Transformers Cinematic Universe - Timeline

I meant with Transformers, not the old G.I. Joe films XD. Come on guys, the whole discussion there was LITERALLY about the old films contradicting Transformers.

G.I. Joe and Transformers have frequently crossed over in comics and the occasional toyline over the years, though this marks the first time the two have co-existed in a feature film. Notably, the G.I. Joe insignia on Burke's business card is the version introduced in the film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.
They had to use the same logo, huh? Well, they can't be canon anyway so it doesn't really matter right now.

A poster for Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins uses the same logo from the 2009 series. In the actual film, I believe they use a different logo... but theoretically, Snake Eyes can be canon to Transformers.
1000008382.jpg
1000008383.jpg

Last edited:
Snake Eyes (2021) Timeline
15??
????
Morning Light: A Weapon with Stories to Tell (0:00:32 - 0:01:33)

1???
????
Morning Light: A Weapon with Stories to Tell (0:01:34 - 0:02:03)

191?
????
Morning Light: A Weapon with Stories to Tell (0:02:04 - 0:02:48)

????
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins

????
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins

Morning Light: A Weapon with Stories to Tell (0:00:00 - 0:00:31)
Morning Light: A Weapon with Stories to Tell (0:02:49 - 0:03:07)
Interestingly, the blu-ray extra short has scenes with Snake Eyes in costume from the end of the film doing action poses and about to fight Storm Shadow, so I guess it's a sequel kinda. Should this film be considered canon, it does limit what they can do with the G.I. Joe crossover, but they did say (I think?) that they want to use more obscure characters so I guess it could work? But what's even the point if you can't use Snake Eyes? Either way, Snake Eyes is canon or none of them are and we get a new universe (as far as G.I. Joe is concerned).

Hey everyone
I was watching Bumblebee (2018) and wondered about its timeline, so I came here. There seems to not be a specific month of when it happens in 1987, but I gathered some clues and figured that it's supposed to be set in mid-October to early-November 1987. Since:

–When Charlie and her mom are arguing, Charlie says "In ten months from now, you won't even have to deal with me", suggesting she's going to start her final year in high school and leave after the summer ends in August. This brings us to November.

–Also, earlier, Charlie plays The Smiths' album "Strangeways, Here We Come", which came out on September 28, 1987, and she says "It's brand new".

Oh, and I think there's supposed to be a time-jump between the prologue (B-127 escaping in the pod, crashlanding on Earth, Blitzwing taking out his voice box, and him scanning the Volkswagen before shutting down) and the first time we see Charlie (her going to work and then to the scrapyard). It has to be at least a few weeks apart, maybe 4 weeks, since B-127 in Beetle form has a honeycomb in its fender, and I searched, and it takes a honeycomb about 4 weeks to grow to the point we see in the film. So, that would happen in mid-September 1987.

What do y'all think? Can we settle the film on those months?

Hey everyone
I was watching Bumblebee (2018) and wondered about its timeline, so I came here. There seems to not be a specific month of when it happens in 1987, but I gathered some clues and figured that it's supposed to be set in mid-October to early-November 1987. Since:

–When Charlie and her mom are arguing, Charlie says "In ten months from now, you won't even have to deal with me", suggesting she's going to start her final year in high school and leave after the summer ends in August. This brings us to November.

–Also, earlier, Charlie plays The Smiths' album "Strangeways, Here We Come", which came out on September 28, 1987, and she says "It's brand new".

Oh, and I think there's supposed to be a time-jump between the prologue (B-127 escaping in the pod, crashlanding on Earth, Blitzwing taking out his voice box, and him scanning the Volkswagen before shutting down) and the first time we see Charlie (her going to work and then to the scrapyard). It has to be at least a few weeks apart, maybe 4 weeks, since B-127 in Beetle form has a honeycomb in its fender, and I searched, and it takes a honeycomb about 4 weeks to grow to the point we see in the film. So, that would happen in mid-September 1987.

What do y'all think? Can we settle the film on those months?
Excellent analysis!

The 28 Days blu-ray includes 24 minutes of footage from the In-Universe Santa Cruz show. I thought, hey, that's cool. I can include that on the timeline.

Then I saw this...
1000015208.jpg
How can the in-universe fiction from the 1980s/1990s (I assume) view the in-universe non-fiction as in-universe fiction within the fiction? I'm so confused. Is this actually set after the movie and the film was adapted into a film which was then a poster in the in-universe show, or did Sandra Bullock (the actor, not her character) star in a film called 28 Days in-universe prior to the events of the actual 28 Days film, which was seen on a poster in the in-universe Santa Cruz show?

Latest posts

Back