Avengers Invincible Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

I just started reading the second Fraction/Larroca trade "World's Most Wanted" and am impressed. The whole thinga bout Tony erasing his brain is cool - it's like it picks up where Ellis left off.

I see that Pepper Potts is going to get an Iron Man suit though...not crazy about that idea, and I really don't like her as a cyborg or whatever she is.

I just started reading the second Fraction/Larroca trade "World's Most Wanted" and am impressed. The whole thinga bout Tony erasing his brain is cool - it's like it picks up where Ellis left off.

I see that Pepper Potts is going to get an Iron Man suit though...not crazy about that idea, and I really don't like her as a cyborg or whatever she is.

Trust me it works and World's Most Wanted is getting better and better.

According to the Matt Fraction Interrogation Thread over on Whitechapel, Fraction is writing an Iron Man annual about the Mandarin's life story. It's going to be drawn by David Aja.

Just don't tell anyone.

Iron Man's new armor

bbc225be4697b6dd3fda2636e86ffb87.jpg

Mandarin really should be Iron Fist's big bad. He fits so much better in Danny's world, than in Tony's.

I think that's what makes him an interesting addition to Iron Man's line-up.

Iron Fist has no shortage of Yellow Peril villains to choose from.

Last edited:
Iron Man's new armor

I hate that they even make an announcement about this. The armor design hasn't changed significantly since they went to the red & gold (not counting War Machine) and every artist is going to have his own slant on drawing it.

Iron Man's new armor

I kinda like it, lookes very Iron Man of the Future, very sleek. Still I like the last one better
I hate that they even make an announcement about this. The armor design hasn't changed significantly since they went to the red & gold (not counting War Machine) and every artist is going to have his own slant on drawing it.

I get what you mean, I think it's different enough to show off. Sure the colors are the same but the attitude is very different and if this is the new Iron Man across the board Why not put a teaser out there.

I get what you mean, I think it's different enough to show off. Sure the colors are the same but the attitude is very different and if this is the new Iron Man across the board Why not put a teaser out there.

On one hand I get that yes, they have a responsibility to themselves to hype anything they put out. Sure.

But hype the story! The story is good. This is so superficial and doesn't mean anything.

I like the new look.

While I haven't finished Fraction's Most Wanted arc, I like that the new look incorporates a lot of concepts introduced in Fractions Five Nightmares arc.

Stane had created a newer, more powerful version of Stark's designs. He was the next step in the tech's progression. And without Extremis working anymore, its only natural that Tony would upgrade.....and with Tony's brilliant mind, its only natural that he's gonna upgrade the upgrade.

So I'm very interested in the new, sleek look.

But with that said, I agree with both E and Random and think they could've premiered this a lot better. The teased us for a week with a single Spiderman image. Why not give us a shadowy, outline of the sleeker look with just the chest light highlighting certain parts? And with the new Iron Man movie coming out this year, why not hype up a newer look in the comic that was released because of the movie!?!?

Marvel's promo team really dropped the ball on this one.

Man... the Disassembled arc was so good.

I love Fraction's Iron Man.

Man... the Disassembled arc was so good.

I love Fraction's Iron Man.

Oh, man. Yeah. I just finished reading it. The final stroke in Stark's master plan was brilliant.

For those who haven't read it, spoilers.
The backup system he created for his mind was an archaic copy from before the Stamford disaster. So the superhuman registry is wiped clean and he can look objectively at the choices he made over the past few years without being chest-deep in making the tough decisions.
Awesome.

I also kind of want to see Fraction write a Doc Strange book. Steal the Hood from BMB and make him an interesting character again while he's at it.

Last edited:
I wish someone had followed up on Vaughns portrayal of The Hood instead of what Bendis did to him. He seemed to be an approximation of an anti-Peter Parker, with a heavy "The Spirit" type pulp tinge

Latest posts

Back