Arrow show on CW (Spoilers)

So that was a good finale. It seems like it could have been a series finale, but it worked to wrap up this season as well.

So did Diggle reenlist? Is that what was going on there? Man, I'd love it if he became Green Lantern.

- What kind of hero wears a hockey mask?
- I think it's cool.

THERE'S the Casey Jones joke I've been expecting.

Last edited:
Is anyone else watching this? I'm enjoying it much more than I have in a long time. Probably because Oliver isn't dating anyone.

Is anyone else watching this? I'm enjoying it much more than I have in a long time. Probably because Oliver isn't dating anyone.

It's a lot better this season, and I can't really put my finger on why. The flashbacks with the bratva are great, major improvement over those in Seasons 3 and 4, but then again the modern day portions are also much better. Maybe its the refocus on street crime and moving away from the more fantastical elements of Seasons 3 and 4, maybe its the new team, I really don't know. It's just better. It very well could be due to the fact there's basically been no real relationship drama so far this season which is definitely a welcome change.

It's a lot better this season, and I can't really put my finger on why. The flashbacks with the bratva are great, major improvement over those in Seasons 3 and 4, but then again the modern day portions are also much better. Maybe its the refocus on street crime and moving away from the more fantastical elements of Seasons 3 and 4, maybe its the new team, I really don't know. It's just better. It very well could be due to the fact there's basically been no real relationship drama so far this season which is definitely a welcome change.

Yeah, I'm enjoying those aspects of it too. I'm looking forward to seeing Dolf Lundgren as the Bratva boss in upcoming episodes.

Lance doesn't have access to SCPD evidence, he got fired.

Someone is framing him.

Yep. Some are saying its a resurrected Tommy Merlyn, which is technically feasible given Malcolm's knowledge of the pits. Honestly I can't even remember if there is more than one in the DC CW continuity. I try to forget Arrow Season 3 (and 4) as much as possible.

But yeah, it's definitely improving. It has slight, very slight elements of the relationship stuff, but it's really minor, wyo. least so far, and season is already a quarter done, so hopefully that's a good sign. The main relationship drama comes from the relationship between Arrow and the new recruits, which is an interesting and welcome approach.

Plus, the last episode openly addressed the fact Oliver was basically acting as a serial killer during first season, wiping out people on his father's list. That, exploring Diggle's guilt over killing his brother, the new team (I'm sure you'll eyeroll at some of the cornier jokes courtesy of Mr. Terrific and the other newer team members, wyo, but that's just cuz you're wyo), Diggle's helmet not looking dumb anymore, Diggle a man on the run after being framed along with Flashpoint changing timeline so Diggle and Lyla's daughter Sara became their son John which perfectly sets up him adopting Arrow mantle and using name Connor Hawke to distance himself from his fugitive father as a child (shown as a possible future in LoT Season 1), etc made the first 5-6 episodes pretty solid. The cohesiveness of the universe is pretty great. I'm just really looking forward to the four part crossover. Only few more weeks!

It's solid now, though, wyo. Still far from perfect and has a fair amount of cheese at times, but overall all four shows are decent to good this year. Arrow has definitely improved along with LoT, and Flash and Supergirl are still always reliably fun to watch. I love Supergirl, it's pure joy. Can't wait for them to bring Superman back, but it's a lot of fun by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Artemis is bad/against Green arrow. I thought she got over him being a serial killer a little too quickly.

I loved the fact Oliver called out the recruits for their hypocrisy due to being ok with Vigilante killing criminals but not Oliver early in his career.

But yeah, I liked that twist. It seems obvious in hindsight but I didn't see it coming.

This season is such an improvement.

Can't wait for the crossover in a couple weeks.

Our best look at these yellow varmints yet

udKPz17.jpg

So the Arrow episode of the Invasion crossover felt much less like a crossover episode than the other two did. It was actually quite an intimate nostalgic Arrow episode.

