The Wizarding World Timeline

They are certainly not canon to the books and will never be. Tolkien canon is very exclusive. They also take on the esthetic of the films, so they're meant to be part of that world.

Middle-Earth Timelines
Tolkien-Verse (books)
Middle-Earth Cinematic Universe (films, series, Aragon's Quest, War in the North, Shadow I-II)
Gollum Universe (Gollum Game)
Talkien-verse Is called legendarium.

The Gollum game is supposed to be like the books, thus it is intentionally not connected to the films, and it obviously isn't canon to the books, so it's part of its own universe.

I think that makes at least three alternate animated universes, since apparently only The Hobbit (1977) and The Return of the King (1980) are in continuity with each other

Isn't Chapter 5 the day after Chapter 4? or does Chapter 4 happen in the 31 before dawn?

Isn't Chapter 5 the day after Chapter 4? or does Chapter 4 happen in the 31 before dawn?
Nope It says, the next morning which still Is 31st. If this Isn't right we Will skip a day and we Will have hagrid with the dursley until the 1st day.

returning to this, and........... looking at Hogwarts mistery I think we'll need to say that Books, Games and Movies are like Raimi Trilogy pre-2024. Coz Hogwarts Mistery takes the Look of the Movies adding the lore of the novels. So i guess that Timeline 2 will be the HULU TV Series....

(WB WHY U HAVE TO MAKE ME GO CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!!!)

Last edited:
Book Hogwarts has a distinctly different layout, most notably the owl house being in the castle tower in the books, while it's a separate building outside the castle gardens in the movies. I think these different locations would bring us closest to determine which it would more resemble.

So I looked more into it. A while back there was a timeline posted on the Pottermore wiki

From this I could take away 2 scenarios:

1: Hogwarts Mystery is a divergent timeline
2: Hogwarts Mystery takes place in the film universe as the Fantastic Beast movies are on there. (If we consider that the Cursed Child refers to the play and that the book universe does not have the Fantastic Beast movies as canon)

1722985299356.jpeg

Oh I just noticed the symbols on the timeline below the entries. That would confirm that the Fantastic Beasts are movie universe for sure at least and Cursed Child play is dominant over the script in both universes.

As for Hogwarts Mystery, I would personally go with a diverged timeline. Many people said it contradicts some things from the main HP plot anyway, like the Quidditch tournaments, which of course we could look past, but ehh.

Apparently in Volume 2 of the game the Chamber of Secrets will be opened? I wonder how that will go

Edit: so as Volume 2 is set during the main series I think we will def. get more answers as new chapters release, but the first chapter already contradicted the canon of the books, because of Hedwig lol.

Last edited:
Oh I just noticed the symbols on the timeline below the entries. That would confirm that the Fantastic Beasts are movie universe for sure at least and Cursed Child play is dominant over the script in both universes.

As for Hogwarts Mystery, I would personally go with a diverged timeline. Many people said it contradicts some things from the main HP plot anyway, like the Quidditch tournaments, which of course we could look past, but ehh.
Fantastic Beasts is canon to both, if book, movies and games are separated, which as for now IDK, coz ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

yeah, the more I read about it the more confused I became about the canonicity of different media. Guess I never really thought about it lol.

Latest posts

Back