Invincible

I've read the first three TPB's, and I'm not that impressed. It's light hearted and all, but it doesn't blow my socks off like it does with other people on this board. Granted, the whole father deal was interesting, but the rest of the comic felt....flat.

I've read the first three TPB's, and I'm not that impressed. It's light hearted and all, but it doesn't blow my socks off like it does with other people on this board. Granted, the whole father deal was interesting, but the rest of the comic felt....flat.

what made it feel "flat" for ya?

I couldn't really describe why, but I would have to go with the fact everything in the first three volumes anyway, felt spoon fed to me. Nothing really surprised me all that much.

Though, I'm leaning towards Robotman being evil.

I have read volume four, and it seems to pick up around there.

The girlfriend is going to have to figure out what's going on sooner or later.

Robotman is up to something, though I have no idea what.

And wasn't Angstrom Levy the guy who sent Invincible into the Marvel universe?

I have read volume four, and it seems to pick up around there.

The girlfriend is going to have to figure out what's going on sooner or later.

Robotman is up to something, though I have no idea what.

And wasn't Angstrom Levy the guy who sent Invincible into the Marvel universe?

with robot you'll find out in vol. 7 along with levy, but yes he did send him to the marvel U.

Just caught up on this with the trades through volume 7, and i gotta say, i agree with a lot of people, it started really slow and flat, and i didn't get what all the fuss was about, but it REALLY picked up starting with volume four and has been going strong ever since.

question, though; i only have issues 36 and 37 in their regular forms. how long has "Capes" been running as a back up?

Just caught up on this with the trades through volume 7, and i gotta say, i agree with a lot of people, it started really slow and flat, and i didn't get what all the fuss was about, but it REALLY picked up starting with volume four and has been going strong ever since.

question, though; i only have issues 36 and 37 in their regular forms. how long has "Capes" been running as a back up?

I'm not sure exactly how long but I heard theres enough they're doing a TPB of it soon.

I read all of these over the weekend...I think i'm up to date now. I love it. So much happens in each issue. There's just so many subplots...I really like kirkman's writing and how each arc has a load of lead-up to it in previous arcs...It's how I like my ongoings. Only sore point is sometimes there's too many...like is anything gonna happen with the guy at school with the metal torso from like the first arc..and he took like 20 issues to get back to the martian storyline...but it doesn't matter too much. I also read capes which was a lot of fun and am gonna try and get my hands on the other things kirkman's put in this universe. I know people mentioned Brit and Tech Jacket and i think he also wrote superpatriot or some superpatriot minis...anything else I should think about getting hold of...I'm thinking comics which are either written by kirkman or with invincible in them, and maybe i'll join the club and try making a timeline

Tech Jacket and SuperPatriot (the one by Kirkman anyway, haven't read the others) aren't anything special, but Brit is excellent. And it's gonna be released on TPB in color soon (or might be already). Definitely recommend that one, but I wouldn't bother with the other stuff.

Except for Battle Pope, which I think is the best stuff Kirkman's written, but that has nothing to do with Invincible.

Last edited:
Yes Tech jacket was dissappointingly average...thought the first superpatriot mini was fun tho..2nd isn't finished yet...and i may wait and see if they release brit in colour....I made a list regarding continuity of some of the other titles

Capes happens between the SP mini's (the SP newspaper man goes to sell ice cream in capes, but is back again for the second SP mini)

Capes is continued from I#27 onwards as back-up stories, so comes before that point at least.
(Do capes appear before then? I know there's one guy at the funeral, but is there any reference to events in the capes mini in invincible?)

War on terror #1 happens at the same time as I#15 (claire/debbie)

Brit #3 happens at start of I#16 (Alien invasion)

Tech Jacket happens any point before I#27 (where he and brit feature)

Then there's the back-up storys from #25, #0, FCBD and marvel team-up crossover I know where they all go.

One thing that confused me that might be a bit off topic but in the second superpatriot mini
Liberty and justice have been killed and there's a little flashback to the battle, invincible is one of the people fighting
Does anyone know when this happens, I could include that in the timeline

The first few arcs of invincible aren't amazing. From there it gets cool.

Battle Beast ftw!

heehee....I just read the marvel team-up where, mark's saying how unimaginative spiderman is...and if all the new avengers were as unimaginative they'd be called robot-man, claw-man, flag-man, fabio-man (sentry) and luke cage as "Black-man"....there's also a dig at superman's name in the same vein. I do like Kirkman's humour.

heehee....I just read the marvel team-up where, mark's saying how unimaginative spiderman is...and if all the new avengers were as unimaginative they'd be called robot-man, claw-man, flag-man, fabio-man (sentry) and luke cage as "Black-man"....there's also a dig at superman's name in the same vein. I do like Kirkman's humour.

AND there's a joke about Batman in I #33. I just love when Kirkman does these thing, you fully understand the joke only if you've alse read the MTU issue.

The Second Panel of God War #1 is on a plane...and on the plane is a passenger with an uncanny resembelence to Mr. T i.e. BA "I ain't going on no plane" barracus...heh heh...and didn't he bring in Ali G to invincible to help with public relations or something silly like that.

Has anyone read any of these? They're modern classics from Image Comics. The best way to describe it is Spider-Man meets Scrubs.

It's alright. I always forget to read it though, which shows it's not a top priority.

The art is excellent.

Yeah, I love the pop culture references. In one of the first issues, there's a guy with a 'Wild Nyllads' cap on, who looks just like Bill. Also, there's a shopping mall called 'Twin Pines Mall' with the same logo and everything.

I just got the Volume Four TP and it is the best TP I've read in 2007. It was ****ing, round-the-house, up-and-down AWESOME. Invincible as a character, and Invincible as a comic, has EVERYTHING I ever liked about superheroes (mainly Spider-Man and Superman), ever.

I noticed yesterday that Issue 41 of the monthlies has a big revamped cover that says "New Reader-Friendly, don't miss out a second time!". Tacky yes, but you can bet your sweet *** that I'm not going to miss out. From now on, I'm going to start buying the monthly issues as well as the TPs.

They better make a movie/cartoon/tv show out of this. And it better be good.

Back