I still don't know why they killed off Laurel.

Where was Artemis in this episode? They didn't even mention her.

Wow... tonight's episode was very impressive. Really well done, especially in terms of Prometheus' Machiavellian plan and manipulation of Oliver.

It's really encouraging how much they've turned and show around and improved on it compared to last couple years.

Seriously, that may have been the best episode the show has done (which wouldn't be saying much in regards to last couple years), but man, it was really well done.

Last edited:
It took four and a half seasons, but I'm finally enjoying this show. Last night's episode was great and cannot wait to see where it goes.

I hope that cops in real life would be smart enough to not order a 'shoot on sight' for someone whose face you've never seen.

But wow, that was an intense episode.

But what the heck was that with Laurel at the end?

It took four and a half seasons, but I'm finally enjoying this show. Last night's episode was great and cannot wait to see where it goes.

Right? The episode wasn't perfect but I literally didn't see it coming (in terms of Prometheus' plan). That was well handled, but...

I hope that cops in real life would be smart enough to not order a 'shoot on sight' for someone whose face you've never seen.

That, and I don't like how Diggle is just like "eh, whatevs" about Barry changing timeline and accidentally deleting Sara and adding John Jr.

Barry just inadvertently Caitlin Jenner'd Digg's kid. I mean, I get liking Barry since he's an affable and likable guy, but come on Digg!

I also didn't like how Felicity was like "Oh, it's not your fault" when Oliver accidentally killed her boyfriend due to Prometheus' machinations. Granted, she's right, but that's not how the human brain works, that's not how the grief process works. There are stages. It usually takes most people months or years to achieve the rationalization Felicity came to in a few seconds. That was dumb. They could've used that as a viable conflict and spark for the team fracturing (which is Prometheus' plan in part, to drive everyone in Oliver's life away).

Instead it seems they may use it as an excuse to pair up Oliver and Felicity again. Seriously, just let that die, Arrow writers. Laurel is back, take the cue from the comics and have her and Oliver get together as a crime fighting romantic duo.

But otherwise, everything to do with Prometheus and his plans for Oliver was stellar. Literally the best episode of the entire show, and as said normally that wouldn't be saying much but it really was good. A lot of fun, constant twists, and a truly epic villain in Prometheus. The simple but perfect and effective phone call to fugitive Diggle that led him right into arms of police.

Just hope they don't ruin Prometheus with the reveal (I don't think he's the son of that corporate exec shown in the flashbacks--probably just another of Prometheus' misdirections/red herrings). I still kind of hope it's Tommy Merlyn.

But wow, that was an intense episode.

But what the heck was that with Laurel at the end?

Probably not the original Laurel. Likely the Earth-2 Laurel/Black Siren, since she's still on Earth-1 last we saw her (locked up in STAR Labs, but Prometheus is highly effective and capable so breaking her out isn't beyond his means).

Or, maybe it is Earth-1 Laurel and she was resurrected with a Lazarus Pit, which would also make sense in terms of tying back to Tommy Merlyn (since he was in love with Laurel during Season 1). If it is Tommy, presumably he died during Undertaking at end of Season 1, was brought to a Lazarus Pit by Malcolm (who had definitive knowledge of the pits), revived, likely trained by Malcolm and kept a secret from everyone else, and was able to revive Laurel in same way...?

I kind of hope it's not the original Laurel, though. It'd rob her death of any weight, and the resurrection thing has been overdone. I'm willing to overlook it for Tommy since it would be a nice full circle approach to not only first season but (despite it being somewhat cliched) the best friend becoming greatest enemy trope would work well there.

Or, cuz of Flashpoint, I guess? Though it's weird she'd wait several months to contact the team (since Barry changed timeline back from Flashpoint... partially anyway).

Last edited:
I don't see how flashpoint could change Laurel's death without the team's memory changing. Anyway, we'll see what's up with her.

Latest posts

Back