Best comic to movie translations

No he's spider-man with Downs Syndrome

:lol:

On the subject of spider-man am I the only one who hates organic webbing? They in 1 move messed up 3 things;

1) the black suit advantage of doing organic webbing so when he wears it it would be less tempting.

2) We don't really see how smart Peter is because of it. Had he of built them his scientific side would have shown though a lot more. Answering some questions and reading norman's paper doesn't make him as smart as he is in comic. That was a big loss.

3) They are the source of his greatest weakness in a fight. In comics when he has them broken it's a huge blow as it's like "oh **** I can't web" It also adds tension to the fights because of it.

So yeah Personality changed , Intelligence lowered , a vulnerability removed. and that's just on Peter. Lets not go in to all that's wrong with others like M.J. It's as much a change from comics as other films.

1) the black suit advantage of doing organic webbing so when he wears it it would be less tempting.

The Black-Suit sucked in the movie anyway, especially the lame *** grayed out normal suit design

2) We don't really see how smart Peter is because of it. Had he of built them his scientific side would have shown though a lot more. Answering some questions and reading norman's paper doesn't make him as smart as he is in comic. That was a big loss.

He's not all that smart in any incarnation of the character, oh my god he mixed crazy glue with string cheese hoorah. In the movie he's just book smart, not an inventor, and his intelligence is NEVER used in the comics.

3) They are the source of his greatest weakness in a fight. In comics when he has them broken it's a huge blow as it's like "oh **** I can't web" It also adds tension to the fights because of it.

A smart person would reinforce those wirey looking peices of junk, and carry extra web cartridge's, and have like a "warning running out of webbing" indicator or something.

The Black-Suit sucked in the movie anyway, especially the lame *** grayed out normal suit design

I was talking from movie 1 they already removed it before any sequel could introduce it.

He's not all that smart in any incarnation of the character, oh my god he mixed crazy glue with string cheese hoorah. In the movie he's just book smart, not an inventor, and his intelligence is NEVER used in the comics.

Oh really ..... let's see. He invented : Webshooters, The spider-logo light, Spider-Mobile (sure that sucked but he built it) and of course Tracers that are very important. That's just his inventions.

He also : came up a serum to cure the lizard, Knew to use a rubber suit against electro, His spider Armour, Changed his super-hero identity while spider-man was on the run. Helped Reed on experiments (let's face it if he can keep up with Reed he has to be smart)

His is used a lot. It's an important part of who he is. He's sarcastic sure but he's also a genius as well as an Everyman. In film he seems to just be a slightly smart everyman. That's wrong i'm sorry but it is.

A smart person would reinforce those wirey looking peices of junk, and carry extra web cartridge's, and have like a "warning running out of webbing" indicator or something.

I'm not on about running out. I'm on about when they get broken so they can't function.

This is true, but meh. That was a perk. The power and the confidence and all the crucial things were still there.

I disagree. They still got that side of him across to the point which it was needed. Bottom line, as Sam Raimi said, working a sequence into the plot where he invents a miracle compound that 3M corporations haven't managed would just be too out-there, nevermind that it would also pretty much invalidate the money troubles that crucially plague him throughout the movies.

Completely agree with this in the long run, but they managed just fine without that in the movies. Spidey's got enough other(and less gimmicky) vulnerabilities to easily last three movies, and they tend to be better than "out of webfluid".

Gemini, this is one of the most flatly untrue things I've ever seen on the site. What are you talking about?

Gemini, this is one of the most flatly untrue things I've ever seen on the site. What are you talking about?
I'm saying that the intelligence is their but it's not used in the comics anymore, writers are more driven to have Spider-Man deliver a cheesey one-liner than to have Spider-Man use some damn common sense.

All the evidence mole provided is stuff that hasn't appeared or been mentioned, or duplicated, in 10 years. Half of those things anyone with some common sense could pull off (Rubber suit vs Electricity, Armour suit, Spider-Light), or stuff he didn't even come up with (tracers), or something that was GIVEN to him by Johnny Storm (Spider-Mobile)

I disagree. They still got that side of him across to the point which it was needed. Bottom line, as Sam Raimi said, working a sequence into the plot where he invents a miracle compound that 3M corporations haven't managed would just be too out-there, nevermind that it would also pretty much invalidate the money troubles that crucially plague him throughout the movies.

Not really they could have gone the batman begins route of a like only 5 minutes him finding or building something but base it reality and make the supplies cheap.

As for the how he could and they couldn't they could use the quick excuse from 90's cartoon of "The spider-bite passed on a sense of how he builds webs" simple and effective. They don't spider-dna they wouldn't get a grasp of how.

