DAREDEVIL #83
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Penciled by MICHAEL LARK
Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
The acclaimed new team of Brubaker and Lark ratchet the tension up a notch in their landmark second issue! The unthinkable has happened, and Matt Murdock is left stunned. As the strands of what's left of his life begin to fall to pieces, how will he react? This is Daredevil at his breaking point, and when he snaps, everyone in his way had better stand clear!
The image was taken down out of respect for the creative team. Apparently it was supposed to be cropped.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
DD083COV_COL.jpg
Cover for #83

Sounds interesting, but I hope this isn't just another Born Again redux, I am getting sick of those.

Guardian Devil (#1-8 )

This was a great arc. It was a great mystery. Most comic mysteries I read have a habit of being really cool but than the reveal is often lame and someone who doesn't make sense. That they didn't set them up at all. Hush, Dark Victory, Identity Crisis all didn't make sense. They were all brillant stories but the payoff was weak. The one behind it and his reasons were genius. Bullseye killing Karen was horrible. The scene with Daredevil & Dr.Strange talking to Mesphito was the best part.

A-

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
The sniper, according to the experts at ManWithoutFear.com, is a villain named Paladin. Anyone got info on him?

He was referred to as Paladin during the issue, I'm not sure by who bc i don't have the issue at hand.

I presumed it was the sniper from the Black Widow arc?

Daredevil #80

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Milla's in her hotel room. They're trying to force their way in. Black Widow comes and says that she has to leave the country. When the men at the door force their way in, the room's empty. On the television there are reports that Daredevil is dead.

One page spread of Urich's article on the Night Nurse.

Elektra has taken Matt to the Night Nurse.

Foggy, Iron-Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones are talking about Foggy staying there. They turn on the T.V. and it says Daredevil's dead.

Ben Urich stalls and doesn't want to give up Matt. He hits Wilson Fisk with a clipboard and slashes his head. The Director of the FBI is a dick and tells Urich to give up Matt Murdock's position (location of the night nurse) or he will never see his family again.

Elektra is having trouble trusting a busty woman with no superpowers taking care of Matt. She makes a call and hears a noise. Widow and Milla are standing there. Widow and Elektra have a bit of a tense faceoff when suddenly Widow is stopped by two swords across her neck. The Hand has arrived and they do their own operation on Matt to keep him alive. *Note: I don't think this has anything to do with Matt turning evil or anything. They were just following their leaders orders*Suddenly The FBI shows up outside and Elektra orders The Hand to stall them. THere's a big fight between Ninjas, FBI, and Heroes (Cage, Rand). Matt comes out and says to stop fighting. The FBI arrest Matt and almost Iron Fist and Cage until Natasha says she'll have it all shut down. They just arrest Matt.

Final Pages

A collage of Foggy (face in hands), Owl (Devilishly Smiling), Natasha (Staring into a bathroom mirror), Milla (Sitting, staring, and crying), Urich (sitting in an empty office looking pathetic), Del Toro (on a plane looking out the window), Luke Cage (looking out at the city from a building), Wilson Fisk (Satisfied) *One more I'm missing because I don't have the issue with me. Del Toro could be Elektra too.*

Last page shows Matt in a jail cell...

5/5... one of the best Daredevil arcs ever.

one more issue to go :evil:

Perhaps Owl is preparing a welcome party for Matt in prison, he seems less worried now and more pleased. A lot of DD villains are in prison now (Bushwacker, Mr. Hyde, Mr. Fear, etc) and Owl could get them together to thank DD for their 25 to life jail terms.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Owl wanted a piece of the action taking Murdock down. I don't think he's smiling because of what he's planning but something he's already done.

How could Owl be part of Matt's take down, besides making his life Hell in prison?

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Didn't he have some kind of talk with the warden?

Exactly, seems likely that Owl would bribe the warden to make Matt's life Hell when he comes to prison or something.

Parts Of A Hole (#9-15)

Pretty good arc. It was kinda of hard to follow with how it jumped around a lot. Echo is a cool character. 12 was the best issue. I like how it looked at all these random people who then all came together cause of the Daredevil-Echo fight. Now I got to read Bendis' run.

B+

Last edited:
Wake Up (#16-19)

Bendis' first arc. It was very good. Most of it was viewed though the eyes of Ben Ulrich. I don't like the art style very much. But really good. Only 50 more issues to go.

B+

Last edited:
thee great one said:
Wake Up (#16-19)

Bendis' first arc. It was very good. Most of it was viewed though the eyes of Ben Ulrich. I don't like the art style very much. But really good. Only 50 more issues to go.

I thought Bendis' arc started with 25/26?

Bendis did Wake Up but was just filling in like Mack did. Then came an arc that isn't collected in TPB called "Playing to the Camera" by Bob Gale. It's enjoyable but not actually great and unneeded. Bendis was signed on to the title officially after that arc starting with #26 Underboss

Hope you like it, TGO. I found it really good stuff.... obviously.

Last edited:
homina homina homina..............whoa.guess he wasnt joking about going out with a bang.

MWF,i think you like Del Toro a bit much........was that not Elektra on the plane?How else would she go back to Japan?Swim?:D

Another take on Owl's chat with the warden-maybe he has dirt on the Kingpin?

Patriot Mk2 said:
homina homina homina..............whoa.guess he wasnt joking about going out with a bang.
Truth.

MWF,i think you like Del Toro a bit much........was that not Elektra on the plane?How else would she go back to Japan?Swim?:D
I just thought maybe it was Del Toro leaving the country. But yeah, obviously Elektra makes sense.

Another take on Owl's chat with the warden-maybe he has dirt on the Kingpin?
That'd be cool.

Latest posts

Back