Ultimates 2 #5 HIT ME! ( SPOILERS)

In the myth, yes Thor needed his "girdle" to lift his hammer.

But he also ran around in a chariot pulled by goats.

I had a dream last night that Black Widow is the traitor.

I was told by a dark haired man with green eyes.

lol.

Ultimates 2 #6: The Speculationing

So... we know that the Ultimate Defenders are in this issue see the image here at the Comic Art Community.

I forget who they are - if I remember right it's Giant Man (obviously), Nighthawk and then (from left to right) Luke Cage, Valkyrie, Damian Hellstrom, and Hellcat.

So, what do you think happens?

I think we'll see that these guys get together, and spend most of their time doing publicity and talking about how great they are - indeed, they are little more than a rescue operation, doing the things fire brigades do, all the while, Hank is still building Ultron - who is now capable of rudimentary social interactions.

Then, the Defenders finally get a shot at a proper crisis, against say, domestic terrorists - but instead of saving people, they're more showboating and it quickly becomes evident that they are in over their heads. Then, the Ultimates arrive and completely upstage them. The Defenders (I reckon Luke Cage or Valkyrie) attempt to put down the Ultimates in front of the press, but Captain America probably just tells them to leave the superheroics to the professionals.

Hank, irked by Captain America soaking up the press' love along with Wasp, becomes more insular and aggravated, and during a public outing with the Defenders, starts a fight, which culminates in a few hits being thrown and some public property damage. What's worse, is that this is all over the papers, "Defenders Bust Up!" and so forth. Believing the Ultimates are laughing behind his back, Hank returns to his home to work on Ultron. Finally finished on Ultron, Hank is ready to use Ultron as an instrument to attack the Defenders, Union, and The Ultimates.

Which is when the traitor breaks into his house to steal Ultron. Hank is about to intervene, but before he can become giant man, the traitor kills him... with an arrow. Then we see Hawkeye, final spread of the issue, into his intercom saying, "I've got Ultron. Get a clean-up crew in here, we need to make it look like a suicide."

Ok... so I'm a total fanboy. I think the issue will be a bit like this - except for the end. Simply because I don't know who the traitor is, what Ultron's gonna get up to, or even if #6 is related to Grand Theft America.

Personally, I think we should expect a "wham" in this issue. It seems far to... innocuous. While the details are undoubtedly wrong, this is the kind of thing I'm expecting.

Anyone else got any bright(er) ideas?

I don't think the Ultimates will be involved in this issue. The last page of #5 certainly suggested that they're gonna have their hands full for a couple of weeks.

Otherwise, I think that's kinda on the nose. Facts wise, we know that nighthawk starts the team and is surprised that Hank wants to be part of it. We can suspect that jane is valkyrie, and just a fan of Thor. And.. erm.. I dunno, think that's it.

More facts to come as soon as I've made some up.

icemastertron said:
I still can't believe Thor actually fell for the "My baby!" line....
I believe he would err on the side of doing the right thing. He's out to save the world, out to save lives. The last thing he would want is an innocent to get hurt. [voiceover]In the heat of battle, you don't get a chance to think twice[/voiceover], and that's what Thors sensibilities, his natural attitude towards life made him do. Really, he's not a soldier.

I literally know nothing about this issue other than Ultimate Defenders are supposed to be losers, and Giant-Man's joined them. Maybe that's why I'm so convinced it's gonna have a shock in it.

Also, maybe, because the Ultimates are busy in the Middle East, the Defenders can shine back home?

I dunno. The synposis I came up with above was just a sketch that took me 10 or 20 minutes to do.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought we killed speculation threads?
No chance, they're one of the most enjoyable aspects of the board.
Patriot said:
How about a hold-up where its revealed Luke Cage is just a nutcase and not actually bulletproof?
I don't think they'd do that nutcase thing again so soon after Thor. Though I can see his bulletproof-ness being little more than a brag.

Guijllons said:
No chance, they're one of the most enjoyable aspects of the board.

Yeah, I like 'em too. I have no idea what this is about, enlighten me MWOF?

Guijllons said:
I don't think they'd do that nutcase thing again so soon after Thor. Though I can see his bulletproof-ness being little more than a brag.

"Pull the trigger.

See who dies."

Man, I loved the CAGE mini.

Ultimate Houde said:
Is it just me or does Cage have a big package?
Not just you, I have a big package as well.

Knowing Millar and his continuing plots, this issue probably won't be totally standalone, and will in some way set up the events of TGA. Though from reading the last issue, I am less inclined to think it is related to Ultron at all. So... I have no idea what's going on there.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought we killed speculation threads?
Well not that they are no longer allowed, but all speculation threads are to belong in the "Baseless Ideas and Speculation Forum". At least that was my understanding. Hopefully Ice, Cad, or E will move this to its proper home.

... hmm... I can understand this being the case if say, #6 was related to #5. But it seems to be a stand alone story. While I can understand say, speculating on Ultimate Spider-Man #76 is pointless in its own thread since it's just another part of the same story as #75, surely it would make more sense to begin the discussion of Ultimates 2 #6 in a spoiler thread, that starts with speculation and moves to spoiler as the issue is released - and then, the next issue, if part of the same story, remains in that same thread. Make sense?

Probably not. Which is why this is the current system we've got.

Anyhow, sorry, I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to start spec threads. :)

Bass said:
surely it would make more sense to begin the discussion of Ultimates 2 #6 in a spoiler thread,

Hmm....that is a good point...

Bass said:
Anyhow, sorry, I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to start spec threads. :)

If more spec threads started off like yours did with "Here's what I think will happen:" instead of people just starting a thread and saying, "Here's the thread - who wants to speculate" I'd leave them be.

Maybe the right way to do it is to just delete threads that start off asking to be started off.

REINSTATE MY THREAD AS "ULTIMATES 2 #6 DISCUSSION THREAD (SPOILERS)" NOW, MORTAL!

Please? I love you.

Latest posts

Back