Terminator - Timeline

The 2010 Robocop series actually ignores the events of Robocop 3 by having Lewis killed in different circumstances so it's possible that the Dynamite comics are its own universe
You think that Kill Human might be part of the main Dynamite RoboCop universe?

Yes if Dick Jones is young in the 90s if he's supposed to be middle aged in the 90s why not?

Last edited:
These are all of the known Robocop universes

Original
Remake
Dynamite

Could Frank Millers Robocop possibly fit into the original universe if it's an original story even though it's the rejected Robocop 2 script

Timeline 1 - Movie Universe
1984 - The Terminator
1991 - RoboCop
1991 - RoboCop: Dead or Alive #1-12
1992 - RoboCop 2
1993 - RoboCop #1-17 (Marvel Comics)
1995 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1995 - RoboCop: Rogue City
1996 - RoboCop 3
1996 - RoboCop versus The Terminator #1-4
1996 - Dark Horse Comics #1-3
1996 - RoboCop: Prime Suspect #1-4
1996 - Dark Horse Comics #6-9
1996 - RoboCop: Mortal Coils #1-4
1996 - RoboCop: Roulette #1-4
2001 - RoboCop: Prime Directives 1x01-1x04
2021 - RoboCop: Citizens Arrest #1-5

Timeline 2 - Animated Universe
2018 - RoboCop 1x01-1x12
2030 - RoboCop: Alpha Commando 1x01-1x40

Timeline 3 - Television Universe
1994 - RoboCop 1x01-1x22

Timeline 4 - Frank Miller's RoboCop
???? - RoboCop
???? - RoboCop #1-9 (Avatar Press)
???? - RoboCop: Wild Child #1
???? - RoboCop: Killing Machine #1
???? - RoboCop: Last Stand #1-8

Timeline 5 - Dynamite Comics' RoboCop
1984 - The Terminator
1995 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
2030 - RoboCop
2030 - RoboCop #1-6 (Dynamite Comics)
2030 - RoboCop: Road Trip #1-4
1995 - Terminator/RoboCop: Kill Human #1-4

Timeline 6 - RoboCop (2014)
2028 - RoboCop: Beta #1
2028 - RoboCop
2028 - RoboCop: Memento Mori #1
2028 - RoboCop: To Live and Die in Detroit #1
2028 - RoboCop: Hominem Ex Machina #1

Last edited:
Citizens Arrest is set long after Delta City is established so it could work and Dead or Alive is set right after the first movie

I think 2018 is a good date for the the first animated series and I don't see the problem with Frank Millers Robocop still being set in the 90s

And if the Frank Miller timeline is set in the 90s would the sequels even have the years of their canon counterparts you think?

btw not to ruin the moment but the novels place the movies in 2044 (1), 2045 (2), 2047 (3).

I can tell everyone did what they wanted with the dates, everyone has their way!

i personallly believe more in the 2040s time frame, but if someone believes in the 1990s or 2020s time frame, i can't blame them.

btw not to ruin the moment but the novels place the movies in 2044 (1), 2045 (2), 2047 (3).

I can tell everyone did what they wanted with the dates, everyone has their way!

i personallly believe more in the 2040s time frame, but if someone believes in the 1990s or 2020s time frame, i can't blame them.
The novels have one placement, the Marvel comics have 2016-2017, the original trailer has 1991, which is supported by the gravestone in Prime Directives (which references RoboCop 3, so canon), and a recent trailer places it in 2029-2030.

RoboCop: Rogue City apparently has RoboCop active in 1989 according to one reference, but also 1995+ based on a box, and also 2014 based on the Old Man's heart monitor. There's also a 1986 calendar in the first RoboCop.

The novels have one placement, the Marvel comics have 2016-2017, the original trailer has 1991, which is supported by the gravestone in Prime Directives (which references RoboCop 3, so canon), and a recent trailer places it in 2029-2030.

RoboCop: Rogue City apparently has RoboCop active in 1989 according to one reference, but also 1995+ based on a box, and also 2014 based on the Old Man's heart monitor. There's also a 1986 calendar in the first RoboCop.
What do you think the time period is the for the Frank Miller universe?

Also Alien?
The Alien versus Predator versus The Terminator comic posits that The Terminator war happened, ended in about 2032, and then the Alien films happen after they rebuild. Skynet had sleeper Terminators who activate in the future when they have the most chance of winning.

I guess you could make it canon to Alien if you assume that the sleeper agents were sent back in time and the war never happened, but that contradicts the intent of the comic. But, hypothetically, you could have your Alien vs. Predator vs. The Terminator vs. RoboCop timeline that includes all of them. It's just that in Alien, there was never a future war throughout the early 20th century so the comic obviously isn't canon. Unless the Alien Tetralogy occurred in both the future war and the non-future war timelines, I suppose.

I'd probably say every timeline before RoboCop versus The Terminator and Death Valley would be read immediately after Terminator 2, and then you'd assume RvT, Death Valley, Dark Years and Superman versus Terminator (it's part of the Death Valley timeline despite being a crossover) would be canon to AVP, and then after you watch and read the entire AVP timeline, you'd go back and watch/read every other Terminator story. It'd look pretty silly really. I guess you could explain that the original version of the Earth War trilogy, Alien 3: The Original Screenplay, Alien: The Original Screenplay, and all the RoboCop timelines are a consequence of Terminator time travel if you were going to take that and run with it.

Last edited:
The Alien versus Predator versus The Terminator comic posits that The Terminator war happened, ended in about 2032, and then the Alien films happen after they rebuild. Skynet had sleeper Terminators who activate in the future when they have the most chance of winning.

I guess you could make it canon to Alien if you assume that the sleeper agents were sent back in time and the war never happened, but that contradicts the intent of the comic. But, hypothetically, you could have your Alien vs. Predator vs. The Terminator vs. RoboCop timeline that includes all of them. It's just that in Alien, there was never a future war throughout the early 20th century so the comic obviously isn't canon. Unless the Alien Tetralogy occurred in both the future war and the non-future war timelines, I suppose.

I'd probably say every timeline before RoboCop versus The Terminator and Death Valley would be read immediately after Terminator 2, and then you'd assume RvT, Death Valley, Dark Years and Superman versus Terminator (it's part of the Death Valley timeline despite being a crossover) would be canon to AVP, and then after you watch and read the entire AVP timeline, you'd go back and watch/read every other Terminator story. It'd look pretty silly really. I guess you could explain that the original version of the Earth War trilogy, Alien 3: The Original Screenplay, Alien: The Original Screenplay, and all the RoboCop timelines are a consequence of Terminator time travel if you were going to take that and run with it.
i'm working on that in my headcanon timeline.

I just assume that Every franchaise happens until judgement day. Then it's only terminator.

I put RoboCop in the 2040s so to not over saturize the 90s.

And as for now it kinda works.

basically i go watching everything from the other brands until 1984 for the alpha timeline. Then we continue to 1997 for the original timeline. Then to 2004 for the Tempest timeline etc.

It's working as for now.

@Megatron for your Robocop are you only adding the movies or are you also adding the comics that are canon to the main timeline?

Back