Trying to find this indie comic anthology....

RaduFerenczy

I'm trying to find out the name of an obscure indie comic anthology...

The series that I remember best is about a guy who time travel's via a kid's motorcycle. (I believe that he's blonde and the motorcycle is pink) He ends up in a post apocalyptic future where the earth has been decimated by nuclear war. There are giant ape creatures (they are over ten feet tall) who live in an underground military base that were created by the government to salvage machinery for the remnants of the United States government in case of a nuclear war so that they can start rebuilding society. The main giant ape is called Ape-man Willie and he attacks the other apes violently whenever he gets irritated. The human protagonist has to survive living with these creatures until his time machine recharges. He lives in fear of being killed and eaten by Ape-man Willie.

The story is inter cut with the main character's therapy sessions which are conducted by a humanoid fly.

The other series that I remember is a Conan style fantasy series set in a desert.

The anthology was published by a small company, cancelled and then picked up by DC. The books were printed in a larger format like the original Tick comics.

I never finished the series and I tried to find it online to no avail. I wanted to see if it was collected in a trade.

Back