Slasherverse - Timeline

1. All included series must be a film/TV property first even if the connection is through a comic book. Hack/Slash is an obvious exception.

2. All references to other franchises has to be an intentional universe link. For example, Invasion of the Body Snatchers is shown as fictional in Gremlins, so it is not likely not an in-universe link. Grandma Sawyer in The Howling is probably not intended to connect, though the Chucky tie-in comic does help justify a link I suppose.

So, yeah. If I were to include more, it'd be:

1. Digging Up the Morrow
2. Leprechaun (what other Leprechauns would Cassie be talking about!?)
3. Night of the Demons
4. The Howling (because of the two references)
5. Gremlins
6. Explorers (references Gremlins, same director)

I'm skeptical of The Time Machine being linked, since it seems to work differently to that film. Robbie the Robot (Forbidden Planet 1956) is another interesting connection in Gremlins, but I doubt it's supposed to mean anything.

The Howling VIII is out-of-print so that's screwed. I'm gonna nab the DVD. Just in case, one day, y'know.
Glad to have helped you out with the 1st rule.

I'll try, one day. There's two crossovers in those.

Hellraiser vs. Nightbreed: Jihad
Pinhead vs. Marshal Law: Law in Hell

I'm likely going to ignore Nightbreed and Marshal Law though.

I seemed to have forgot about something... The X-Files: Conspiracy comic... oh dear. We... we might need some guidelines so we don't end up in Tommy Westphall's head.
The Hellraiser comics also include a crossover with Lord of Illusions

The Hellraiser comics also include a crossover with Lord of Illusions
Ah, right, I forgot. That one is obvious.

You know, I'm not exactly sure whether it's the same guy from the movie of not. It's based on Barker's universe of course... but ah, why not?

Ah, right, I forgot. That one is obvious.

You know, I'm not exactly sure whether it's the same guy from the movie of not. It's based on Barker's universe of course... but ah, why not?
Pretty sure the Rawhead Rex and Lord of Illusions aren't supposed to be the movie versions

The Nightbreed one is connected to the Nightbreed comics which are a sequel to the directors cut of the Nightbreed movie

Sean Crowley (from King of the Ants) being a violent guy who wants to beat his kid but won't do it in Suitable Flesh is... pretty in-character actually. He was a piece of work in his film. King of the Ants is more of a crime thriller than a horror film though.

The Director's commentary says that Sean Crowley's character was originally intended to be someone else, played by... Jeffrey Combs! Herbert West could have been in Suitable Flesh, damn it!

The Necronomicon (confirmed in YouTube interview) is a notable part of Suitable Flesh. The body swap incantation comes from the book, and it even has a sort of face on it. Love when things just work themselves out.

The security guard in Miskatonic in Suitable Flesh is Mace Jr., the son of Mace, the security guard in Re-Animator. Another great small connection.

Also on Director's Commentary.

I guess being a security guard that runs into re-animated corpses runs in the family.

Last edited:

Do I reallly haaave to? :)

Aaaahhh! Did they have to ask him that? It's not technically connected, It's just a Lovecraft adaptation. It wasn't intended to be connected to Suitable Flesh and it wasn't directed by Stuart Gordon, so it kinda just feels like he threw it out there because the tweet asked him.

It's like saying Superman Returns references Gotham so it's connected to Batman Begins, when that was only done because they're both based on DC comics.

Guess I'll have to check it out though. Word-of-god and everything. I'll put it on the list...

Do I reallly haaave to? :)

Aaaahhh! Did they have to ask him that? It's not technically connected, It's just a Lovecraft adaptation. It wasn't intended to be connected to Suitable Flesh and it wasn't directed by Stuart Gordon, so it kinda just feels like he threw it out there because the tweet asked him.

It's like saying Superman Returns references Gotham so it's connected to Batman Begins, when that was only done because they're both based on DC comics.

Guess I'll have to check it out though. Word-of-god and everything. I'll put it on the list...

The Miskatonic is a different one from the one in Re-Animator and Suitable Flesh

Okay, so The Resonator film is a sequel to From Beyond set in present day with the son of Crawford Tillinghast (also called Crawford Tillinghast...) but it has a way younger Herbert West who only gets the green glow of the re-animation serum at the end. Also, Herbert not being on the run, for some reason.

God... damn it. It makes no sense!

Okay, so The Resonator film is a sequel to From Beyond set in present day with the son of Crawford Tillinghast (also called but it has a way younger Herbert West who only gets the green glow of the re-animation serum at the end. Also, Herbert not being on the run, for some reason.

God... damn it. It makes no sense!
From what research I've done it's not actually a sequel to From Beyond it just takes elements from the story and seems to be more of a sequel to the short story

Latest posts

Back