Yeah. No thanks marvel.

Last edited:
Yeah that's garbage. Civil War placed Iron Man 1 in 2008, so this doesn't work (people have trouble accepting that the arc reactor montage taking place over several years).

And yeah, BP nor IW can be 2017. Otherwise, I guess is not that bad. I appreciate that it makes no attempt to fit in the Homecoming thing.

They could have looked up mcu timeline and got lots of timelines with placements 100× better... even if its lazy, its still more correct than that... "timeline". Its clear they dont keep track of their movies.

If Avengers: ????? (4) features time travel and changes history... i dont want to think about it.

Last edited:
I guess we have to think in the mindset of "it could just be a normal occurrence". That way its not forced to another part of the timeline just because of a silly reference.

Last edited:
Meh. I like DD3 better in October/November 2017 anyways, so it works for me.

I know it's clunky but it's the only way Luke Cage season 2 works. I know it doesn't solve Iron Fist... but I'll never watch it again so I don't really care.

First off, I know I said I wish Thor and Infinity War had been closer, but I didn't mean destroy everything else's placement. Honestly, this new timeline just seems like Titan went around on the internet looking up when everything takes place and going with it. The Iron Man in 2010 thing is weird. I know this is a very prominent and present change around the internet. Black Panther is really freaking weird, I refuse to believe T'Challa took his sweet time accepting the throne. I'm pretty sure Infinity War straight up says Thanos has been in Tony's head for the past six years. This is why Marvel should do their own stuff and not license it out to other distributors.

Also, on the other topic of discussion, isn't there a blackout in Defenders? Isn't that what it is a reference to? Because I don't think New York was ever hit in 'Uprising'

I get the feeling that the timeline for yesterday is probably not the real one. It was said to be from Titan Books and be titled "Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years", while Marvel has another one coming out after Avengers 4, titled: "The Road to Marvel's Avengers 4". So that's probably where the official timeline will be published.

Also, Feige implied the format of the timeline would be similar to the one that came out before The Avengers ("x years before/after y"). It'll probably have contradictions, but will probably be more consistent with the movies than the timeline from yesterday.

Latest posts

Back