JLA series discussion (spoilers)

Maybe...I think Judd Winck (sp?) is another big name exclusive, coming off Green arrow soon.

have you read busiek's JLA arc that was just before Johns's? Would he be a good choice?

Mark Millar is marvel exclusive for another year or so right?

Busiek would be a good choice. I read that arc and it was pretty decent, but he could definately do better.

If it's Winnick I'll drop it so fast, I swear.

Haha, Winnick's not great, but hes not the bane of the comic book writing world (that's Chuck Austin)

Im going to bet that they try to get another big name on the book. Bet you that Didio is trying to strongarm another epic arc out of Morrison. Or that by dropping these other books, Geoff Johns will be the general Justice ______ of America writer.

Maybe Heinberg has one JLA story his life won't be complete without telling.

Unlike his one Wonder Woman story, which won't be complete in his life.

Haha, Winnick's not great, but hes not the bane of the comic book writing world (that's Chuck Austin)

Im going to bet that they try to get another big name on the book. Bet you that Didio is trying to strongarm another epic arc out of Morrison. Or that by dropping these other books, Geoff Johns will be the general Justice ______ of America writer.

I'd prefer if Johns did Legion of Superheroes..I'd just prefer different writers on each JXA, I really Like Johns

With issue #9 we now have 6 members of the 7 legion of superheroes sent back in time:

Karate Kid
Starman
Dream Girl
Wildfire
Timber Wolf
Dawnstar

They seem to be here to save Lightning Lad, and Brainiac 5 seems to have sent them from the future..so probably he is (will be) still there. So who's the 7th member that hasn't been found. I thought it would be Lightning Lad..but from what the other legionaires said It doesn't seem like it anymore.

Is it wrong that the whole way through i was singing Legionaire's Lament by the Decemberists....good issue, this should've been above ults 13 in my reading list.

I'm really interested on what Per Degaton, Despero and Ultra Humanite have to do with this arc. I did like how the baby "Mesiah" gorilla born in Gorilla City will turn out to be Ultra Humanite. Wish Marvel could get Meltzer and Johns to fix the ULtimate Universe. these two writers are doing amazing right now.

Is it wrong that the whole way through i was singing Legionaire's Lament by the Decemberists....

Not atall.

The Legion referred to Infinte Crisis as "the middle Crisis." Most interesting part of the issue.

I agree.

I'm loving this crossover.

I'm not. This issue just... frustrated me. Like most of the Meltzer JLA issues. If someone told me what was going on in it I'd be excited, but reading the issues... it just never seems to work in action. Still, the next issue is JSA and I've been loving those issues of the crossover. And we have Per Degaton and The Ultra Humanite as villians. **** Despro.

Does Booster Gold still have a legion-of-superheroes power ring, and is he..erm..in existance in the present time... I'm guess I'm asking if he could be the last power ring they detected in the lightning saga. In his origin he travels back in time with a legion ring he stole from the museum.

Does Booster Gold still have a legion-of-superheroes power ring, and is he..erm..in existance in the present time... I'm guess I'm asking if he could be the last power ring they detected in the lightning saga. In his origin he travels back in time with a legion ring he stole from the museum.

They already mentioned Booster's ring. They took that into account when trying to find the Legionaires. I love that word, Legionaire.

looks like the guy who read this issue already (see the flash thread) was correct. So wally is back. I really enjoyed this arc, it has been my favourite comic from the last 2 months. Now I just really want to know WHY the heck they brought Wally back. Also who was the dark figure who came from the future to tell Karate Kid to stay and is also staying in our time. (Outside odd's on booster gold?). I'm guessing we'll find out in countdown soon.

Awww...this was a pretty awsome issue. I really like when dream girl says to Jay Garrick "maybe my job was to distract the one person who could get here fast enough" and Jay's just like "We beat Hitler, you are teh bluffing". And right at the start I thought it was a continuity error from Justice society, but it turns out no Sensor girl was just ****ing around a little bit more. I really enjoyed this, and it made me wanna read countdown and the Flash a lot more than issues of countdown and the flash have so far. (well i haven't read any flash but i gather it hasn't been great, except the last arc, but since it looks like it's gonna involve Wally and have a reboot might be a good time to pick it up.)
Doesn't look like there's gonna be legion of superheroes spinning out of this, but we do have Karate Kid and Starman and another potential staying in our time.

Edit: I kinda wanted to post this in the flash thread to tell people wally was back (If they don't read JLA), but I couldn't figure out how I could post there with out giving spoilers for this (If they do read JLA). The very act of posting in the flash thread with an entry reading JLA#10 spoiler, is in itself a spoiler. Ah well..

Last edited:
Post it under a spoiler tag.

But woot! I am all for Wally returning... I think Wally West might be my favorite Flash.

Latest posts

Back