DC TV Shows (Non-Arrowverse) Timelines (v2.0)

Guys this might be stupid to say but what if there could be a version of Blade Runners events happening in the same universe as Gotham and Pennyworth? Because if we go by DC liking to borrow from other Warner Bros IP (Shaggy from Scooby Doo appearing in Superman 78) and it's a proven fact that both the Gotham/Pennyworth and Blade Runner universes are currently going through a climate change crisis do you think it's possible that could be true?

Guys this might be stupid to say but what if there could be a version of Blade Runners events happening in the same universe as Gotham and Pennyworth? Because if we go by DC liking to borrow from other Warner Bros IP (Shaggy from Scooby Doo appearing in Superman 78) and it's a proven fact that both the Gotham/Pennyworth and Blade Runner universes are currently going through a climate change crisis do you think it's possible that could be true?
Nothing stated by the showrunners has ever brought up Blade Runner so you'd be just as pressed to say Mike, Lu & Og (also owned by WB) exists somewhere in this world.

For me, I call that fan fiction.

Lots of universes go through climate changes and such, but... if that's your head-canon I suppose. Both are alternate histories with small similarities. I'd be more interested in connecting Blade Runner to... literally anything else though. While there may be things going on in the background of this specific universe, it is hardly a focus point and more inferred from what little pieces of information we can gather from mainly Pennyworth.

In a technical sense, I suppose Blade Runner could happen, but well, off-world colonies in 2019 is a bit far fetched.

I still don't think V for Vendetta is even canon in the same way the comic events played out in this continuity.
It's inspired by certainly, the same way the movie was, but I don't think it's a prequel 100%. A very loose version of it might have happened at least.

It sounds like Pennyworth started with them discussing a V for Vendetta adaptation, which then turned into a discussion of a V for Vendetta prequel, which was made into the Gotham prequel we got. Very interesting stuff.

It sounds like Pennyworth started with them discussing a V for Vendetta adaptation, which then turned into a discussion of a V for Vendetta prequel, which was made into the Gotham prequel we got. Very interesting stuff.
Citation needed.

Danny Cannon: "The arcing story this season is about a civil war that is brewing, and that came from a conversation from myself and Bruno where we were considering doing V for Vendetta, we were like "that is much a very 80's 90's kind of show, what would it be in the 60's?' What kind of world would we have to create, like in Gotham there would eventually be Batman in this there would eventually be V for Vendetta. So we took that brewing civil war as a stepping stone."

Last edited:
Danny Cannon: "The arcing story this season is about a civil war that is brewing, and that came from a conversation from myself and Bruno where we were considering doing V for Vendetta, we were like "that is much a very 80's 90's kind of show, what would it be in the 60's?' What kind of world would we have to create, like in Gotham there would eventually be Batman in this there would eventually be V for Vendetta. So we took that brewing civil war as a stepping stone."
Oh yeah the stuff you mentioned in the previous page. Sorry, was half awake.

View attachment 1803
View attachment 1804
Well, that explains why Miami is cloudy in Gotham Season 4. Also, a war between the USA and Russia factors into V for Vendetta as well, so presumably one of the elements that connects with that continuity.
Wait, Miami got nuked in Gotham?

... does this mean Hotline Miami is also canon to the universe, seeing as the second game ends with Miami being nuked? XD

I kid obviously

That would have been the same year Nixon tried to make anti-nuclear treaties (1972) so he fucked up BAD with that in Pennyworth's world.

Are we to assume Francis Fawkes caused the Lullaby-tainted milk anarchy (don't question that sentence I just said) on the 5th of November?

Ah frack....now I'm at a crossroads in regards to Pennyworth starting in 1965 or 1964.

Fall weather in London apparently looks similar to its weather in early Spring due to heavy rainfall. Um...

Some forum I found discussing this (ResetEra) brought up a good point: This is essentially the reverse or inverse of V for Vendetta.

London was never nuked in the original story, but in Pennyworth the rise of fascism in a war-torn world happened BEFORE that event.
Like I said, it's not only inverse it how it culminated but also going backwards in how the events played out in that comic. Were we going to get proto-Thatcher (Prime Minister Frances Gaunt?) in Season 4 with nuke mutants and Crowley's cultists?

Well...Dave Boy's actor did say "Season 4 would have been bananas".

Last edited:
Anyone else find it weird that the Batwoman showrunners decided to keep Waylon Jones white-washed and looking like his Gotham version, pre-scales/accelerated mutation?

The white Waylon Jones aspect literally was unique to Gotham; more vague clues that they might have been adjacent via Hypertime.
(I still think Gotham, at least the events as it played out in the show, is exclusive to Earth-38 pre-Crisis.)
KillerCrocEvolution.png

Latest posts

Back