Completely agree with this in the long run, but they managed just fine without that in the movies. Spidey's got enough other(and less gimmicky) vulnerabilities to easily last three movies, and they tend to be better than "out of webfluid".

yeah they replaced that weakness with "oh M.J is trouble .... AGAIN."

Were as the final fights could have been so much if the added the element of Spider-man having to adapt to the fight. How sad is it that he uses more problem solving in the games of the movie than the movie.

This is just my opinion on it though.

or stuff he didn't even come up with (tracers), or something that was GIVEN to him by Johnny Storm (Spider-Mobile)

He built the Tracers and built the car (Johnny only helped a little) as for

anyone with some common sense could pull off (Rubber suit vs Electricity, Armour suit, Spider-Light)

I'll give you the light. However ... Rubber suit vs Electricity not anyone with common sense would use or Electro would never be a threat to anyone.

And the armour was created by him modifying his webbing to make it make it solid. So unless everyone with common sense has webbing or knowledge of his webbing formula they could not of created his Spider-armour

He built the Tracers and built the car (Johnny only helped a little) as for

I'll give you the light. However ... Rubber suit vs Electricity not anyone with common sense would use or Electro would never be a threat to anyone.

And the armour was created by him modifying his webbing to make it make it solid. So unless everyone with common sense has webbing or knowledge of his webbing formula they could not of created his Spider-armour

Yeah because you know people never use heavy duty rubber gloves or boots when dealing with electricity :roll:

And the armour, the make-up of the armour wasn't my point, when your dealing with people who are throwing bombs at you and hitting you with super-hman force it wouldn't take much common-sense to think to strap on a little extra padding.

But you're missing my point, when I said he's not an inventor in my original post I meant in the MOVIE, in the movie he's just book-smart. You're over-reacting to what your misunderstanding, primarily when I said he's not all that smart I meant in the current comics NOT in stuff that was released 20-30 years ago, when was the last time in a Spider-Man comic that you honestly felt Peter was using his intelligence properly? Peter has been treated like and been acting like a chump in the Spider-Man comics for years, and Ultimate Spider-Man is no different all those fights ever end up being is Peter yelling "What is going on!!" for 45 pages then the villain end up killing themselves

They covered that perfectly in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Dad developed a super-strong elastic compound for the military, who turned it down because it disintegrates within hours.

There. Done.

Dad developed a super-strong elastic compound for the military, who turned it down because it disintegrates within hours.

There. Done.

See, that's still a huge plot hole. We all know that in any responsible world, that they'd just keep developing the compound untill it was permanent, or sold it as a short term adhesive for medical usage, etc.

I still think the organic shooters were the best thing out of the movies.

No he's spider-man with Downs Syndrome
As someone with family afflicted with Down's Syndrome, and as a psychology major, don't EVER confuse emo and/or manic depression with Down's Syndrome.

Also, I agree with skotti. I've said it before I'll say it again: Organic webshooters have always been the better option because Peter's so-called scientific genius has NEVER been crucial to the character of Spider-Man. EVER.

Not really they could have gone the batman begins route of a like only 5 minutes him finding or building something but base it reality and make the supplies cheap.

As for the how he could and they couldn't they could use the quick excuse from 90's cartoon of "The spider-bite passed on a sense of how he builds webs" simple and effective. They don't spider-dna they wouldn't get a grasp of how.

There. Done.

Those are all fine, but to act like it's that simple would be naive. It's still something fairly complex you have to awkwardly work into the plot, affecting the pacing, etc. There was nothing obliquely wrong with just giving him organic webshooters from the get go, especially since they heavily worked that into the whole learning-curve thread. Complicating it with him deciding he needs webbing, getting the webfluid, building a mechanism to shoot it, figuring out how to swing from buildings with it.... it just would've been hard to work into the story they were telling as well as just giving him webglands.

Not to mention it makes him a little less relatable from the get-go, the "this could be ME!" aspect a little harder to reach.

SSJMole said:
yeah they replaced that weakness with "oh M.J is trouble .... AGAIN."

They DEFINITELY didn't replace the weakness with that. That's a motivation, not a limitation. I guarantee you if they'd worked in this apparently simple method of designing web-fluid he'd still be saving M.J. at the climax.

They DEFINITELY didn't replace the weakness with that. That's a motivation, not a limitation. I guarantee you if they'd worked in this apparently simple method of designing web-fluid he'd still be saving M.J. at the climax.

Though they did do that too often, seriously even Princess Peach got kidnapped less then Movie MJ.

Back