Deadpool and Wolverine Movie

I finally saw it. It had a lot of comical bits, but overall, maybe I was expecting more, did anyone else enjoy or feel let down by this movie?

I loved it so much that it made me go back and watch all the Xmen films, something I haven't done since I was 10. New found love. The film, like No Way Home, probably won't hold up to time, but for an event film, it doesn't get better than this.

I had a fun time watching it! The audience at my showing seemed pretty enthusiastic too, laughing and cheering and screaming throughout.

I liked it more than the lasts things that Marvel has released. The villains were maybe a little over the top, though I guess it was make on purpose because of Deadpool's self aware humour(?)

Honestly, out of all the Phase 5 stuff (barring Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Loki S2, Agatha All Along and [to a lesser degree] Echo), Deadpool & Wolverine was without a doubt the best entry released by far. A swan song for the 20th Century Fox films and one that was chock full of references and easter eggs for longtime fans.

Our leading boys (Deadpool and Wolverine) were amazing and had some great chemistry together. Cassandra Nova was a solid antagonist. The plot was batshit bonkers, but that is merely a positive.

Only negative I'd give is the fact that Wade and Vanessa got split up despite the events of the past movie. And considering that a certain writer who fucked up Spider-Man in the comics was tied to the movie (Starts with "Z", ends with "ells"), well... I blame him for it.

All in all, I definitely enjoyed it. While my faith in the MCU isnt fully back there yet, this was a step in the right direction IMO.

Loved the movie, and it's one of my favorite Comic Book Films. Rewatched the FOXverse in preparation and that honestly made TV the experience so much better for me.

Only things I'm not too crazy about are the idea of Anchor Beings and Marvel learning the wrong lessons from this and No Way Home's success in the event something like Brave New World underperforms. (Still have faith in Cap )

I also don't like "anchor beings".
And I don't like "canon events" neither.
Canon Events are fine bc the point is that they're wrong (the script hints at how easy it is to harmlessly break canon when Gwen's dad quits being Captain) and I'm sure this gets fully expounded on in Beyond the Spider-Verse

I finally saw it. It had a lot of comical bits, but overall, maybe I was expecting more, did anyone else enjoy or feel let down by this movie?
As a fan of superhero movies, my score is 7/10. As a movie product, I give it 6/10. I was very excited to see it in a full theater anyway.

I loved this movie so much. I loved every moment of it. It's very much like the Deadpool comics which take the reader out of their element and gives the middle finger to Marvel in such ingenious ways, poking fun at the company for the things it takes so seriously.

That said, we're really lucky to have the MCU. When I grew up, we didn't have comic universes, we had abominations of characters and franchises because corporations were all about selling toys and to hell with the source material. Anyone trashing Marvel's MCU needs to take a good, long look in the mirror at this point.

Yeah, they've had their stinkers -- but even their stinkers are LIGHT YEARS ahead of what's been produced by Warner and DC. Even now, Warner gave us the shit-tastic WW84 and BvS and the latest Justice League which was terrible by itself and made worse by Zack Snyder.

Little late to the party here but I loved the film very much. Seeing Jackman in the suit was just perfect and together with Deadpool the two were a a fantastic duo. It was fun seeing some old familiar faces return. Film had me laughing so hard and ready to cry at other parts (those credits were so nostalgic) I agree with not being a huge fan of Anchor Beings but it'll depend on how the MCU handles them going forward.

Hey just wanted to say I loved watching DP&W I'm pretty OCD when it comes to chronological orders tbh and the worst thing about the MCU was when they started connecting itself to Everything and I mean EVERYTHING Marvel related in the Multiverse saga so I was pleasantly surprised when after a few watches I understood How they tied everything from the Fox universes together into the MCU
But yeah doing more research about the X-men and wider fox villains in Cassandra Nova's employ and realising they are all variants from the films is a genius way to say that those films happened and are now connected to the MCU but we didn't need to get every actor back to do so if you guys want I can explain my opinion on the xmen timeline and wider MCU timeline if you'd like?

But yeah great film and an amazing effort by both Ryan and Hugh and of course Shawn Levy

Latest posts

Back